Pit Boss HP Bugged

Pit bosses seem to have way more HP than normal, if I reset the boss by dying once in the Pit, HP is back to current Live levels. Anyone else experiencing this?

14 Likes

Not sure if it is the boss or changes to my class (heartseeker rogue), but at my pit farming level (4-5 minute runs) I couldn’t get the boss below 75%.

I would have to agree with the Pit Boss, and all mob life. I was clearing 80’s prior to PTR with Spark, and I am surprisingly seeing better damage out with changes - but now I can’t even clear Pit80+.

The issue comes down to the HP pool, even during 2 stunned phase - hitting a few mill per Spark I couldn’t get a potion to drop. Dodging would be easy enough but I’m not running an 80 pit to have the time elapse by 30+ minutes

*Edit I did not experience the life pool being reset upon dying.

1 Like

I have noticed this too. its crazy different from Live. I am not sure if they retuned the Pits and the bug is from dying and then it is like before or the bug is without dying. Crazy health though. I did Pit 101, on live i do these in 90 seconds on PTR it is like 4 minutes every time.

Trash also takes more time to kill or its not worth as much to fill the bar.

Did a pit 101 boss to check… it definitely is an HP sponge compared to live game.

1 Like

Die once to it, then you will be able to kill it.

Where are the full PTR patch notes?

Testing shred druid. Shred druid does hit harder, but it seems like a pit 101 is significantly slower (all monsters have more health). Boss health is off the chart.

It’s difficult to tell relative power levels and changes when the sliding difficulty scale has changed as well. Then I can’t tell if druid is tankier (which it seems so), because I don’t know if the PIT monster damage has changed as well.

1 Like

Its at top posted in this PTR feedback section.

It’s like they made PTR with build from before PIT nerf.

2 Likes

Its not just Boss HP. The progress you get from the run itself feels like its been cut in half. I did a full clear on 4 runs i did and the first two i actually reach the end of the pit without hitting 100%

2 Likes

Hello Apollo. I was heartseeker in S4, cleaning pit 118 with 5 min left, doing 101 under 2 min. I tried a 101 pit, first attempt, the map was bugged a few mobs in it and that all, no way to get further. I reloaded my game. Second attempt, took me around 5 min in pit 101 just to remove a fifth of the boss life, then i suddenly died with absolutely no reason. Once reset, HP back online and I killed the boss in less then 10 sec!

I guess that explains what happened to me then.

I was fighting a Pit 30 boss (my build sucks rn), and after about 4 minutes I got 1 shot, boss was still over 50%.

Went back in, practically 1 shot him. Dead in 10-20 seconds.

If it’s a HP thing, then it’s WAY off… it must be at least 25x higher than after you die.

1 Like

Yep, on all three toons. Pit boss HP in Trillions. or so it seems. On top of clearing the level and being stuck with no mo monsters.

1 Like

For those that might not have seen it - there’s a thread in the PTR Bug Report section concerning this topic.

3 Likes

Season 5: PTR Known Issues & What to Expect - #3

Core Game Issues:
Boss health decreases when a player respawns and re-enters.

They’re aware of part of it… why the HP is so high to begin with is the question.
If anything - death, reentering etc appears to reset and normalize HP.

2 Likes

HP is just a time issue, depending the build. Though it certainly feels way out of tune.

I’m more concerned about the “exponential damage taken” stacks being applied to you by the Ghost bosses, as if they are tormented bosses. This, i hope was unintentional.

My assumption is that this is a bug. At level 99 pit, I was doing almost zero damage. Normally for the same exact build, i was taking out the boss in 4 or 5 seconds.

This one hardcore trick blizzard doesn’t want you to know about

Yep, spent what seemed like forever on like a level 60 pit with the boss slowly going down. Finally just died to see if it was easier. Killed the boss in seconds after that.

Exactly the same for me