Frame Rate Hitching / Stuttering on PC 4090

I am also experiencing stuttering after last patch.
Running on 2k, 165hz
I have an RX 7900 XTX
Capped my FPS, VSYNC, using FSR 2…
Not sure what else to do

1 Like

I’ve tried all the proposed solutions so far and I’m still getting big fps drops. From 144 fps to 5 fps or savage stuttering for 2 seconds and then back to normal. This occurs on all graphics settings (from low to ultra).
The game is currently unplayable for me.

PS: Thanks for all the proposed solutions :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Same for me. It’s going to have to be a fix their end

Diablo 4 suddenly loads my GPU to 100% and sets a very stable 15 fps

Same problem as everyone. Very annoying and hard to dodge stronger attacks :rofl:. FPS drop dramatically and character teleports a bit afterwards. Only happening in D4.
My GPU PWR goes up to 160W and GPU CUR TEMP 80ºC and GPU JUNC TEMP 96ºc, is this normal? Do I have a pwr/temp problem?

The original thread was a very specific issue of microfreezing and had a very specific cause.

That cause was located and addressed with a game patch late on the 1st of June.

This thread has sort of become and amalgamation of multiple unrelated issues.

There are several main threads for different types of performance or stability issues.

Some larger examples would be:

Or

It would be best at this point if you are experiencing an issue with stability/performance/crashing to check back over the last 12 hours of threads for one matching your systems and if one does not exist to create a new thread with the specific details in the title.

Additional note. If you are experiencing crashes. Like performance issues crashes can have a significant number of unrelated causes. If you are going to post in one of the larger generic crash thread it is best to describe your specific crashes in as much detail as possible. Include any specific error messages, error codes and/or crash IDs.

If your specific crashing doesn’t seem to sync with what other players are reporting you may also wish to consider more direct support by submitting a ticket though be aware, response times are over a day atm and the community forums are your best bet for a quicker community response.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem reported by dozens of players saying that after some time playing the game keeps stuttering every 5s-10s making it impossible to play. The only solution is killing the game and starting over but it doesn’t solve the problem.

Check my linked post below where I show I capture of this with a very low latency network.https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/stuttering-problem-video-evidence-with-low-ping-and-system-info-june-2023/31191

2 Likes

Incorrect.
Last patch did nothing to resolve microstutter or framepacing issues. Not even mentioned in those patch notes.

1 Like

I had random stuttering issues UNTIL I changed the background FPS (default of 8) in settings to match my foreground, not one single stutter since.

1 Like

None of the recent patches has fixed the issue, the game still stutters every 5-10 secs and the log files are full of “start polling audio devices” entries.

5 Likes

That’s a sign you’ve got something else weird running on your system. It’s something that’s stealing foreground focus away, causing the game to drop to the background 8fps limit you had. I’d close+disable ALL overlays, all mouse/keyboard apps that might have overlays, discord, steam, etc. Make sure everything extra is closed basically.

intel I7 12th gen 48gb ram and a 3070TI 8gb vram and im using the geforce experience
to optimize my game and its at 4k with high setting with DLSS set to balanced i have my FPS capped at 80 but i know it can run up to 100 as i have already done it and i have to have 120hz display for 4k but with this being said i believe the game is failing on high even machines i have major stuttering going from 80 to 25 fps in some areas yes i have checked the latency on the game and it would be a stable 87 which is normal for me so its not lag? OR IT IS? i need to know blizz please fix this i have tried everything i have put the setting all the way to low and DLSS on ultra performance and it still does this need a fix cuz this is annoying

We are posing here because no matter what we have tried and is offered in various other threads doesn’t resolve our stuttering rubber band issues. The fact of the matter is it’s a problem and needs fixing and it’s a problem across multiple spec machines.

I can create a new forum to complain about the same crap if that is what you want but what you are asking goes against forum policy :thinking:

1 Like

I am facing the same issue with my 4090 graphic card, but only in pvp zone, so I think it might related to something about server of specific area

I was getting seemingly random map lag, or general UI lag along with traversal hitching. It was very random.

I tried all the fix’s here (great thread btw) and the only thing that did solve it was lowering the textures to high, from ultra. Which is bizarre, as my 6950 XT 16GB Vram, with 32 GB of system ram is well within the recommended requirements. 12th Gen Core i7, win 11. 4k, fsr quality.

It can and does run fine with ultra textures FPS wise, just the hitching is to much, at high its butter smooth always.

2 Likes

Does anyone try to lower the version of drvier of graphical card?
I think that the support of DLSS to the game is the key.

I have been using 535.98 until 536.09 released.
However, no matter which driver I used, it crashed all the time.
I tried to lower the driver version to 531.68 and seems everything works fine for me now.

My computer spec is i9-13900K with RTX3090.
My video settings in Diablo 4 is using High and disable DLSS and Reflex.
Also, the highest foreground frame is 150 and highest background frame is 30.

The frequency of crashes are lower than before now.

Same here for me. i7 11700, 32GB RAM, Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVMe, RTX 3080Ti. Running at 4k, DLSS Quality, everything maxed. Game runs great, but hitches like every 30 seconds. Turning textures down from ultra to high fixes it completely. I thought maybe the 12GB of VRAM wasn’t enough (although it’d be pretty silly for a game of this type to require more), but it seems that’s not the issue given your card has 16 and same symptoms.

Celest

Does anyone try to lower the version of drvier of graphical card?

Yes, I tried. Not related to polling audio devices.

Having a similar issue, everything maxed with ultra textures the game runs fine for a while, then starts to stutter and drop frames. This just gets worse, normally ends with frams droping to 90ish a lot and feeling really choppy.
On high textures with everything else still maxed the game doens’t miss a beat at all.

Has there been any word from Blizzard at all about the ultra textures potentially being a problem?

2 Likes

Same here, just bought the game yesterday but refunded it because the stuttering is immersion-breaking. In my case, I had audio desync with video during cut scenes, and traversal stutter, with a little stutter in some areas. But it would often happen at crucial points of the plot.

I’ve tried several things to fix it but I couldn’t get the stutter to disappear completely. Here are my specs:

AMD 5800X
Aorus Elite AX V2 B550
RTX 3080 10GB
32 GB of RAM
NVMe drive

I hope that Blizz can identify the issue and fix it. I also hope it is not gonna be swept under the rug so that I can re-purchase the game in the future and enjoy it.

1 Like