Diablo 4 crashing

I am also crashing. randomly after playing for a bit
FAC6EB60-F5DC-4B1B-8951-8757314B733E

It is, in the Common Issues thread.

Yes well. Diablo IV retail is not responding error. It is making my hardcore adventure a nightmare for me without ever even being able to progress to nightmare. I have dumped three characters to the graveyard and the fourth was just close I was lucky it crashed without enemies around this time.

My issue was fixed. My issued turned out to be the Razer Chroma software. I was not using it but the old version of Chroma was causing D4 to crash. Once I updated Chroma, D4 started to work. I removed the Chroma program to prevent future issues. I believe the Razer software was loaded when I swapped out my mouse.

The game keeps crashing, and the lagging is terrible, worked fine in server slam.

1 Like

Yea ummm, I knew that, I was just testing youā€¦yea thatā€™s it, I knew it all along, you passed my test! :smirk:

E0EF6637-BE03-4498-AADE-B1A78829FF76
this error for me after updating my nvidia driver? help

IĀ“ve got an older gpu(980). Turning off reflex in the config file fixed my crashing.

worth a try if youĀ“ve got an older card.

Try these suggestions I posted here:

None of that works for crashing, sadly.
Iā€™ve tried all of the things you mention there and a lot more.

Well, it was worth a shot.

Just by chance, what PSU are you using (Brand, model, wattage) for your system?

No idea. Neither do I really think that matters.
My system is not one of the latest.

I understand you are only trying to help but I am not going to bother looking into my parts as the crashing issue is far too widespread to be something specific to my system.

1 Like

You misunderstand.

Its a potential. I know of at least one user that was using a PSU that wasnā€™t heavy enough and causing them to crash. They upgraded and are fine now.

So the question is important enough to ask, but its easier to blame the game, I get it.

This game is one of the most demanding on hardware that I have seen in a long time.

It makes sense that it would stress hardware to the point where even a power supply could be causing issues. Hence my post about that very subject. Its not something to be overlooked.

Anyway. Yes, the game has some issues, but ultimately the hardware could be having problems too.

I have seen the same increases on all my systems, but I have taken steps to ensure that they all can play it without issue. And so far, all of them have been fineā€¦

I get that. I just doubt it.
Sorry for sounding a bit toxic. I just lost my HC character due to the crashing.

It would be nice if Blizzard could actually say something, anything, about this.
They must have gotten thousands of crash reports by now, probably a lot more.

Oh, I totally understand that! And I donā€™t blame you at all.

They probably donā€™t know what to say at this point yet. And they would be better off to wait till they can gather more info. But I can bet they are looking into this very closely.

They need to just put out a message stating that they are aware a large number of players are experiencing crashes and they are looking into what could be the cause.

That is all that is needed.
Right now it is like they are totally unaware of it, even though I know they are.

1 Like

You mean like in this thread?:

Yes, but perhaps not buried in a random crash thread?
I had not seen that message.

This also appears to be aimed at specific UI element crashes.

Many donā€™t know its there.

They should have posted an updated one as a sticky by itself as an FYI.

Originally yes. But the thread evolved later too. Regardless that was the latest posting I have seen.