Diablo 4 community managers and twitter

This is a strange situation our community managers don’t reply on forums and only on twitter. Which is terrible, but the real big issue is that its also their own personal twitter account as well I don’t care to get to know what food or what he buys at Costco or what our community manager likes or dislikes in his personal life. This is what his twitter account says at the top.

Adam Fletcher
PezRadar
• Fitness Lover • Stay positive • Personal Account • Tweets are my own

Below here I have listed what a game community manager job description is.
Role of a Community manager
They are the mouthpiece of the community, acting as both a conduit for feedback between the players and the developers of a game, as well as deciding on the messaging of updates, patches, and general brand communications. It’s a community manager’s mission to grow a community, make it the best place it can possibly be, and ensure their voice is heard by the wider development team.

So that is what community managers are supposed to do, so why does our community manager pez radar aka Adam Fletcher ignore his main responsibility to the diablo 4 official forum?

I can understand Adam having a professional twitter account to do his job, but why is it also his own personal twitter? I don’t care to know him on a personal level and know what he’s into. I want information about diablo and i want all of our feed back to be heard.

Forcing players to have to filter though his life story to try to find information about diablo 4 updates is ineffective way of sorting information. I think this is also why the community is so upset right now because no one from blizzard answers or responds to any posts.

If you go to Adam fletchers twitter you can see he does answer some questions, but unless you have twitter and you literally follow everything he reply’s to you miss out on vital information.

This needs to change we at least need blizzard to have community managers that have work only twitter accounts to ask questions and those answers should at the bare minimum be put on some thread here so people can use it as a resource.

An even better option would be for all feed back and questions to be answered via the official forum.

End note miss me with all the troll comments about they said they were moving to twitter years ago and blah blah. If they want to use twitter to answer official feedback and questions make the twitter accounts separate from their personal ones.

169 Likes

I have unfortunately had to make a twitter account and read his tweets its painful.

20 Likes

And then he gets all indignant if you tweet at him about the game or his unprofessional work like “ThIs Is My peRsOnAl TwiTtEr” like dude you use your personal twitter exclusively to avoid having an accountable presence in the community and it’s obvious and slimey and lazy.

61 Likes

Then blizzard will pay reddit moderators to curate the sub boards so that they have an astroturfed community filled with bots and sycophants that they pay attention to instead, like that is going to help the state of the game lol. An embarrassing feedback loop.

23 Likes

This has to be a joke right? You are all pulling our legs about this. The Community Managers personal Twitter is his official response platform???

Nice April fools … dear god, please say it aint so…

6 Likes

Man I am also a reddit noob. I thought those sub reddits were moded by the company’s themselves its utter garbage.

This was a trend that started several years ago. They don’t have the professionalism or training or w/e to “manage” passionate forum posts so they just started ignoring the forums and their playerbase. It is all marketing now and zero engagement.

24 Likes

Yep. The Diablo IV game in general is managed extremely unprofessionally. Sloppy and disjoint. It’s like everyone’s doing their own thing and there’s nobody taking a lead in anything.

Of course it couldn’t be true. But that’s the impression Diablo IV gives me.

11 Likes

They might as well be because all the mods are compensated non-monetarily with things like exclusive access to blizzard reps, merch, etc. Don’t use reddit, it’s just a marketing hive. no real people.

1 Like

This isn’t a joke man.

Too me, in this context, communicating to players through Twitter is lazy. I’d rather see communication being done through blog posts, vlogs, website/launcher press releases, outlets like that. Also, I expect way more communication. I know Blizzard fans can be toxic and probably hard to have exchanges with but, the amount of official responses to peoples feedback feels really lacking.

7 Likes

Almost like the community isn’t being managed.

3 Likes

Had to delete ~15 different responses… I couldn’t formulate anything proper so this will have to do: :cry:

Honestly, I think there would be a lot less toxic people on the forum if blizzard community managers would reply to well written valid forum posts about issues. I myself have been getting more and more frustrated with the lack of communication.

15 Likes

You get out what you put in, exactly. If people saw what kind of posts do and do not get attention the community would adjust accordingly instead of the anarchy they are fine with perpetuating.

3 Likes

Well I appreciate you at least trying not to be rude. Sorry we cant find some common ground on this subject.

1 Like

I think he just means he’s sad that what you’re saying is true.

Did you read that?

Their main objective is to actually curate and provide digestible feedback and issues to the development team. Not respond to things on the forums. I imagine being more engaging in the forums could help.

But given how toxic these forums are, I wouldn’t expect any Blue names to be active here until the amount of toxic people dwindles.

Which should be soon since they’re always whining about how they’re quitting and never going to play another Blizzard product again.

1 Like

Yes this sorry Sparda. I am speechless. No ill towards you, I am just so floored right now. I have avoided social media for years on purpose. I’m an Everquest1 era player … to even think this is true is nothing short of a nightmare.

2 Likes

It is his PERSONAL Twitter, although he does talk about work, along with Costco, vacations, and anything else he thinks is interesting. He has a Personal Twitter because he wants to, like millions of other people. He does not have a professional Twitter.

I don’t like Blizzard’s policies that prevent CMs from posting anything other than Patch Notes and updates on the forums, but that policy comes down from the top.

The only official Blizzard twitter accounts are the Diablo, Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard CS etc ones.

All the other ones labeled PERSONAL, are just that, personal.

That is a recent ELON thing that either should be changed back, or will be. I thought it was already fixed.

They don’t pay them anything.

Reddit is run by the people who made the channels, not Blizzard. Blizz does not run them, moderate them, etc.

I agree with this and have said so, directly to them, for years. If they were not such rare unicorns, maybe people would not freak out when they showed up. There is no excuse for heaping abuse on people - so mods do need to keep things clean. But I just don’t agree with Blizzard’s tightly controlled limits on what CMs are allowed to do and their inability to post on the forums in a casual/chat way.

This is not on the CMs, this is policy above them and applies across games. Official responses are curated, reviewed, and “published”. That keeps the out of whatever legal risks they feel they might run into I guess? Not making promises about patches, features, etc?

13 Likes