Diablo 4 community managers and twitter

Where is our conduit for feedback? You need thick skin to be a good community manager. Something lacking at Blizzard’s culture.

1 Like

Lol. Lmao. “Okay”. You ignored where i said non-monetary compensation. probably on purpose.

2 Likes

They probably have a company policy that discourages them from posting on forums.
Notice that on each of their accounts there’s a note stating that it’s a private account.
By speaking here, they can’t add that note. So, everything they write there may be true,
but it doesn’t have to be, as those are their private accounts.

Would you respond in this toxic community?

Doubt it.

2 Likes

He should not be allowed to speak about diablo or answer community questions from his personal account. it’s incredibly unprofessional.

8 Likes

Damn my boy don’t you sleep? Doesn’t trolling take it outta ya? At least I’m not the only one with an unhealthy obsession with these forums.

It’s like getting an advanced showing of the fall of civilization. Maybe that’s the fascination.

1 Like

Yes i did read that. The forum is a community, and i also stated that if they want to use twitter to help build the diablo community at least make it a separate account from his personal life. Also the argument that they don’t reply because of toxicity is weak. Its his job to help the community and moderate so maybe if he did that it would help make the forum less toxic.

You can leave feedback on the forums, reddit, discords, websites like Maxroll that might have discussion boards, etc. The CMs are currently tasked with collecting that feedback, compiling it into reports, delivering to Devs, etc.

What you seem to want is a back and forth with someone specific on a one-on-one level in an official capacity which is not something you are likely to get with modern Blizzard.

Their communications suck, and have for a long time, but they are also not punching bags like some seem to think they should be. I feel like they went a bit far on the “hands off”, but I also sort of understand.

5 Likes

I’m sure the Diablo CMs come here and read things for feedback.

But they probably focus on posts that are maturely written with constructive criticism that is laid out coherently.

If they start replying to some posts with the way the forums are right now, you’ll see a million posts about why aren’t they responding to other posts.

2 Likes

Because they are bad at their jobs and the company is poorly run from the top to the bottom.

4 Likes

It really honestly speaks to the level of work I personally see going in at the CM level. It’s a lack of creating central updates here on the site and then linking that update through various social media platforms back to this one. It’s quite honestly just a single post through one platform (seemingly) and then thinking “Yeah, good enough”.

Good thing CM isn’t a traffic cop or a park ranger.

It seems like they are trying to blur the lines of responsibility, allowing the bosses
to disassociate themselves from any issues.

3 Likes

You’re now not allowed to talk about work on social media ever again. Got it.

I do all day I respond to you toxic boys and I don’t even get paid to. So yeah I definitely think he should because he gets paid to do it. I really am on the forum to be part of the diablo 4 community and help the game improve and give feed back.

2 Likes

If I were a community manager and the forum’s brains were melting over something completely arbitrary such as the Shako thing, I’d ignore it, too.

Someone being a community manager doesn’t mean their job is to be verbally abused by a bunch of internet strangers.

2 Likes

Tell me when I’m telling lies

When you are his boss you can make the policies about how Blizzard staff use their Personal social media. At this point, they are allowed to talk about work on their Personal accounts. It is not an official account, and Blizzard is not liable for anything they say.

Nevalistis eventually just flat out refused to even mention Diablo on her personal Twitter because people were so abusive. It sucked.

4 Likes

Don’t worry you’ll never be in a position where you need to talk to anyone about your work.

Not gonna pretend like I know, but this sure seems like one of the main problems to me. I’d assume a lot of the actual devs have a passion for gaming.

Management at the top? Uncertain. I mean, in what giant corporation does passion survive at the top? Prolly not many.

This is part of the reason I’m so into indie games lately. Trying to stay positive about D4’s future, though, and make constructive criticisms. What else can I do? They got my moolah already.

1 Like