Blighted corpse explosion visual clarity (VERY VERY BAD)

This is me on HC playing blighted corpse explosion and as you can see, there is literally no visual clarity at all. The skill makes a black cloud that covers ANYTHING in the area. You cannot see your character, skill effects, other players, enemies, ground effects (good or bad), literally anything. This really needs to be fixed.

Yes, I am alive and in this screenshot.

imgur . com/2caqT9q.jpg

118 Likes

Ya I put on the player highlight for that reason.

I do think they should move the enemy AoE effects to be placed above the corspe explosion at least. Ive griefed so many group members b\c they cant death explosions or poison fields on the ground.

10 Likes

Agree, you canā€™t see anything.

9 Likes

Do we know if Devs are looking into this:? itā€™s SO annoying!!

5 Likes

Agreed, itā€™s terrible.

3 Likes

100%. Itā€™s a complaint Iā€™ve gotten from everyone Iā€™ve been playing with and I have to agree. It makes it impossible to see anything under the animation, including enemies, projectiles, and especially telegraphs that will get you killed. I like the ability but something has to be done. At the very least, make it transparent for other players and/or keep the animations from overlapping.

6 Likes

Came here to post this very same complaint but found yours so Iā€™ll just add my +1 to this!

Honestly, I donā€™t remember it leaving a cloud of black smoke in the beta, but itā€™s been a crazy couple of months for me IRL so Iā€™m not 100% sure on it. Still, donā€™t remember anything negative about blowing up corpses left n right xD

Except for now with this cloud blocking my sight. =_-ā€˜ā€™

5 Likes

As a Barbarian i feel like im just clicking buttons in smoke unable to see when i need to dodge the bosses moves. Horrible time to have a Necro on your team!

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I got used to trying to stay out of the blob of darknessā€¦ but when mobs are after my Necro instead of my minions, then standing in the Miasma is a good place to be.

I was thinking it was on purpose. Itā€™s a ā€œDarknessā€ skill after all. But Iā€™ve played solo only, so far. I had not even considered the effect on other players.

Either way, I would love if they fixed it.

6 Likes

Agree, this needs to be fixed. I feel bad using this skill when playing with my friends

9 Likes

Completely agree. This really sucks when playing with others.

7 Likes

Came here to post this same thing and am glad Iā€™m not the only one who is annoyed by it. Blighted Corpse Explosion is so strong with my build but my friends and I are all annoyed at losing pretty much all visibility when I spam it.

I get that itā€™s a shadow damage asthetic and is meant to feel immersive, but please fix this!

9 Likes

Just hope someone from the staff see thisā€¦ Honestly, itā€™s impossible to play with a necro friend rn :frowning:

9 Likes

Please no nerf. This is the funniest visual in the entire game. Warcrimes Necromancer would lose so much of the hilarity if they removed the ability to just erase the screen every 0.2 seconds.

Also, 11/10 PVP trolling potential, I guess.

Alternative: Just buff it so Blighted Corpse Explosion ALSO makes enemies less likely to target you or your minions if youā€™re standing in your horrible swamp of doom.

2 Likes

Plus one, this needs an urgent adjustment.

6 Likes

This absolutely needs to be less of a dark void all over my screen. Canā€™t see any other effects on the ground in that area.

6 Likes

This seriously needs a hotfix.

5 Likes

I also came on here to complain but supporting this post will hopefully help.

6 Likes

Player Hightlight seems like a must. You can adjust the color to make it less obnoxious. Really a pain when those explosive monsters spit out their poison pools. Iā€™ve gotten kind of used to it but still not ideal. Imagine it would be annoying for anyone wanting to play in groups.

5 Likes

Came to post the same thing lol.

Yeah I agree. Got a bunch of shadow legendary items and tried a build and i can never see my character lol. Also cant see incoming spell attacks that potentially one shot you. A typical fight for me looks like this :

(https://imgur.com/caVpm0B)
4 Likes