"blighted corpse explosion" stacking causes visual bug

Problem: The visual effects of “blighted corpse explosion” from necromancer stack. This completely obscures the ground, enemies and friendly players. This also obscures friendly player’s vision almost entirely.

Reproduce: use corpse explosion with “blighted corpse explosion” selected on multiple corpses close together.

21 Likes

I second this. I have been having the same issue with my buddy. It makes for a bad experience overall…

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Agreed. visually, it completely impairs both your and other player’s view

I have the same problem. With enough of those I can’t see anything except complete darkness. Also, as with heavy fog, the PC starts to lag a bit.

Would be nice to have an option to disable the “heaviness” of the fog on this skill.

1 Like

This is game breaking, especially on HC

1 Like

I think it’s affecting everyone unless someone states otherwise, but yes, the opacity needs to be limited to maybe 2-3 stacks if there is desire to emphasize the intensity. Very frequently I will miss large ground effects due to 100% loss of visibility not to mention enemy cues.

1 Like

agreed. literally cannot see anything when using the skill. cannot see dropped potions, cannot see any corpses which are not directly highlighted over, cannot see enemy ability markers.

1 Like

Came here for a thread documenting this. I was wondering if people might have fiddled with their settings a bit and found a solution for the mean time as it is in fact extremely dangerous not to see the floor anymore as well as a terrible exprience for the player and everyone near them.

bumping the thread, as playing with a friend who uses this, its like my nightmare dungeon has another affix on it. the skills is basicly friendly fire.

I wouldn’t say, to change it, but at least make it more transparent for other players.
Its a risk for yourself as a necromancer, but shouldn’t grief/effect others.

what are you talking about, ABSOLUTELY change it, your necro friend cant see a darn thing EITHER. the fx on this skill need to be a FRACTION of what they are now and NEVER overlap

pretty sure they said they knew about this and would be addressed in a future patch.

5 Likes

A big +1 here! It is even worse if you are colorblind and use the colorblind specific settings. Mobs in the stacked effects disappear entirely, the only way I can see there are mobs there is to turn on the life bars on enemies and hope they are tall enough that it is visible over the “stack”!! Please Blizzard fix this ASAP!! This is a fun destroying issue!

Almost unplayable in certain situations as you can´t find the corpses you are suposed to click and explode.

I agree, some people really enjoy the build, and I play with someone who does, but it makes it impossible to see in some situations. It can obscure poison puddles or enemies that explode on death. The skill shouldn’t obscure the area so much. Perhaps reducing the opacity or altering the effect would be great. There’s no reason it needs to go so high off the ground so as to obscure the entire characters/bosses, nor a reason why it needs to get so dark.

If you have a controller, it basically has auto-aim for corpse skills so you can just hold down corpse explosion as long as you are facing the general direction of a corpse.

They said it would be implemented in the next big patch.