Any class NOT locked behind a unique?

I intend to play season one since I already purchased the battle pass. With that said, Is there ANY class that isnt locked behind a unique for 75% of their builds?

I have been grinding dungeons on my druid since 50, I am now level 91. Literally THOUSANDS of dungeons and havent found a single Tempest Roar. I have found 7 Vasilys helms. I am over it and refuse to ever play a class where a majority of the (Fun) builds are locked behind near unobtainable helmet.

Rogue the only one? I rather not play it as I dont like the TB playstyle.

1 Like

A unique? Umm, a lot of them. All classes have a build that isn’t “unique locked”. Most of the uniques are actually kind of poopy. But yeah, rogue is fun and if you don’t like the fast paced playstyle of TB, go Barrage or Pen Shot. Much slower.

1 Like

Every class except for certain druid ‘builds’.

1 Like

Melee Rogue. Ice Shards Sorc works without the armor. Druid actually has builds without Uniques, but the Uniques they get are the coolest in the game so there is too much noise. Barbarian, if you don’t use bleed. Can’t say a thing for Necro, but my friend who mains it says you don’t really need any and in fact some of them are downgrades (like the corpse explosion one).

1 Like

Necromancer and Druid are pretty gear dependent.

Play any other class and they can do fine with proper legendary affixes.

2 Likes

While Shako and Grandfather would probably be really nice on a Barbarian, they aren’t required. I don’t think any Unique is. Maybe a couple of niche builds could use a specific Unique? Like there’s that Frenzy Amulet.

sorcs dont have any unique that is needed

you can argue the chest piece raiment of the infinite, but sorcs have to actually drop this item completely when pushing nightmare dungeons and and generally hard content like uber lilith because of the net negative to defense

sorc is the most “needy” class in terms of stats, so usually unique items wont work since they have to sacrifice too much

there are many high level sorcs that play the game with zero unique items, even at level 100

Only thing I hear is Barb needs perfect EVERYTHING to come online and work. At least for WW barb. That was my first choice but playing one early game. Ooooof

Thanks for the replys all. I just refuse to ever do this grind again. Sucking the fun out of the game and I HATE Pulverize playstyle. Just want my Stormwolf :frowning:

1 Like

WW Barb 100% requires a ton of gear to come online.

Iv got a level 67 barb that is still using level 30 rings just for the fury regen when a shout is up and the shout CD. Iv got the CD reduction glyphs and if I kill enough enemies my shouts are around a 6 - 9s CD.

So Iv got them for the next pack but if I don’t kill that pack in a single rotation it feels bad since if I shout again for a small amount of mobs those CDs are going to be around 15 - 20 seconds.

Don’t get me wrong, Barbarian does require some specific gear!

But none of them are Unique items. Like the Bold Chieftan Aspect is such a game changer due to how important the Shout skills are for the class overall.

Sorry if I misunderstood the thread!

Hey.

Not sure if you’re aware but when you start a new character after finishing the campaign once, you can skip the entire campaign and jump straight into the gameplay loop you’re introduced to in WT3 the first time.

World bosses, dungeons, Tree of Whispers etc. are available from Level 1 and on. (I think world bosses start appearing on the map around level 30 - 35, but you can still run to where one’s spawning from any level.)

It makes leveling a lot faster and it’s the same loop, not nearly as long as playing through the campaign; or as tedious.

When you’re bored on your main and want to keep playing but just aren’t feeling the druid, try rolling an alt and skipping campaign, the change in playstyle on a new class might freshen things up a bit.

Barb unique armor doesn’t proc on non skill based bleeds. So it’s useless. Barbs aren’t locked behind a unique until they fix ROH.

No WT3 unique is BIS for Bone Spear necro and realistically no one is getting WT4 Uniques (personally I like Visage, but many people will disagree, so there’s that)

Im not aware of one for ranged rogue but i havent looked into it. Im avoiding build guides

I don’t think rogue is technically locked behind any uniques, either, and the playstyle of most rogue builds is a lot more input intensive than other classes. Might be a good alt to start now that you’re familiar with the game and slower style play that most builds offer.

Penitent Greaves and Deathless Visage are pretty big.

Penitent Greaves are almost almost mandatory for bone spear necro if you want to drop your generator and start using Corpse Explosion with an Umbral affinity to get resources back. (still feels crap in longer boss fights)

I don’t plan any of my builds around getting a unique. If I do get one and it fits my build, then I will fit it in.

Penitent Greaves are common pitfall for Necro, I am not sure why ppl think they are mandatory, tell me, why do you think so.

I think you can manage a bone spear build that uses corpse explosion as a generator without them, but I think for it to feel fluid the resource generation off penitent greaves chilling enemies makes you go from having down time on your core ability to having almost none on everything but boss fights.

What part of Penitent Greaves help with Essence more than ~10% reduction on normal rares (and hence downtime)?