As the World Burns - Astaroth BUG

Thanks a lot ! Solved the issue for me !!!

okay so I killed the boss 3 times. First time I killed it Donan showed up and the story progressed I get loot woo hoo a legendary…talk to the guard…You must gather your party before progressing further…But I am solo. waited bout 3 minutes tried again. Nothing changed…Logged out to the character screen and logged back in. says I must kill the boss AGAIN…Fine!!!. This time Donan didn’t show up to progress to the guard…closed the app completely and went into task manager and made sure nothing was running. rebooted the game and killed the boss again this time I am stuck in a fenced in area and nothing happens. So now I am just wandering around endlessly doing nothing really because I cannot progress and further.

Clossing fully the game and restarting solve the issue for me

I have beaten him 3 times and restarted my game each time and cannot move forward

Closed Beta was strictly endgame, so no Astaroth; Open Beta was chapter one only, so no one got a chance to fight him and thus wouldn’t have found this bug.

Team is aware and is working on a fix for an upcoming hotfix.

1 Like

it was reported 2 weeks ago during review build so yes then entire game was open

killing Astaroth at the gate on the left side of the last fighting area worked for me, first time i killed him on the right side and thats outside the minimap so it didn’t count the kill but killing him at the gate worked :+1:

1 Like

It has nothing to do with where it dies, I was grouped with my brother and we both killed it. We both got the cut scene with Donan, and it gave us both credit for killing it and advancing our campaigns. We both ported out and then logged off. When we logged back on later, his campaign showed he finished act 2 but mine said I still had to kill Astoroth. We killed it again and it died after porting all three times and died in the middle. Nothing happened after that and we were unable to port out so we were forced to log back out. The quest itself is now bugged and my act 2 campaign cannot be finished.

Confirm, same issue cant fight again. Wont restart quest. No rewards, xp whatsoever

Edit: after several game restart the quest opened up again. Thistime killed it near the west gate. And worked

1 Like

When he dies, he stumbles around the map. Try keeping him lower in the open area

is there any update on this ?

same here, bugged out 3 times wasted 30 minutes of my life

1 Like

I have just killed him 6 times in a row. In every spot i can including in the middle 2 times on each side top and bottom. It is not working no matter what i do.

same here, no credit for the kill and no reward

yep, happened here too, twice now. incredibly frustrating when the fights take 10 minutes even on t1 (i’m not using a bosskiller build)

Killed 3 times various places - no luck.

Thanks for the quick hotfix for this. Congrats on the really successful launch!

I found there are 3 acts to this battle. The Cerberus starts in the middle, jumps up the cliff and then back down to the middle. If you kill before it completes these 3 acts, then maybe that is why you aren’t completing.