Bug Report: Act II Defeated Astaroth. Quest never updated

I just completed the Act II Quest to defeat Astaroth. The boss died, but no update was given to the quest log. The quest log still tells me to defeat Astaroth, but now there’s literally nothing there. I do have a screen shot of the boss being defeated, but the quest never updating.

3 Likes

same cant even open portal and locked in

1 Like

You can teleport to another place by pressing M and clicking on any town that isn’t the town related to the quest… I relogged and it fixed it, but like. I don’t want to have to defeat bosses twice to complete a quest

just experienced the same issue

had to beat him twice…

Have this same issue, killed him after following twice, and the quest never completed, I left the area and came back, but he didn’t respawn and I cannot complete act II. Hopefully blizz fixes this, and gets us back on track soon.

Same issue for me killed 2 times then when I talked to the guard he thinks I am in a party and would not complete quest

Got this as well, couldn’t finish the quest line and had to leave game and now have to kill him again. Hoping it doesn’t get stuck again that wasn’t the most comfy fight.

Same happens for me. Killed him 2 times now and the quest wont complete.

Gonna try a complete game shutdown (and not just a “leave game”) to see if that “fixes” it.

EDIT: Nope quit game did nothing to fix this

EDITEDIT: Found a post of the US forum, that suggests killing Astaroth near the western gate in the last area.

However odd that sounds - it worked for me after 2 more kills with no quest progression.

For whatever reason it seems that you need to be “close” to Donan for the kill for the quest to progress.

Just so odd that things like this cant be avoided and even more so, frustrating that it happens during pre-launch. Stuck now I guess till they fix the fight.

Unbelievably annoying!

Having this trouble rn… beat him twice already and nothing so going to log and see if it works.

1 Like

Having the same issue right now. Killed him once and no quest progression. Logged out and back in, killed him a second time and still nothing. Couldn’t port out or leave the area. Stood next to his dead body until it disappeared and never got any quest log updates.

Still an issue as of 6/4/23

Spectacular fight, however exceptionally buggy.
Had to beat him three times to advance game.
Took the suggestion of killing him near the WESTERN gate of the final area and it works.
Also, restarted game as a precaution.
Best boss fight ever, kudos to art team. QA tech team : Do better please.

Had the issue yesterday, took 4x to kill him (sometimes he doesn’t want to go near the gate). Twice today so far helping a friend out. Shouldn’t have to trick a game to advance.