As the World Burns - Astaroth BUG

After beating him 3 times i finally was able to progress to the guard, who says i need to have my alive and present when im not in a party.

Fix pls

Hey,

So for me it took 4 kills to get it. One thing I noticed was that my minimap on the first 3 attemps did not look like Lavas minimap does. Then on the 4th fight on the last stage my map looked like this and the kill counted. The only noticeable difference between my 3 attempts and the kill one was that on the second phase I also fought him on the left side which prompted a set of burning villagers to run, on the 3 fights he just crossed over, went far right and stayed there until he made the jump to the third area. Dont know if it means anything but doesnt hurt try.
This was my map on the failed attemps, /a/kq65S2b on imgur

Same issue here. I am stuck!

Quest is bugged I can not complete it.

Where’s all those White Knighters gushing about this flawless launch??

I dunno, I just finished that quest the first time without any issue a couple hours ago. You kill him, and then leave Donan to grieve and go talk to a guard, and then that completes Act II, I believe. Then, I just went into my quests and started tracking the Act III quest.

Finally got it to work by making sure to kill him in the middle of the last (third) section. Be sure he doesn’t die anywhere near the left side gate since that needs to be able to open for the last cutscene. Also, keep him away from all other section edges as well to keep from clipping and to give enough room for the father to interact with the son’s body.

After 3 attempts, we found it was only killable once moving from world tier 2 to world tier 1.

Attempted to kill by the gate as people suggested to no luck. Killed in the middle and off the map on world tiers 2 last night to no success.

Lookin like it’s killable only in WT1. (At least, again, that what it looks like)

THIS might work, as it bugd on me to so I do what i do best and try every part of the room and got it… so kill him near the GATE-<<<<< far left of the last room, that seam to get it done for me. let me know if that helps anyone, (on T2 after changing to t1 and back to t2 so it rests the fight)

1 Like

still bugged as of 6/3 11:43 EST

Bugged here as well. Tried 3 times.

First time, I killed him and got the cutscene, but upon leaving the area to continue the quest, it told me I needed my entire party to be there. I’m playing solo?

Any subsequent kills, I’m stuck on “Defeat Astaroth”, he never counts as getting killed and I cannot progress.

We are stuck after bossfight can’t restart battle
On Xbox

Glad I paid to play a few days early and can’t progress that is just great.

1 Like

I’m facing the same issue, I killed him 4 times, no luck at all. Are any adm or dev able to make a pronouncement about this?

Same issue here, with the minimap glitch documented above (last arena partially covered.) Tier II.

Edit: changing to Tier I after someone’s suggestion above let me complete the quest, but I’m a little bit sad about losing out on the loot there.

1 Like

Jesus, no hotfix to this? Not even an acknowledgment of the issue by devs or a tips on a confirmed workaround? Come on. $70.

Looks like “closing your game and killing him in the middle” is just another dumb rng thing too. I literally have a screenshot of this dumb boss in the middle with no end result. So good luck.

I had the same issue, killed him twice,

Made a Party with a Dude on level 50, he already had the quest done, worked for me.

GL

Can confirm, killed him on the edge of map, quest didnt count.

Second try I kited him to the middle and finished him there, quest progressed.

Same here. Can’t progress. Plz fix.