Wizard Firebirds Set / Mirror Images freezing game

Every time I use Mirror Images, the game just freezes for a brief second.
Using the Duplicates rune.
Tried turning off/lowering every graphical option, and even the sound, does not help.
Nvidia driver up to date.

Windows 10, rtx2070 super

Did not have this issue before the 2.7.0 patch.
Sadly this makes the new firebird wizard set unplayable for me.

16 Likes

I have the same issue as well, also a 2070.
All other characters and abilities have no graphical problems.

EDIT: I checked Nvidia and downloaded new drivers that were released today; it didnā€™t make a differenceā€¦

1 Like

I have a ryzen 3700x and a 2080 super and Iā€™m having the exact same issues, i use mirror images with the new set and start using explosive blast with disintegrate and my frame rates drop from 144 to like 30 and i get massive freezes and stutters, i set my screen to fullscreen and even turned off my other monitor and even tried v-sync and nothing is workingā€¦ And I also turned off all area damage even from paragon

1 Like

same issue with gforce 1080/win 10. lagging so bad itā€™s unplayable. this only showed up after todayā€™s patch. the combination of explosive blast, mirror images, and disentegrate lowers fps from 100 to freezes and stutters 5-10 FPS: more density, the worst it gets. new or old drivers, itā€™s the same thing. lags hard.

edit. friend is experiencing the exact same thing so itā€™s not just me. i am currently re-installing it to see what happens.
edit2. didnā€™t help at all. :frowning:

Exact Same issue, only happens with the Wiz and above skills as mentioned.
RTX3090 , Intel 10900k , Windows 10

2 Likes

count me as one of the lucky ones to experience this ā€œbugā€ i suppose. mine mainly hitches/stutters when iā€™m summoning the mirror images. some maps are worse than others. more density, more lag. i go from over 100fps to the 10ā€™s and 20ā€™s (according to shadowplay).

running a msi 3070 gaming trio x, 3900x, windows 10, 32gb of ram @3200mhz, and itā€™s loaded on an nvme drive.

1 Like

i have the same issue (was playing on TW)

the game stutters(freeze frames) when im dealing damage on firebird, especially when popping mirror images and theyā€™re using spectral blade. the game runs smoothly when im not dealing damage, or just teleporting around.

whatā€™s even weirder is, it runs smoothly when im playing my god dh, like it supposed to. i have a gtx 1070 and a i7 4790k@4.1Ghz. my spec is massively overkill for the game. i dont have heavy programs running except browser, the cpu usage never pass 50%.

also i turned everything down except texture, big cursor and texture quality.

one sample of it youtu[dot]be/sRoHRh_tRD0 at 0:20 i stopped dpsing and proceed to the next level, the game runs a lot smoother, until i start dealing damage again. this is a mild case, it can be a lot worse in GR

another clip i ran thru the GR youtu[dot]be/EINTqe8GBEA this one is way worse, it was quite literally making me uncomfortable.

i tried 32-bit client, same deal.

=======
i suspect this is an nvidia issue, i wonder if amd cards have the same problem. my driver is 461.72

HEY GUYS, TURN OFF SOUND EFFECTS! (Ctrl+S)

turning off the sound drastically minimise the stuttering for me, itā€™s mostly playable. while itā€™s not perfect, diablo without sound is just wrong, also still some micro stuttering here. itā€™s not the first time tho, back to the ā€œinfinite frost novaā€ days the sound engine have caused havoc.

2 Likes

turning off sound worked. kinda. it does seem to help, but now im dealing with more actual lag. but only on my wizard. the latency goes up into the 200ā€™s or higher. i went on my DH, no lag. hope they see this and address it before the season starts.

turning off sound helped big time, still laggy but actually playable. but, it really sucks not having any sound. i hope they fix this before season starts.

now knowing that the sound engine is the culprit, i think there should be some quick and dirty work around that temporary mitigate the problem before the season starts. like disable sounds effect from spectral blade, or mute all sounds from mirror images entirely.

speaking of which, despite disabling sound works, i have a new problem now: when dealing damage to a large pack of targets, sometimes the game freezes not not responding, it could ruining an otherwise successful high level run, i hope it can be addressed too.

=======
EDIT: if you have your sound channel/source set to 128, turning it down to 16. and raise them accordingly. 32 works for me atm, it provides enough auditory feedback than 16 but still no stuttering so far.

9 Likes

Thank you, this worked for me, and made it playable.

Thanks!

Itā€™s now playable but still a bit laggy.

I have all the same issues mentioned. I tried everything possible graphically and then found this.

Hope a fix is applied soon because something screwy is still happening but at least itā€™s playable.

Same issue with 1sec freezing when MI is applied.

this works but, is blizzard going to fix this or just ignore it since there is a ā€˜solutionā€™? i hope not.

3 Likes

Yeah, setting the sound channel to 16 helped, but itā€™s still not very smooth. I hope Blizz fixes it.

2 Likes

it seems to be fixed as of 2pm EST. thinking the maintenance fixed it. i did set the sound channel to 16 as a precaution anyway. of course, i say this, and iā€™m sure the issue will crop back upā€¦

Iā€™m still having an issue since maintenance and none of the sound suggestions helped. Issue started yesterday and repairing and reinstalling game didnā€™t help either

Itā€™s possible that works, but in my experience, disabling sounds, changing settings with or without it didnā€™t work. I had to use a workaround that was posted somewhere on the forums here. Googled the issue and found a fix.

Just popped in to report the same issue. Itā€™s a little better after maintenance but still borderline unplayable.