Huge Lag related to Mirror Image

I have 1 gig internet speed and a top-tier computer so it’s definitely not anything on my end. Every once in a while I experience a bug when I cast Mirror Image or I am in range of other people that cast Mirror Image (which is most people as everyone is playing the newly updated set) where diablo 3 freezes for 5-6 seconds and then bounces back. This can often happen 6-7x a run and continuously kills off my character. I have seen on other threads where the developers have said this is related to a sound and so I turned down my sound to the lowest setting but still experiencing the same issues. This bug has made the game basically unplayable in its current state as it is infuriating to die over and over again to the game freezing and I am unable to play with other people. Is there an ETA when this bug will be fixed or should I just come back next season?

From the pinned How to Write a Good Bug Report at the top of the forum…

Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are posted. If you have a duplicate thread, we will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed.