We won, my brothers and sisters!

We won the war, like I assumed originally:

They will go for “authentic” release and then build upon it, explains why no ladder at release.

Turns out majority of players and Blizzard have sense in them, and they all agree that PD2 is a success. Sorry not sorry purists I mean did you really think Blizzard is making it for you guys? :joy:
But hey, go play Diablo II 2000 and we will be playing Diablo II Resurrected and YES DIABLO III AND IV TOO IF THIS TURNS OUT GOOD! :rofl:

We won, my brothers and sisters!!!
See you in Sanctuary once they reveal “Future Plans”!

1 Like

So, in a nutshell: you beated the strawman that was build around “purist war”
Yeah, it’s good to have more QoL improvements to remove some annoyances.
Would also love to see some unused skills being buffed so they can actually be somewhat usefull in late game.
But I’m still afraid that in some point people start asking things like Haedrig’s gifts. Especially after Ploot is implemented (assuming that quantity of loot is not increased) people will most likely start whining about constant bad loot in multiplayer games.

Oh well, still gonna play D2R no matter what

I’m confused. He’s basically just acknowledge they wouldn’t be implementing changes for any of the feedback before launch, along with making zero commitment to do any of it after launch…

And some how you consider this a win?

3 Likes

Oh I get it, you’re happy they aren’t changing anything for the “purists”. I think lobby and communication on console is the biggest one. It’s going to be a zero community, single player game upon release, dead on arrival. They messed up big time. If you think not getting that fixed is a good thing, youre a bit of an idiot.

2 Likes

Well, I for one am glad D2R will be a great game because yes Blizzard did hear us!

Refund now purists and stay in 2000, don’t say we didn’t warn ya!

I am so excited for “Future Plans”, PLEASE Blizzard I am THIS CLOSE to re-pre-ordering!

Hmm my wife never wanted to believe me as i said animals can have more brain than human .

3 Likes

That’s because she loves you and still sees you as a human.

WE WON!!! Stay mad… Imagine thinking Blizzard would invest for like 2000 “purists”. :rofl:

1 Like

lol :smiley:
20 characters…

1 Like

Interested to see how this post ages :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

The developers didn’t commit to anything beyond making the current game more stable.

Not sure where anyone is getting this “we won” stuff from.

2 Likes

1: We already got some changes.
2:

NO NEW FEATURES TILL AFTER LAUNCH.
3:

AWESOME FEEDBACK, GOOD IDEAS, ETC.

BONUS 1:
Co-creator of Diablo 2, David Brevik:

(He reiterated multiple times, on streams too!)
BONUS 2:
Co-creator of Diablo 2, Max Schaefer made further games of which Torchlight II is worthy of mentioning. Guess what? Has personal loot and changes we are asking for.

Food for thought, let’s see how long it takes purists to digest. And yes, I am excited to see how this topic will age too!

1 Like

Just a FYI , You seem to be under some sort of impression that QoL changes are major and or drastic changes to the core game that is D2. Honestly, I love the classic and played it exclusively for 15+ years and I have no issues with QoL Updates. Minor tweaks to making the game better and more playable is VASTLY DIFFERENT than the total changes to the game that some people want.
Also just a FYI if you think that 8k people is a lot concerning people that have played the original you are delusional to say the least. Nothing on the survey results shown are anything beyond QoL additions except for potentially more "End Game " content which I can say most are not against if done right .The problems begin with wanting to basically change the core fundamental’s of D2.

My two cents take it how you like but TBH 8K responses is nothing That is a tiny fraction of the people that actually spent any amount of actual time playing D2

3 Likes

But… Purists are fighting against this very list?!
Also, not listed by the very next one with high percentage is personal loot.
Also, the point is not the survey, but Rod acknowledging it.
Also, “purists” are even less than 8k, so…

1 Like

Not sure who you are talking about but players have been asking for things like stackable runes, and gems for years. Again there is NOTHING on that list that changes the core fundamental’s of the game which your so called "Purists " want to keep intact .

You are using the term in a really broad sense of the word. I think you would be really hard pressed to find just about anyone myself included that literally spent years playing this game that are against minor QoL changes that actually improve game play and again NOT change core fundamental’s which the VV team had and has said repeatedly from day one they want to keep intact .

2 Likes

You maybe have not spent enough time on the forums but what I mean by purists is exactly what I wrote because they are against stackables, charm inventory, consensual PvP, personal loot and even more storage.
They were also against ladder content in nonladder, fixing abusable bugs and I am sure some even has a say on removing cow king locking cows level.

In fact some of them were saying “just google it” in response to more information like on the list, forgetting altogether console players.

You’re not purist you are like me so heads up you will be called D3 Kid and “go play D3”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You truly won nothing. The game will launch with FFA, no roll system, hostile mechanics remain as is. The best part, once it launches good luck combatting those features.

Typical to proclaim victory before its even happened. You heard it here first: Hold the L because those features will never hit live.

And telling people to go play D3 is a valid response. You are asking for things you ALREADY HAVE in a modern trilogy. Go where the things you want exist, because they don’t exist here.

4 Likes

dude is just trolling. he has too be. that or I simply have too much faith that the human race cannot produce a specimen that idiotic.

1 Like

Dear Lord you actually want this crap added to a perfect ARPG. This is ridiculous can you please keep these crazy ideas for Diablo 4. These are bad ideas for pvp and shared loot is for newbs.

2 Likes

You seem mean, i wonder whats your trauma

Well Temperfied, I present to you my response to you on other topic:

There.

Indeed!

Me and the vast majority that support Blizzard. Stick to 2000 please.

Awwww how cute, little kid watch some DC animations or something.