Where are those Dev posts CM’s said we would get?

d2 is a glorious masterpiece and all the broken things you’re talking about helped make it so.

3 Likes

Well, that’s really setting the bar low. :joy:

2 Likes

I hope however that the new changes will be made in a dedicated realm.

This way, we could preserve the original game, with its limitations that have some appeal to some players and have a some new additions that could be nice.

I’d like to be able to play “D2R like D2 LOD (1.09 please :)” and D2R like D2 LOD 1.15, 1.20 etc…;

1 Like

Because Blizzard is absolutely atrocious at communication and player outreach!

Is it though? Things like brevik saying he woulda done personal loot if he could have etc is like saying what if the pitcher threw a slider instead of a change up, you don’t know how it would have turned out, it could have been worse than what it was

A modern skill bar, like the controller has, is very much so requested.

I’m shocked they haven’t said anything on this because it’s going to make a ton of new players quit. D2R plays horribly without this modern mechanic and will no doubt throw people off.

I’m an old Diablo player since Diablo 1 and was hoping this would have been fixed with the remaster. I don’t think the game will hold my attention long with this glaring oversight, to be honest. Which is a shame.

it’s fine. all it matters is that you’ve bought it.

First week september they will speak

They cant make all players happy,someone want something and other dont like it is a spiral of tourments lol

Yeah agree im 39 and i ve playing all diablo franchise since d1 on ps1 then d2 on pc after d3 on console but i dont mind for make change i like new content

To be honest, I did not think about it and think the game is very playable without. It’s a 2-button game. Was.
But since they introduced it on consoles (I really think that they introcuded a lot of complicated things when they introduce console - I mean it’s great to have D2 on console…but FFA loot system on controler is a problem, skillbar clearly is one…) it’s complicated now to not propose it on pc.
Overall, they could have designed it on controler/console like the mouse on PC; with a up/down couple of key, you navigate through the different binded skills and then you always use the same button to trigger the spell.
It’s how it works with the mousewheel (selection of the skill assigned to right click) and the rightclick (trigger of the assigned spell).

But what surprises me is the feedback on controler. So many “PC” guys say it’s great…even MrLlama said he was surprised by it. I’ll have to try, since I have a Xbox wireless controler.

You’re toxic. You bash a entire chunk of gamers with a derogatory title just because they don’t agree with your point of view. There is many people who still play d2 till this day an you have no right to tell them what they are allowed to like an dislike. If they want the same game with upgraded graphics then so be it, that’s what a remaster is anyway.

2 Likes

Remaster does not mean exactly the same game just not a total remake. Look at RE remasters they kept the essence of the game but improved it and changed it. Even added new mechanics,. What you guys want is called a “reskin”. And dumb is only a derogatory term if it is not true.
Also curious that the same “purists” the ones complaining about more stash/character space.

1 Like

Just relax and trust them, VV and the Dev-Team are doing it right so far.

I think they have very understood the spirit of the game. And I am also sure, that they are open for changes, without loosing this d2-spirit.

Just put dev-team + MrLlamaSC + dbrunski125 + SenpaiSomething + BTNeandertha1 in one meeting-room for a week and let them discuss about further improvements and I am sure there will be a very good result, which keeps the spirit of the game.

Regards

2 Likes

If they had understood and took those streamers in one Room to discuss they never ever would Konsole version release like actuel progress

It’s not that they don’t “agree with his views”. It’s they are against change because “change bad”. That by itself is the epitome of being dumb, so yes they are dumb and extremely stupid if I may so. Humanity and civilizations would NEVER evolve if they had a say.

Calling ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING a “masterpiece” that should not be bettered is just… Well, help me out find a word for it.

I think they should stick to Diablo II (2000) and stay there because quite honestly, many of them are also extremely toxic and very unpleasant to be around.
I mean they are even against Consensual PvP because they want to grief and “ezpk” people with their mods, against personal loot because anti social and want to pickit, etc.

So yes, stay in Diablo II (2000) because this game already had changes and will have more, check my posts here:

And I think they can easliy solve every players liking.
the purists, and players who are open for new things.

Just add a "3rd game-mode!

Every ladder-reset I can choose.

• classic ladder
  • LOD-ladder
  • modern ladder

In modern you can add new content/changes.
The other game-modes stay to the original.
So if they will do “modern game mode” in a totally worse way. We have still the possibility to play LOD.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a ladder, but a completely separate realm, like SC and HC. Otherwise yes, this is the optimal solution for literally everyone involved.

And don’t forget to remove all existing QoLs and shared stash for the purists.
Let’s keep their “masterpiece” pure, “remaster” means re-skin!

Sounds good to me. I would give up every current QoL addition against anything you guys recommended. Id rather have the exact mess we have with better graphics than the exact mess you NEED to succeed.

I’d rather have to buy two copies to mule than deal with all of this garbage QoL you all have in Diablo 3 but want in Diablo 2. There’s a reason Diablo 2 is known as the best Hack and Slash ARPG of all time. It has ZERO to do with D3 because most of us are still disappointed in what we received. It was almost a slap in the face. #JayWilsonIsTrash