We dont need charm inventory, we need bigger cube

Aren’t you the one that accused me of having multiple accounts? how is that not vindictive?

2 Likes

There is always a why, you said you want inventory management, and

so why is inventory management is so important in your eyes, what reason does it have to ruin the game if in your opinion you loved classic and there were almost absolutely no inventory management as you just stated?

Consider this. D3 didn’t really have inventory management because all gear had the same weight in your inventory where in d2 gear has different space weights. So yes, geezer is right that management is a big gameplay feature. Just to the degree of how charms were meant to be implemented vs how the player base gets around it is where we disagree on importance where charms are concerned.

It is actually funny on brevik. In a recent ama he was asked about charm inventory. His first response we didn’t think of it then followed by his usual inventory space miser response.

Never said it would ruin the game, I said it would make it duller, with less decision making.
I will still play if they introduce a charm inventory, I just don’t necessarily like the idea.

2 Likes

You can say having the refresh button on gambles makes the game duller or auto gold pickup as well or even shared stash, less inventory management now, right?

Shared stash is the only example you gave that even remotely touches on the subject of inventory management, and even that is a massive stretch. We have a stash, that is not inventory management, that is stash management. Inventory management is what you do while killing monsters/picking up loot.

2 Likes

item management, inventory management, stash management, what I was touching upon was the fact that you said it makes the game duller, it does not add depth to the experience going back to town repeatedly for something so minor

so yeah, it’s the same thing as having all these other Quality of life change, which is our exact point

1 Like

Those ones don’t change balance, Charm inv absolutely does.

2 Likes

Not needing to leave a game to change character is way more serious then going back to town to put 1 item in the stash, if you consider this a “balance change” shared stash is way worse

in any case, it does not affect the balance and is indeed a quality of life change much like the shared stash

But i dont think these decisions are really made anyway. I think current state actualy limit your decisions becsuse most people fill inv with charms completely. There is no way I left some space out in inv while playing on hc. I want bigger cube to make my life easy as it sucks big time to keep visí z town every few minutes, i dont want to waste time like that. Will it make game easier? Only very slightly with practicaly zero effect on difficulty of gameplay. I prefer bigger cube over charm inv as free space in inv has different implication than cube space as items from inv can be used directly. But i would not mind charm inv either.

1 Like

The “entire dynamic” is incorrect. For single player, FFA loot or instanced loot would be exactly the same. For multiplayer, you can make an argument that the dynamic is changed, but many would say that instanced loot change would be for the better to promote co-op play in public multiplayer games.

I would prefer to play solo with instanced loot.

That’s quite an old post compared to what we have already been discussing if you scroll a bit to the bottom, but yes, as things are right now if I am playing online and I’m doing an MF run I would play solo for that reason, I know the benefits of instanced loot, but I think we can all agree that the value of everything from items to runes would likely fluctuate, thus it will require extensive testing before implementation

Since total drops do not change, it would require very little additional testing. Blizzard could simply use the pre-existing FFA loot calculation that determines drops/drop identity and then assign each drop randomly to the players near the monster kill. Players near the monster kill are already considered since it is incorporated in the no drop/drop calculation.

1 Like

Please explain how total drops do not change.

I think he speak of total of items drop in game generaly speaking. Like 103 items drops in both ffa and personal loot in a game.

But number of total drops for individual players would definitely change as you would see only 1/8 from 103 items.

Which is badicly horrible :slight_smile: as it is rerstricting you what you can pick.

While I´m against any changes that affect gameplay, this suggestion regarding inventory /charm space is actually the best one I have heared yet :wink:

1 Like

Literally 99% of the arguments in favor of instanced loot come down to “I would like to be able to play with total strangers without needing to break my wrist spam-clicking to compete for loot, so that I can focus on playing the game itself instead of playing Cookie Clicker to get loot before everyone else.”

Total drops would be the same, but items are randomly distributed out. Each player would have a 1/8 chance of getting items. Out of the 10 uniques I might get lucky on this run, and get 3 of them. Say we do another run, and 10 uniques drop. This time say I get 2 of them. One player gets 5. One player gets 2. One player gets 1. 4 players don’t get any. Just random chance based on number of players in game, and if the players are all near the bosses/monsters. The only thing bad about personal loot in party games is looking for certain items. Say I’m looking for a 4 socket Crystal Sword. You would have to ask/tell the other players to look out for a certain item that you’re looking for if you stay in group killing the same bosses/monsters. If you go off killing bosses/monsters on your own you would be the only one getting the loot anyways. Also, solo runs you would be able to farm for that 4 socket Crystal Sword better. There could be an upside to personal loot in that when you join pub games, and you state what items you’re looking for you can create more socialization in game, and possibly more friendships if you’re able to share the loot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks like a distinction without a difference. What you’re proposing is essentially the same thing in terms of space and function.