TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

@Everyone & Blizzard

A sincere thank you to the vast majority of you for keeping this conversation going and contributing to it.

no worries;
dismantling internet corruption (and ending any privacy or free speech) will be very easy.

as soon as big tech wins all court cases with their definition of unwanted content on their platform…and the replacement of all physical valuta by cryptocurrency, also the 5G-technology on earth and in space, the world will be unrecognisable for many humans.

enjoy your future, made by others. :alien::male_detective::eyes:

1 Like

That’s where the game’s flaws glare through. Without such addon, you simply gimp yourself when you want to push because it’s not entirely possible to maintain to be accurate long enough as humanly as possible to bear the challenge.

They set this game into an MMO mindset for choosing the laziest way possible. I doubt if developers have any ground to recover from that, nor is it any right to take it away. If not for a third party overlay, there will still be hardware based button macros for bazooka wizard which require some skill to play with.
That’s what Travis Day made this game into, a petty circulation of time sink with chaotic mechanics and fast paced gameplay for the sake of making it a button smasher.

I suggest D4 developers to ask him if he gonna add a paragon level system to his own game, Dauntless via email to “save” his game. Thank you.

Their are underlying issues with this game and what they are trying to accomplish.

Converting D3 to D4 with true esport mentality or esport potential really requires a rethinking on how the RNG defines the game. You can’t expect to have a true competitive space with people running grifts that are so RNG dependent.

This makes the whole concept of leaderboards rather a sham competitive environment.

As someone mentioned above, the challenge rifts would be probably the best scenario where we remove that RNG to create a true equal footing for all competitors.

The thud / botting / macroing becomes such a minor issue once you remove the sham competitive nature of the game.

If leaderboards didn’t exist, what would happen?

If Sims and other Games can make it so that no Hacked or Custom Attire can transfer from Offline to Online, I do not see why Blizzard Can’t

The hacking on Consoles is because people are still playing multiplayer.

Diablo 1 & 2 Are great offline games, yes D2 has a lot of issues with bots on multiplayer but I never played the multiplayer

I really hate online games, I think people who don’t have an internet connection should be able to play these games as well

Plus it would help them put more effort into D4

D3 on consoles have hacked items on online play because offline and online play is not separated at all. D2 online play is completely separated from offline which doesn’t allow hacked items to carry over but it has dupe exploits due to buffer tempering.
That’s unavoidable unless you have a bright idea to patch this sorta wide known glitch without affecting load times or cluttering it with item-id checks.

Why this darned discussion still going even off the rails?

That means they have to come up with a legit endgame without broken forward progression and allow player to backtrack for flow to be sustainable. In which, it contradicts with entire fanbase crying over and begged developers to make D3 an only forward progression simulator that threw sustainability outta window for casual approach. Best thing that reddit echo chambers do.

This whole thing is the responsible for D3 to lose so many interest over the matter of days after season start. They must get that it’s not the way things work anymore. They have the WoW classic numbers and modern WoW player numbers, they should be able to do the math.

This is just empty words again. Every “BANWAVE” you see maybe the people that bot that are silly enough to push the TOP10 leaderboards get banned cause its bloody obvious there botting. This has been the history every BANWAVE.
Id rather see a patch that prevent RoSBoT or TH from actually working rather then diminishing the already small playerbase.

1 Like

RNG itself is not a problem for certain types of competitions as long as the time played can negate the variance.

For example, in poker it can happen even to the best player in the world to have a bad run lasting over many months, but overall the best player will always have gained the most money after certain amount of hands are played.

In aRPG games we could have both RNG-dependend and RNG-independent competitions. The possibilities are many:

They have to decide whether they want D4 to be a competitive game or game for kids. If they want to build a competitive game, trading and sharing items through clan stash have to go away (or be severely restricted compared to their functioning in the moment).

I hope the Diablo 4 team realizes how important is the pure competition, not spoiled by botting/cheating, for their game and they build Diablo 4 with the mindset to deliver all types of competition modes.

This thread would have 200 views, not 20k. It’s pretty clear that the D3 player base wants an even playing field allowing the proper measurement of skill. I wrote many times in the past how this could be achieved.

We need accessible and meaningful competition in both D3 and D4. Just as HS allows one to put 20-30 hours per month and aim for top ranks, Diablo has to allow for the same in at least one of its competitive modes.

I think all the game manufacturers worldwide know that there is a mix of people who like online games and those that do not.
The issue with most offline games being that the entire structure is self-contained, thereby making it available for memory hacking, module hex-hacking, trainers and much more.
I like both offline and online games, but with no preference to anyone, an online game where the main data is contained on the server, is far more secure and only hackable via macros and scripts, not the code itself.

I submitted proof that dizaster was using thud on his stream.

he had later “moved on from diablo”

I agree, do this AND clear the nonsense cheaters off the boards, and finally we can enjoy clean competition once again.

TLDR

Infinite Exp is a bad idea regardless.

1 Like

Highly disagree. You have to weigh main stat against other stats such as:

• Att spd
  • Cool down
  • Resource cost reduction
  • Area damage

Mainstat weight particularly on glove and shoulder, to some extend weapons is not as high when trading off even on paragon 1500-2000 players. For example my season crusader net gained 7% dmg from trading a main stat with resource cost on shoulders (quad shoulder) because it allows me to drop an ancient pig sticker with rcr for a primal pig sticket without rcr.

Mainstat is the biggest multiplier, whether its bis for particular item is circumstantial. Paragon has high influence on these weightings but not as crucial as commonly thinks.

If you remove the only purpose to this game ‘the endless paragon grind’ botters will stop (*this is true because no one will have a reason to play the game at all)

Every season you got low tier players coming in here weighing their opinions about the current top builds being too powerful. (ex: Star Pact)
because if a macro/hack executes a skill perfectly it out classes all the legit players

These ideals are pushed out of ignorance…
You NEVER punish the legitimate player base over something cheaters abuse and were not talking about glitches like marked for death+frailty or in classic /w sever but intended game mechanics.

Everyone thinks by eliminating Botters everything in the Game will run like a smooth sailing machine for those who consistently grind for the top spot on the leader-boards.

What about the Multi-Boxers (the ones who play 4 accounts at once or more all at once) and usually play their characters in groups

4x the work in 1/4 the time

have fun tracking them as they will run the leader-boards
bot or no bot

Botters & MultiBoxers are both cheaters
THUD just needs to remove the map hack portion to give a more fair competition
THUD & Botters can be dealt with
MultiBoxers are harder to track

It doesn’t really work that way - if you are multiboxing now you are just handicapping yourself.

D4 might be a different story. For D3, there is a breakpoint where you need to play in teams to really compete.

It is always better to play in teams than it is to multibox.

Since bounty mats and bounty legs are account bound / so are blood shards / and so are kadala legs…the ability to use multiboxing is limited to really sharing mats (white / blue / yellows) and found legs in grifts and rifts.

The exp differential with doing a team and in a meta probably 20 grifts higher makes it much better to be in a team.

The time it takes to micro out all the gear and shift stuff around is makes the time differential more like 1/2, but since in a team you are so many grifts higher and potentially faster, you will end up making more exp / shards / leg drops with them.

If you are purely multiboxing without inventory macros, etc, you are really hurting yourself in D3.

1 Like

I suggested reducing the influence of the paragon stat

This is still a punishment to legit players, and no the main stat does not add incredible amounts of damage like you believe some reason O_o;
You would knock down my 4200 Paragon by 15000 stat points… yikes; Also, This wouldn’t stop botters whatsoever.

What about the Multi-Boxers

Unless a blue has posted recently on this Multiboxing itself has never been against the rules; As long as there are no automated follow systems or macros managing the skills it’s not breaking ToS.

It is useless to bother with anyway; The multitude of varying speeds among the characters skills, outside of gr kill combos, and such cause you to lose track too often.

My only question is this: If the same person legitimately purchased four copies of Diablo, and decides to play all four versions at once, does that qualify them as a ‘Multi-Boxer?’

Based on their EULA they seem to be allowed to do this. Seems like a lot of hard work manually playing four at once, but whatever spins their dial I suppose. If you mean they use a bot with it, then yes I agree that’s more like mass-cheating.

To multibox you need 4 accounts and because this game isn’t free, they need to purchase 4 copies of it.

The only advantage is they can bot 4 of the same class simultaneously so they have a better shot at those class specific Primals.

That’s if they do bot. If all they do is multibox… Yea, you wouldn’t even do it tbh. You can just join any public game and have 4 players, you wouldn’t park 3 mules in a rift for exp while you run it on 1 guy.

1 Like

So if I gathered what you are saying, is the four accounts is not the determinator, botting on all four accounts is. That makes sense. Yup, mass-cheating.