TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

Never mind.
Whoosh!  

There is no bug with this. Go do some more bounties it will drop. For new plans it does not work like it is stated in 2.3 patch notes. Understand?

But it should.

There has never been any statement(s) in any subsequent Patch Notes that have said it has changed. So, until otherwise noted: “Horadric Caches now contain two guaranteed Legendary or Set recipes (if available at your level range)”.

Do YOU understand?!  

2 Likes

It is a bug since they should work as stated in patch 2.3 notes. Just because the plans were changed in a later patch is completely irrelevant. The plans, all of them, should be guaranteed drops.

3 Likes

I never said how it SHOULD or SHOULD not work. I just told you HOW IT DOES WORK.

In the past we had so many undocumented changes. I am sure this is not bug. It is intended to work like this most probably. If I remember there was a blue post about this when 2.6.6 was released.

No, but you did state that:

My point is: If it’s not working as intended, it’s bugged!

And the last thing we were told is: “Horadric Caches now contain two guaranteed Legendary or Set recipes (if available at your level range)”.

So, it’s not working as intended.

Done!  

Can you pick out the operative word in that statement? — “probably”. In other words: In your opinion. You’re entitled to that, but it does not make it a fact.

Show us!

That’s all I meant when I first stated:

So, give us a link where it says New Plans are no longer a guaranteed drop.

3 Likes

“Recipes are not guaranteed to drop even if you don’t have them all.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/cv13g0/aughilds_authority_plans/

Not going to waste time on you anymore. You can find a post if you really need it. But I guess you only want to waste my time here.

How about this blue post?

That is what my post wanted to address :triumph:
Infinite loop.

3 Likes

Back to topic.

So lets see how 4 man meta party is working and how much THUD helps with that.

Wizard shots “big boom” every 32 seconds. Before shooting he is running out of the pack to be able to do more damage from distance.

Party needs to give buffs to Wizard at right time and not waste cooldowns. If they see Wizards COE rotation on screen there is lower chance to fail.

Barb needs to ground stomp, pixel pull trash monsters around elite at specific time, bit before Wizards shot. If he does not see where elite is… he is most probably going to fail. If monk does not see where Wizard is standing there is a big chance or vise versa there is a big chance Wizard is going to die.

If Wizard does not see where elite is located he can easily miss the shot.

One failed shot, or semi miss is costing whole party a lot for time.

There are million plugings for Thud. Only God know what kind of advantage they provide.

On the first day after release of the patch 2,6,7, the HUD did not work. But this did not stop the players from closing the 150-gr in less than 6 minutes. I want to say that it’s not a HUD that closes the GR, but the high skill of the players.

Good players always showed good results and will continue to do so with TH or without it. And crying babies always cried and will continue to cry.

5 Likes

Simple advice for Blizzards.
The only way to deal with TH is to allow it use in the current form for all players.
Thereby leveling the benefits between players

2 Likes

The only thing thing Blizzard should take care of banning is BOTTERS!!! Bots run bounty after bounty after bounty. 24 hours into the season and the leader board is crammed with people having multiple primals. Yeah - some people run in shifts so their characters are on 24/7. IMO that’s cheating too and easy enough to detect (no human can run 24/7). I never used THUD but from what I’ve heard it has some cool features Blizzard should add.

Making post about TurboHuD and botting on the forum like this ONLY brings additional attention to those Third Party programs that a lot of players don’t use or don’t know about. Blizzard is well aware of the problem!! This is only going to make things worse as now people go google THUD and Bots and start using them as they are untraceable at this time [as you’ve brought this to everyone’s attention]. Seriouslly why do people go out of their way to make these things EVEN MORE KNOWN!!!.. :roll_eyes:

Well that’s obviously a really old patch. The new recipes are somewhat rare. It took me about 5-6 rounds of bounties or even more than that to get Borne’s plans this season. Even after all other plans stopped dropping. It’s just RNG to get the new plans to drop. So just do more bounties.

This is precisely the goal!
Make enough noise, get the cheaters banned.
The more bans, the better and more fair competition.

Of course, I know this.
This is what I (we) told the bug reporters to do since (and before) patch 2.3.0.

Doesn’t make it not a bug :point_left: this is what I want to emphasise.

Before 2.3.0, bounty cache already dropping recipes. The purpose of 2.3.0 is to fix the issue, obviously. But it couldn’t. Or the bug returned somehow. Anyway, it is still bugged.

2 Likes

Love to see these issues addressed! As a small streamer that gets asked daily what is and isn’t within the rules, I have just one request. When said very near future is the present, please be extremely specific about what is and is not within the rules.

For example, this post, you said “but to answer your question, TurboHud is seen as a program that should not be used in the game in its current state.” What does this mean? Seen by who? Blizzard? You personally? The community? What does, “in its current state” mean? The state of the game or TurboHud? Are there other states of either or, past or future, where use of TurboHud would be seen as acceptable by the aforementioned entity that currently sees its use as unacceptable?

I don’t say any of this to be a nitpicky jerk, and I have serious respect for the direction you guys have been taking D3 in. Game has been fire lately. I just don’t want a situation 6 months down the line where I’m telling chat, “Yeah Blizzard hasn’t banned anyone for TurboHud and their last statement on it can be interpreted in like 5 different ways. Shrug”

Also you should address macros of varying kinds to the same level of specificity that you use to address TurboHud.

The way I see it, there’s 5 different kinds of macros.

1. Numlock with a secondary keybind. This is used to hold down one or more keys. It’s the lowest level of automation and something commonly used by a substantial portion of the playerbase.

2. Key spamming macros. This is a more sophisticated macro that spams one or more keys endlessly at a set rhythm. This is used by a large portion of the playerbase, but it’s not as widespread as numlock.

3. Quality of life macros. Salvage and rare upgrade macros allow people to salvage or upgrade an entire inventory very rapidly. These are not commonly used, though it is worth it to note that time is power in D3.

4. Rotational macros. Bazooka wizard. Nuff said.

5. Super macros. This is a bazooka wizard macro where instead of just performing the rotation for you, it also moves your character into the oculus ring and selects the exact pixel to drop the meteor for optimal area damage.

I’m pretty sure 1 is allowed by Blizzard. 5 Is probably not allowed as people got banned in season 18 for that. 2-4 Are a black box to me. I have no idea how Blizzard feels about these kinds of macros whatsoever.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. If Blizzard changed this, it would have been listed in a subsequent Patch Notes Blog.

Once they make a change in a Patch, they don’t list it in every Patch Notes Blog that comes after it. Not unless they change it again.

Think about it. Patch Notes only list the current, new, changes. So, Blizzard didn’t list it again in Patch 2.4.0 or 2.5.0 or 2.6.6 or 2.6.7, or any Patchs in-between or after (Patch 2.6.7a).

And if it HAS changed, and it now depends on RNG, they should list that as a new change in the Patch Notes when it was deployed.

[/off-topic]

2 Likes

You have inadvertently explained why there will never be a stand-alone-offline PC or MAC version of D3.

Have you seen non-season leaderboard screenshots of consoles??
The hacking is ridiculous. 2x rings and and amulets with three gems in each in some players - 9 gems.
People complain about botting and cheating, but truly, next to the non-season consoles, the botting and mapping is a cheat not a complete modification.
I hope they never make it stand-alone.