Streamer: "Small Nerf"

Nah we’re not toxic. We’re peeved.

Simply put, you are not qualified to say what is “overperforming” or have the understanding the to determine what is a “small nerf”. It’s best if you leave that in the capable hands of Prokahn, Free, Rage and many other players of that caliber.

And more importantly, it’s unacceptable to the utmost degree for you use the King of Kings and Lord of Lords Name in vain.

2 Likes

At least that guy is not botting like many others clowns.

2 Likes

This thread is worse than old-school WoW realm forums.

Care to walk all that back now?

2 Likes

I see a lot of GR nerf values being thrown around.

It is a SEVEN (7) GR level nerf people.

Not 3.5
Not 4
Not 5
Not 10

This is basic math.

200% is 3.
1.17^7 is 3.

A 7 level nerf is not small.

If a 10,000 paragon player required an extremely good rift to beat a 140, what do you think that means for the rest of us?

14 Likes

Because peoples “thoughts and feelings” tell them otherwise man.

They think and feel that’s it’s OP, so it must be. That’s all the evidence that they need.

:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I means I’ll be lucky to break 100 before I die.

1.17^7= 3 so it is clear that it is 7GR if you look at damage only 0% compared to 200%.

Because I dont play Barb I did not know that legendary power “Rend can now stack up to 2 times on an enemy” was on the old version of belt.

7 GR lvl nerf is definitely too much it is better to keep it like this than do 7 LVL GR nerf. I would prefer middle but that is other topic.

Now I think it must be unintended bug with Diablo 3 build for consoles at Blizzcon.

We can only hope so at this point.

Like I said on other thread it makes 0 sence to do the nerf this way… They could reduce damage range to 50%-100% lets say.

1 Like

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. It’s not a nerf if it didn’t go live yet.

You all know how the PTR works, stop getting all upset over a small change and look at the larger picture. The barb is still much better off for s19 than it was for s18

3 Likes

please stop calling 7 gr nerf a small change

7 Likes

Realistically after watching thread comments since during the PTR and after, there is a ‘magical’ 140 benchmark almost where anyone freaks out the moment someone hits it.
For a second, lets say there was some misguided validation in that.

Does it not stand to reason that this should have happened the moment a meta group hit 150, which is now apparently regularly?

Just an observation. There is a hidden hypocrisy with the scaling and I believe if everyone understood the methods the Dev’s use to make these judgments, at the least, class communities could rationalise at minimum, some of it.

Every streamer has a function and they provide a valuable community service. I think the new sets look better, nothing can convince me that a nerf from 200% to 0% can be considered small regardless of the set effect because 10 out of 200 is small. 200 out of 200 is a large nerf. That’s not even math, that’s arithmetic.
I do not think any pay-per-view streamer has anything but good intent, because they’d lose their clients.

I think two of the words people seem to be looking for from Blizzard with D3 are:
‘Greater Transparency.’

Blizzard, that does need work because it will save you and many people a lot of pain.

2 Likes

I think the issue is still it being called “small” when it was a rather huge nerf,. That said, you didn’t nerf barbs, Blizzard did. Frankly, Micro has a point saying if you didn’t tweet about it, it would have gone live and it would be too late.

Let’s not burn Fluffy at the stake because he said “Small nerf” instead of “Rend nerfed.” To be fair, in relative terms, -7 GRs when we’re doing GR 133 could be considered fairly small in that context.

1 Like
 You're still the hero we needed for "Is this a late April Fool's joke?"

A straight-up legend…even if you don’t have a phone.

Ofc PTR gives inflated figures and we know that. If you actually tested PTR thoroughly you ll know any average paragon of 1k that solo past 130+ is the kill streak that does the killings. How many of you been to s19 PTR 150?? I have and personally watched how every 3rd meteor killings 15 mobs grants a chain that provides 3 min progression. Let alone the RG is 1 shot by the broken buff that can be chained up using cow portal EXPLOIT. Now if PTR is loaded with inflated figures, clearly the s19 theme is inflated. Nerfing solo builds whether Rend, Chantodo, Bone Ringer and Star pact will not change the situation. The kill streak will be able to chain up regardless of nerfing them or not, so why the nerf? Why not take a good look at the s19 theme? Many of you dont realize, with enough fishings, a zdps toon with 0% conduit handled by experienced zbarbs will be able to solo 150 using the kill streak. This is intended?

Wake up. The current devs are not capable making logical decisions hence the protest. Its a different situation if a capable team is making the correct calls then everything on PTR is not warranted to live.

Every class is better in s19 than s18. Brother i solo 123 on a nerfed chantodo with all NORMAL gears including weapons, 800 paragon and full defensive gems abusing the kill streak. What about after the season? What about NS, NS are not players? I cant solo 123 on a pre nerf vyrs with normal weapons on live with 8k paragon.

The Rend change just shows devs in capacity and absolutely 0 knowledge to the game. Raekor HoTA has higher ceiling than Rend. Ancients is counter productive in groupings, but with correctly strategies adapted, its doable. Nerfing Rend 7 GR, is laughable. In conjunction with other nerfs, it just shows their fear of any tanky builds(BoM in Rend case) with capable trash clearing power to crack solo 150 with the OP kill streak. Thing is , with enough fishings you dont even need DPS , even zbarb can solo 150 on the RIGHT map.

Any one with eyes sees its the kill streak thats the culprit behind all the nerfs, including chantodo.

2 Likes

This will be hard for some if you to hear, but a lot of people here need to either grow up, go outside, or both.

Like many of you, I looked forward to holding down right click and clearing a much higher GR than I previously could on my seven year old cartoon barbarian, but now it seems maybe that number will be lower than I thought, maybe not, I will just have wait and see.

If you get so outraged at a video game streamer for using the word “small” in his tweet when you think he should have said “big”… that you go wave your arms in outrage…I can’t wait to see the forum post when you all discover uncomfortable truths like “taxes” and “bills”, and “Jeffrey Epstein didn’t kill himself”.

4 Likes

For the same reasons people should be upset at MSM for not stating your last quote. :wink: C’mon over to the good side, you were mostly there.

Sharing of positive information is a beautiful thing. Sharing of misleading information is however, not a beautiful thing.