Am I missing something? Zdps #1 solo?

I think your opinion is incorrect.

Bugs/unintended interactions can occur in a video game. A player can use an exploit knowingly or unknowingly. The point at which a player repeatedly uses an obvious exploit and broadcasts it that is not “100% Blizzard’s fault”.

2 Likes

Why should Blizzard ban him?

This is an error they left in the game.

Because exploiting an obvious game breaking bug is a bannable offense. You really think they want a zBarb w/ a GR150 clear at the top of the leaderboard?

No, of course not.

I agree with you that it is a bannable offense.

I’m just pointing out that they’ve let the state of the game deteriorate so much that Blizzard should also be held accountable for making ridiculous issues like this possible in the first place.

This has gone on for years and years. Why the bleep is the game’s main trash clearer reliant on a macro for 2 and a half years straight?

Come on… just screams incompetence / lack of care for the game.

3 Likes

I’m just surprised no one found this during the PTR, or maybe they did and didn’t say anything.

Question is now, how do you differentiate which ones are legit clears? There might be not so obvious ones on the board.

It was found on the PTR. I recall Blizzard stating that they fixed this by having the kill streak reset when entering/re-entering a GR.

Blizzard’s fault dont justify the use of the exploit. Some people are working hard to do their seasonal rifts whitout that.

1 Like

Agreed! Having a zBarb sitting in the #1 spot is a joke, Blizzard needs to ban this guy and fix this exploit ASAP.

1 Like

This exploit is indeed game-breaking. Inasmuch as the seasonal theme is a refreshing change from the norm, and many players love it, it has also been known to be abusable to a certain extent for personal advantage. I would not be surprised if Blizz shortens S19’s lifespan by a chunk from the norm.

All the other posts on the forums among other things.

He was not doing it on his main account. they should go after his main account too.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing it up.

And you would be wrong. This was a known issue that was not tested after the initial “fix”. Do you think that is anyone elses fault other than blizzard? If you think so I highly recommend you check yourself into the nearest mental health facility.

With that said him exploiting the bug to get the top spot on several leader boards absolutely deserves to be punished. The extent of that punishment is not up to me so I will not comment on what I think it should be.

2 Likes

Looks like he was removed from the leaderboards, not sure if he was banned or not.

Yes. Fault is shared.

If it was 100% Blizzard’s fault, then there would be no need for a punishment that you claim is absolutely deserved.

You are delusional…

Lest we forget season 6 (2.4.1) when Blizz elected to leave Wiz “Fire Bug” in the game as the season wizard meta…but maybe this time around it was just a little over the top?

1 Like

The two issues are completely different. The bug still being an issue do to lack of testing is the fault of blizzard. Period end of story no further comment needed.

His repeated use of said bug to gain an unintended advantage multiple times is his fault. Period end of story no further comment needed.

Deny the truth and live in ignorance if you wish but the facts will still be facts.

2 Likes

can’t argue, but consider, which path gets the most immediate attention?

I will just quote myself from earlier