Skill Buff discussion (400 posts)

We had a wish list in the old forums so I’ll just store the discussion recap here as it will be fun to compare the result with the new patch.

So, how many votes each skill got after about 400 posts:

Crusader:
Phalanx 21
Fist of the Heavens 21
Shield Bash 6
Heaven’s Fury 3
Falling Sword 2

Barbarian:
Weapon Throw 16
Bash / Cleave / Rend 15*
Frenzy 14
Ancient Spear 12
Revenge 9
Overpower 5
Call of the Ancients 4
Avalanche 3
War Cry 3
Whirlwind 3
Lightning barb 3
Leap 2
*Sorry for bundling these three skills

Wizard:
Hydra 32
Blizzard 23
Mirror Image 20
Signature Spells 9
Ray of Frost 8
Teleport 8
Electrocute 8
Disintegrate 7
Black Hole 7
Twisters 7
Arcane Orb 6
Slow Time 6
Wave of Force 4
Conjuration Skills 4
Magic Missile 4

Demon Hunter:
Elemental Arrow 21
Strafe 20
Chakram 16
Spike Trap 16
Rapid Fire 12
Bolas 6
Caltrops 6
Companion 4
Hungering Arrow 5
Entangling Shot 3
Marked for Death 3
Fan of Knives 2

Necromancer:
Revive 17
Army of the Dead 11
Bone Spirit 6
Bone Spear 6
Mirinae buff 4
Skeletal Mages 4
Golem 3
Corpse Explosion 2

Witch Doctor:
Zombie Bears/charger 19
Acid Cloud 11
Frogs/Spiders 10
Piranha / Bogodile 7
Grasp of the Dead 6
Zombie dog 5
Wall of Death 4
Fire Bomb 4
Sacrifice 4
Locust Swarm 3
Mass Confusion 3
Fetishes 2
Haunt 2
Big Bad Voodoo 2
Toad of Hugeness 1

Monk:
Tempest Rush 9
Sweeping Wind 6
SSS 5
Shenlong 4
Lashing Tail Kick 1

All:
Rimeheart 6
Asheara’s Vestments 6
Broken Promises 3
proc coefficients rework 2

I might have done some mistakes but this will give some perspect how the votes are shared.

6 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting the PTR. I think it’ll be this week or the next. At least, I hope so. I am not exactly hopeful for sweeping (really, I’d settle for interesting) changes, but hope springs eternal.

Logically, it’ll be the season of Travelling (endless Walk) or the Season of Will (Focus and Restraint.)

1 Like

The list seems good to me.

Its pretty similar to the general feeling I get of people’s wishes I have seen/read while lurking the forums over the years.

Just need blizz to act on it. Seems it would make a lot of players happy.

1 Like

That’s the problem, isn’t it? It’s BEEN years. I know it must be harder to make changes then I think, but surely it can’t be that hard to change +1 extra hydra (for example) to +2. I wonder if the Diablo team has something similar to WoW Editor. I really can’t explain the (seemingly) reluctant hesitation to make simple, painless changes to items to freshen the game up.

2 Likes

Indeed, we have so many possibilities, yet the vast majority are not viable for high end end-game.

While i appreciate any updates they still give us, it is quite dissapointing to see so much get left in the dust for this amount of time.

1 Like

Hey, I think it might be a good idea to include a link to the original thread from the old forum as well.

^^maybe you wanna copy that link into your post as well, so the whole feedback and the specifics we gave in that thread is not lost.

thx Ruined.

2 Likes

That is probably because most of the Diablo team has been moved to work on D4.

D3 is either having only a small amount of people left who work on it, or it is in the hands of the classic team, but I don’t know how big that team is or what their priorities are (probably Warcraft 3 Reforged is higher on their priority list than D3, who knows…).

I understand that, but some of these things were in need of attention long before they moved the devs off of D3.

Believe me, I dont expect much else to happen to D3 beyond number tweaks,

Love me some zombie bears

1 Like

According to the Jason Schreier article, the D3 team was told to move on to D4 briefly before RoS was launched, so it is possible that even a few weeks or so after RoS was launched, the D3 team was significantly reduced, which would explain why D3 hasn’t gotten too much attention, even some of the things that really needed it.

2 Likes

Thanks clueso! Failed to link correctly, but now there’s working link in the OP thanks to you.

1 Like

No problem.

If you wanna keep your thread alive even more, you could copy all the stuff that was written in it into a word document, because it otherwise will get lost when the old forum disappears in about a month or so - according to CM’s the old forum will not be available for much longer.

Then if you want, you can copy all that stuff into this thread.

That’s just it. So many available skills, so much potential. Yet it seems they chose to neglect the majority of them. Even from then.

I was hopeful when they started with seasons. New items were being released consistently. I thought the left over crew were going to drip feed us enough items, to at least support all the damage dealing class skills, so one day we would have what could have been a solid arpg with a ton of variety.

I for one, was content with that.

The implementation did have its problems, but imo, they were at least on the right track at that point in time.

Then as we know, even that stopped and we haven’t really seen any major content other than the kanai cube patch, and later on perhaps with the Necro DLC.

I still like the game for what it is. Just dissapointed they arent going to “finish” the game I guess.

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe they will put a few more developers on D3 to give us some stuff to enjoy while D4 is still on its way.

You’d think, but apparently not. They’ve decided we will probably buy the game anyway. They are probably right.

Votes do not relate to relevancy to requiring buffs (I mean look at WW, if you look at the total posts for it over the years…). For example, there will be people who want Vyr buffed, but no sane person would ever do that since its already far past any other build in the game currently.

Keep in mind, Vyr is only as strong as it is right now because of Chantodo.

Yeah we all know that. I’m just saying that votes do not correlate to actually needing buffs, weak builds correlate to needing buffs.

A PTR must come soon now, shouldn’t it? :slight_smile:

It will soon enough.
However, I can only hope that it’ll help underwhelming classes and/or builds.

1 Like