Fun/underrated builds?

Plague of Toads too… my Rhen Ho Flayer needs a workout.

1 Like

More than a skill, i’d like to see barbarian be able to wear 2-2H weapon. And something that can smash enemies with a few hits.

The only monk spender that is unsupported specifically by a set is Cyclone Strike. Only the generic buff of Inna’s set and LoD buff CS and the only legendary item that buffs CS is the new Won Kim Lau.

I always enjoyed grasp of the dead with deadly rebirth,wilkens reach, and grin reaper both Helltooth and LoD variants shame the damage just isn’t there for it

The frenzy builds on a Barb do well, and at one time, frenzy thorns was a good build.

Needless to say, that is not true anymore.

That is why quite a few Barbarians have asked for a primary attack set for Barbarians. Frenzy can go insanely fast on its attacks and it gets amusing what you see happen. Properly done, it should have both mob clearing and much more likely boss killing.

There was a thread by user Ruined where he made a survey in the community about what skills poeple would like to set in a new sets.

He pbished the resuts in this thread

I think that is still relevant.

There also was a very similar thread on the old forums, but that can not get accessed anymore, since the old forums are gone.

Witch Doctor FROGS!
Barbarian Leap.

Wizard

Mirror Image and Black Hole :slightly_smiling_face:

I love the Tal Rasha Meteor Shower build, but it just isn’t viable for higher pushing.

i would run a Permanent Tempest rush, Strafe, Whirl Wind before it was a thing. LOL.
Minion Crusader is also interesting.

EDIT: A hard one to pull off is Witch Doctor Zombie dog sacrifice. but very entertaining. lol

1 Like

Archer Phalanx Crusader and Disintegrate/Meteor Wizard are 2 fun builds I always go back to when pushing GRs gets boring.

1 Like

I love using N6 + Danetta’s Hatred for farming really fast or power leveling friends in a few minutes. Action Shot + Rain of Vengeance. Sooo fast. Speed farm T10. Would love to see more damage using Vault to push into the T13 or higher range.

1 Like

Honestly, after reading this thread, we have globally a sad conclusion.

Players have tons of idea/build they love, but they can’t play it.
Well, they can, but not as an endgame option. (We think about T16 speedfarm/GR Pushing)

Kinda lame IMO, when we know many builds already have supporting legendaries. They just need a little tweak, like imput of a multiplier or a modification about the multiplier itself.
(Which doesn’t need a tremendous amount of work actually)

And this is what kill the game, we’re globally stuck to 1/2 effective builds by class. More diversity would at least give the opportunity to greatly enhance the season enjoyment duration.

3 Likes

I always enjoyed the Helltooth WD that utilized Acid Cloud and Wall of Death. There are some really nice items to go with the build, but it just doesn’t do the damage that’s needed anymore.

2 Likes

Also one of my favorite builds.

What I find sad about this build is that the vast, vast majority of the damage comes from the Meteor because of the boots that give like 800% Meteor damage. The damage from Disintegrate in this build is sadly so low that it is negotiable.

For the Meteor runes I either use Meteor Shower or the unruned version of Meteor (because I just like the visuals of the unruned version and there is no equivalent to it in the runes, except Molten Impact, but that isn’t spammable).

I would be cool if there would be a Lightning rune for Disintegrate as well (like Chaos Nexus damage could be turned into Lightning, which would totally fit), so Disintegrate theoretically could be used with the Thundercrash rune from Meteor.

I really like the Thorns Frenzy barbarian, its quite difficult the gear, but that’s what makes it more rewarding. An increase to the tough as nails thorns passive which is at this time 100% to say 200% which would not make it a pushing build but would give it a nice little boost.

1 Like

Lon rings would be nice if they where reg a leg .It sure would open a new world for older builds we used to play. Stacking lon rings with lod gem might be interesting if people didn’t expoit it.

I love my stun monk.

Revolves around Wydward, Thundergod’s Vigor, Dovu Energy Trap and Dual-Wielding Fulminator and Windfury. Just all the lightning everywhere, stun the bejeezus out of everything all day.

1 Like

There are lots of fun skills in the game. They just don’t have +10-20k% damage :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really want a build revolving around Strafe as the main damage for the Demon Hunter. Really the Natalya’s set dungeon is the only place I can really use it effectively. Would love to be able to have the option for a Strafe set up.