Season 23 - Idea - Microsets

Season of Microsets

Multiple Set Shards to rule them all

6 Pieces Set disabled

Due to an harmonic convergence, 6-Pieces Set bonuses are temporary disabled this season.

Legacy of Nightmares

While this is the only item Set Bonus the character has, their damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped.

While you have maximum 3 pieces set bonuses equipped, every Legendary item you have equipped increases your damage dealt by 375% and reduces your damage taken by 2%. In addition, each different set equipped increase your damage by 25%. These bonuses are doubled for Ancient Items, tripled for Primal items.

Explainer

• Full Normal items : Up to 5200% damage increase with 6 x 2 pieces Sets equipped
  • Full Ancient items : Up to 10400% damage increase with 6 x 2 pieces Sets equipped
  • Full Primal items : Up to 15600% damage increase with 6 x 2 pieces Sets equipped
  • Example: LoN + Jesseth + Pestilence 2-p + Captain Crimson’s Trimmings + Born’s Command
  • Empowers generic Sets : BlackThorne, Krelm, Aughild’s Authority, Demon’s Hide
  • No free power, since it costs you 2 rings
  • Costs you another ring (Royal Grandeur) to achieve 3-p bonuses with only 2 items
  • You might not be able to equip 6 x 2 pieces Sets since you need defense
  • Searching Sets with Primal quality is quite hard

Options

• A) Implemented as a Set bonus, just for the season (not free)
  • B) Implemented as a global seasonal buff (free)

I just see more power creep with this idea.

1 Like

despite many rather bad ideas I’ve read from OP (sorry!) I think this idea is quite nice and also reasonable and can be done, meaning it’s not too complicated at all. Numbers can be adjusted anyway so that there is no power creep.

however I would like that without the 2 ring restricting (LoN is a quit terrible set cus it restricts you of 2 rings hence LoD being so popular in comparison).
Just like Season 17 (the LoN season), number tuned down therefor.
otherwise interesting idea.

Agreed, no creativity, just more power creep. Overall bad idea.

Probably fine because

• being deprived of 2 rings is such a penalty
  • You’ll need defensive options on higher GR, you can’t go full damage increase

Moreover, each Season traditionally brings a buff.
You can call it power creep but, in the end, it is just the expected Seasonal buff.

I tried to deliver a high value with minimal changes.

This is a hard tradeoff I made at first glance.
Honestly I hesitated. Why not.

I’m never concerned about numbers being adjusted.
however the tradeoff of some builds being restricted because you cant have a weird coe build or not enough def cus you must have RoRG to be competetive I don’t like.
those are just my concerns at first glance.

3 pieces set bonuses? Like Demon’s Hide, Blackthorne’s, Sage’s, Aughild’s, Captain Crimson’s? This all sounds like pointless power creep.

Can’t understand where is the so-called power creep with such 3-pieces Sets bonuses ? They are all supportive.

Captain Crimson’s Trimmings gives 20% increased cooldown and Aughild’s Authority gives 30% increased damage. Small numbers compared to 6-pieces Set bonuses.

1 Like

Yeah but you’re giving them on top of LoN bonuses which is 9750% increased damage boost. While it looks like a brilliant idea on surface you’re pushing the already vague line between speedfarm builds and push builds.

9750% x 1.3 = 12 675%.

You saw the 2.6.10 patch.
Some 6-pieces Sets bonus now skyrocket at 17 500%

General damage increase also supports every sort of damage output not just individual skill specific bonuses. There’s a difference between boosting a few skills by 12675% and increasing your whole damage output including damage over time effects and damage/skill procs coming from legendaries.

Yes, that is the point.
LON exists to boost skills and effects forgotten by the 6 pieces Sets.

hmm this would make zmonks/zbarbs really strong… I don’t think it would be a good idea…

If it didn’t affect z-classes, then you have 6 sets which does what you want: more damage.

Please illustrate with examples.

IMHO only The Shadow’s Mantle 2 pieces (6000% increased damage with a melee weapon) is overcharts, when you multiply with the LoN bonus (9750%). But this is nothing compared when you multiply with The Shadow’s Mantle 6 pieces (Impale deals an additional 75,000% weapon damage) so it is OK.

I thought this would be self-explanatory… zmonks can use your season bonus and actually do damage instead of just support… now you will have 4 z-players in the game doing massive damage and never dieing. You’ll make hardcore players really happy.

Damage like Sets or LoD.
No less, no more.

Increased overall damage is not equal to skill specific boosts, you’re increasing overall damage output while allowing support builds to go crazy. An overall constant damage boost is VERY different than a trigger specific skill damage boost; skill damage boost is only viable as long as you use the listed skills (which you have limited to six at most).
On the comparison overall damage boost will affect your procs, damage over time, clones/pets’ damage as well; you can improve your damage per second with such effects already and that’s why the numbers on LoD/N is lower than your usual Set items.

Most skill specific class set will deal minuscule damage over time, damage procs from items and pet damage if they were to try unless they’re certainly boosted for it. You can pick the highest damage dealing skill while using such constants and nothing affects or limits you. You’re asking to remove that limit even further just because.
You’re creating a build where you’ll have 52% constant damage mitigation with 9750% damage increase and you can improve them by another set, defying LoD/N’s theme regardless of creating a support, speedfarm or push build. Issue is not the numbers offered, issue is that LoN has a constant and it can boost every damage output you can have without effort already.

It doesn’t matter if 17000% sets increase one to four or five spells, they dependent on a trigger and their weapon damage is designed that way for a controlled progress scheme and server performance. While LoD/LoN builds can amplify anything they choose already, they will be harder to control if you amplify them further while they have the freedom of picking the highest damage dealing skill to flatten everything. And you know, that’s what they do. Not only S6 Demon Hunters, but necros who use Corpse Lance (1750%) will dance at the light of such changes.
That’s the balance of the game and that’s how you keep speedfarm, support and push builds distinctively different from each other. I’m not sure if you understand either but I’m just trying.

Not that it’s gonna happen… but why do you think LoN needs a buff to begin with? Beside being used for some niché builds it’s same as LoD, it just gives you a free gem socket.

Are you saying lowering damage would fix this ?
If it is just a number issue, then numbers can be ajusted.
I’m more into the concept itself.

This is a problem.
LoN is shadowed by LoD
Just like Rathma is shadowed by its LoD version.
Useless stuff shall be either removed or improved.

Not directly. I’m just saying they won’t promote the abuse of damage over time by increasing overall damage which would cause strains on server traffic. Also you’re creating an issue about build purposes and making the lines between them very vague. According to you, now any support build can deal tons of damage and tank tons of damage for free and they doesn’t have to maintain anything.

So buffing it to the oblivion be the solution? LoD may come out supreme most of the time but LoN gives you a gem slot for defensive triggers for specific builds. Also there’s a reason why LoD and LoN damage bonuses are kept equal; they’re free constants even if you favor one of them more than other.
The idea of 3-piece support sets are not a setback or backdraw by any meaning nor changes anything on how LoN is played.

I just said have you asked why LoN kept that way for a long time; it’s a constant passive with already powerful builds behind it to boost. Just because LoN is “useless” you’re willing to buff lance Necros just because?
Number tweaks are easiest thing in the world for developers but they playtest it with all possibilities. You’re simply buffing highest damage dealing builds in the game via specific procs and I fail to get the idea behind it.

I believe that vagueness and unknown are precisely the core of what Diablo 3 players are looking for. A world of possibilities. Theorycrafting. Test, test, test.

They no longer play for the story nor the game itself. But they would play another Season just to discover new potential builds and verify if their theories are correct. Diablo 3 is now a guessing game.

To fuel this appetite for the unknow, one way is to open possibilities, push the frontier of the unknow. And add some crazyness, unbalanced bias, just for a Season.

1 Like