S-19 Group Join Bug

Hey Cheetah,

I did appeal but no dice…I did throw a post into the bug yesterday just stating I wish they provided me evidence of my transgression(s)…obviously redact names and such but at least show me the language or offense;

Anyways, I can wait until 12/7, ^_^…it is good to know there are eyes on it and peeps are working on it

I hadn’t posted this earlier because I play Solo these days and frankly, I hadn’t noticed. I thought everything, on my end, was working fine. Some issues I haven’t tested yet. Like, joining games with Friends, Community or Clan Members. I have whispered to players occasionally over the last several days. But, I may have just been lucky to whisper to players who weren’t bugged.

• I belong to a large gaming community.
  • We have a D3 Community.
  • We have Clans for the Europe Region and two Clans for the Americas Region: Normal and Hardcore.
  • I also have Friends. Most of them from the gaming community, but some I’ve met in-game or in the forums.

I currently play on the Americas Region.

While gaming this morning, I engaged in a conversation with some Clan Members. Some of them were considering teaming up, but there was some question about those of us playing Season, some playing non-Season and whether we were playing Normal or Hardcore.

And that’s when I discovered there is still some issue with players being incorrectly identified in-game. (See image below)

I PhotoShop’d the image to include just the Chat and Friends Windows to save space.

1 Like

Hello publisher,
I am a loyal gamer of diablo3. This Season 19, I have a problem. Like everyone else, I created a new Cru character for the new season, but I didn’t see the season’s mission display. If I don’t see the quest, how can I finish and get the rewards?
Help me, please.
Battle tage: gioluaquatoc#1639
Server: Asia

This has been going on since September maintenance.
Like you said in your post:
"I hadn’t posted this earlier because I play Solo these days and frankly, I hadn’t noticed. "

You are very late to the game so to speak.

Clans are still having a very difficult time sharing bounties, speed runs, plvl runs, or anything that means one must team up into a party of more than one.

The only trick I know that works (most of the time, but not all of the time) is to:

1. log out of D3 client/launcher.
  2. Open Task Manager and close every D3 instance or Update Agent and Launcher’s.
  3. Then reopen launcher or load D3 client.

Blizzard may very well have to rewrite the legacy D3 core party code so our game works evenly with Bnet Services latest updates.

@gioluaquatoc you should be able to see the seasonal journey from the character select screen to the right of your seasonal character, or if you’re in a game you can click the icon for season journey in the top right.

@Matthew Cederquist so this is a series of bugs that have been in the game for just shy of 3 months now, why is this not a stickied thread on the forums or even mentioned in the current sticked thread of “known bugs”?

Considering the scope and impact and duration of these issues it’s a bit ridiculous that we have to find a thread started by users and scroll through over a hundred replies to see if there’s a new blue post at the bottom with an update. Don’t get me wrong,it’s great you’re actually providing updates (although sporadically) but please put them in an easy to see location!

2 Likes

I’m very aware of how long this has been going on. But, I’m not going to report that I’m having an issue if I’m not having an issue (or didn’t notice it — on my end.   )

I check the forums daily. So, I’m not as late as you think. I only posted now because I only recently discovered i, too, was having this issue. And to let Blizzard know it’s still happening.

Have a nice day!   C’ya…    

I can see the season icon in the top right corner of the screen (in the green), but I can’t click on it.
Even though I create new seasonal characters, everything is the same

You’re not supposed to be able to click on it. There are 4 possible icons that show above the mini-Map. You only see 3 of them at any one time.

1. — Mouse-over this icon to see the current Season Journey Chapter you’re working on. Clicking on it will open your Season Journey Window.

1. — Mouse-over this icon to see the current Community Event Buff. You cannot click this icon.

1. — This icon verifies that you are playing a Seasonal Character. You can mouse-over it, but cannot click it.

1. — This icon verifies that you are playing a Hardcore Seasonal Character. You can mouse-over it, but cannot click it.

I sure hope this gets fixed soon.

This is a picture of my character. There is no icon to see the current Season Journey Chapter
haaps://i.imgur.com/zC4VGsZ.png <—replace “haaps” with “https”

My apologies. I thought you meant you were seeing this: , but couldn’t click on it.

For the issue you’re describing, check out this thread by @Maskraider and see if it helps: Season Journey and Achievement Bug [Solution]

Fixed yours: https://i.imgur.com/zC4VGsZ.png

To post a link to your screenshot:

1. Upload your image to a free image-hosting website, like Imgur.
  2. Paste the “Direct Link” to your image in your post.
  3. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  4. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/6PIA4Ul.jpg

1 Like

Morning everyone,

Wanted to make sure we stayed on top of communication for this bug. We’re continuing to look at this daily and trying fixes internally.

We’ve narrowed it down specifically due to the players presence and the party leader losing this presence with other people throughout a gameplay session. A quick and easy way to force an update is to switch onto a non-seasonal character and switch back to the Seasonal character you’d like to play.

We’ll let you know more updates as we go along

5 Likes

Is this related to those whom cannot play / muted…? Cause we hear nothing for almost 2 months now.

Are you saying the patch that will automatically install if we do the above?

No, that is not what was said. There is no patch yet.

Switching characters updates the social presence status during the gameplay session so that the game properly detects season/non season status.

No. You are quite familiar with the two current bugs. This has nothing to do with the Bug causing Muted players to be unable to make games. The last Blue comment in the TS thread on your issue was 3 days ago. If they had new news, they would have shared it.

This works some of the time, but not all the time.

I’ve had 8 launchers loaded as I look at my Task Manager.
I only load one launcher so this is part of the bug.

When a player has been doing gr’s/bounties/rifts for a few hours there is nothing that they can do to fix their social status.
Even rebooting the computer will not fix it some times.

This could have been the same issue / fix that was needed for both. Perhaps they would fix both things. Over 30 days and nothing. That is beginning to be unacceptable.

1 Like

I want to mention that joining and leaving communities & clans causes problems too; Once you join, you can leave, but you can’t rejoin because you’re already a part of that community or clan, but then you cant leave it either because you’ve already a left it. leaving you out but unable to get back in because your still in, but you’re not because you ain’t;

Thanks for your efforts!! I hope this helps!

1 Like

We have long had issues that pop up with joining and leaving communities, or an error related to that. You are right that there seems to be in an increase in issues in the past 24 hours. There is a recent thread on the Bug Report forum that you might want to add your voice to.

You cannot leave this community. You are not a member.
(Code 319000)

1 Like