Rather delete the "Star-Pact" skill

Rather delete the “Star-Pact” skill.
Then return the original channeling increase damage system.

Since patch 2.6.8, all wizard settings have been heavily nerfed.
All wizards who use channeling increase damage have been destroyed.

Wizards must use teleport to survive in combat play.
In addition, wizards must also use the skill to cast manually.
While channeling.

The problem arises here.
These actions (teleport, using manual skills)
Immediately stops increasing channeling damage.
After patch 2.6.8.

As a result,

“Tal Rasha” Set can’t keep “Tal Rasha - 4 Stack buff” or take channeling increase damage.

The same applies to “Delsere” set.

The same applies to settings that use the “Legacy of Dreams”.

Any settings of wizards…

In all wizard settings,
All skill trees that use channeling increase damage are affected.

Even before patch 2.6.8, these settings were weak compared to other classes.
Since the patch, it is much weaker now, making it harder to play.

Wizard settings that are not affected by this are
Only the “Chantodo” setting does not use channeling increase damage.
Do all wizards have to play “Chantodo”?

If you need to stop the “Bazooka Wizard”,
Rather delete the “Star-Pact” skill.
Then return the original channeling increase damage system.

“Kill wizard”
Is this what Blizzard intended?

3 Likes

the original developers favored the wizard - the classic ones… not so much

I completely agree with you, OP.
To be honest I was so disappointed with this short-sighted decision of how to finally nerf Bazooka wiz that for the first time in years I stopped playing D3 (after checking it out in PTR).
Now it seems we have to play Chantodo for everything (bounties, GR, speeds etc). And Chantodo was nerfed and remains nerfed. I just don´t like Chantodo build that much. I like diversity.

Now, my favorite build right now is reverse archon LoD Meteor Shower wiz. As we all know, it is already hard to get a good rolled ancient Swami with 20 seconds stat. Swami got nerfed by at least 1 second (that only if you completely hate moving and teleporting and just love to stay in place while being hit by elites and thrash and channel to squeeze all you can out of the “new” Swami bonus. Ok, you still receive bonuses from archon but that is not nearly as effective as it was before). Teleporting is a very important part of this build and of most wiz builds but it resets a 1-second penalty on damage on channeling skills. So, lots of builds received huge nerf and Devs seem to think that it is completely ok.

For speed farming and bounties I like to use normal Meteor Shower LoD build with Aether Walker and now it is also nerfed.

Previously I liked a lot a Delsere Arcane Orbit build with Mantle of Channelling and Deathwish…it was fun to play and tanky. Nerfed!

Firebird had only one viable build that did some decent damage - Star Pact without Archon. Nerfed. Destroyed. R.I.P.

Every Tal Rasha build has been nerfed because of being reliant on channell-support items like…yes, Deathwish, Etched Sigil and Mantle of Channeling. R.I.P.

Any interesting build, set or LoD, that involves DW, ES and Mantle of Channeling - nerfed.

I just don´t get it. Why we have to pay that much for the removal of a build than the majority of players don’t even play, or don´t like to play. A lot of new players and casuals do not even know what was Bazooka wiz and they got nerfed for nothing. Normal Star Pat build which started all of this required some skill to play and was not that OP as Bazooka. Now it has been rendered completely useless.

Blizzard, don´t you understand what you just did? You just removed Star Pact skill from being compatible with any build. It cannot be cast manually to make use of extra damage (from having more arcane power) while retaining channeling damage buff. Star Pact and builds associated with it are no longer viable. It is the same as removing the skill completely (remember Critical Mass??). But instead of just completely removing the skill, you decided to also nerf the majority of wizard builds that are used by a lot of players and especially new players. Why? Too much collateral damage!

*No harm solution (why not?): *
1) Star Pact and Archon can not be equipped at the same time in the skill bar.
2) When Star Pact is in your skill bar, Archon activation gains a 1-2 seconds cooldown after casting Star Pact. (Archon can be activated only 1-2 seconds after casting SP)
3) When Spat Pact and Archon are on the skill bar at the same time, Etched Sigil Mantle of Channelling and Deathwish grant their bonus 1 second after channeling has begun.

Did you really had to go “Bazooka” on the Bazooka wiz???

There was a post some months ago in general discussion. It was something like “Is the balance guy asleep at work” or something. Matthew Cederquist said that the “balance guy” is working hard and nothing to worry about (something like that). But given the current wizard “balancing” situation I highly doubt that even Matthew Cederquist can convince someone (even himself) that the live “Bazooka fix” was the right way to go. Maybe “balance” guy need some vacations to see things more clearly before “fixing” more builds.

1 Like

It’s not really necessary to delete it… they just need to remove the drop delay on Star Pact or add a delay to Archon Activation after casting Meteor and the job should be done. Obviously, removing the delay from Star Pact would lead to the issue that the Thundercrash rune needs something on top, but that would be doable. Alas, no… it’s way easier to carpet nerf pretty much everything.

Along with the new set being more or less DoA this is really disappointing.

Blizzard should read this

What you agree that meteor should only have five runes. No, I disagree the way that I would’ve handled the problem is quite different and would’ve done away with the build entirely. I don’t know why Blizz didn’t see the obvious solution before them. I will explain, by saying how I would’ve killed the build outright.

Here is how I would’ve done it without destroying all other builds. In fact my way might even help bring forth new builds as well.

1. Death Wish would be changed where it would read and do as follows.
    While channeling arcane turret, ray of frost or disintegrate your channeling damage is increased by x%.
  2. Etched Sigil would be changed to read as follows.
    While channeling arcane turret, ray of frost or disintegrate your channeling damage is increased by x% and you gain damage reduction of 80% that last for 5 seconds after channeling stops.
  3. Remove the one second delay on the shoulders.
  4. Add in more items that would be used to buff both channeling and non channeling skills as needed.
  5. I would change the mechanics of some of the sets. Because I just don’t feel that some of the sets actually captures the fantasy of a wizard.

I think that Blizz’s classic team and maybe the OP as well think wizards are nothing more than channeling bots and that is not true.

Does this make you less understanding?
Or don’t you think when you read someone else’s writing?

Now you do, you define the thoughts of others.
What are you doing?

Go and quote what I said.
Why can’t you quote?
So are you whining here?
It’s messy.

Added link for reference.

The title of the thread says Delete Star-Pact (rune on meteor). It doesn’t say redesign it or replace it which Blizz should still be able to do if needed to kill bazooka. You even say delete twice in the body of your OP. Now do you really need me to quote it.

You repeated the above twice once at the beginning of your OP then at the end.

Stop being like a politician by denying what you have said. Also take time to learn more English words so you won’t choose the wrong word for what you want to say. I have learned of some funny stories told to me by my friends of those that went to foreign countries. While talking to others they were trying to tell the locals that they don’t wear crosses. But instead they used the word for pants in that native language. I am sure that it was embarrassing situation to be in for sure.

Tell me how do you think wizards feel. Almost every build outside of Chantodo’s and Frozen Orb builds must use channeling skills in order to do the damage needed. Don’t you think that makes them feel that Blizz looks at wizards as channeling bots.

Then you in another thread make it out like it would be real hard for them to change the gear of wizards along with giving them more legendaries that have legendary powers for wizards. Ones that would buff other skills other than channeling. You made it like Blizz would need to design a whole new class to make that happen. Like the skills and runes wouldn’t work at all unless you had those items and channeled. You made it out like if they changed the items they would have to change the skills and runes as well. No they wouldn’t, because if they did then why didn’t the skill for Hydra go through some changes. Where the runes on the skill would change as well. It didn’t as far as I know of, mind telling me why if the way that sets are designed are connected to the skills as if you can’t change one without changing the other. When I know that isn’t the case.

Isn’t this what you should hear now?

With this level of conversation, did you post on the forum?

There is a Korean expression I would like to give you.
“Why do you have a long tongue like this?”

Don’t spend time making a word, go to that topic and quote what I said.
Just quote.
Can’t you quote?
No matter how much you look up, have I never said that?

It’s fun.

• Added link
    Kindly I’ll give you a link here.
    Now click and go and quote.

In this very thread that you have titled; "Ranther delete the Star-Pact skill (actually rune).

You said that twice and I quoted it from right here in this thread and will do it again.

Now if that don’t clearly mark what you said that is the same as the title I don’t know what does. You said it twice, delete means remove it, instead of replacing it with something else. It doesn’t mean redesign it which Blizz can do as well. Or they can replace it with another rune.

Star-Parct is not the name of the skill the name of the skill is Meteor the rune is named Star-Pact. Removing one rune from the skill Meteor without having another there in its place means it will have one less rune.

I double checked and each skill has five runes. So five minus one is four. That would mean that Meteor would have four runes while all other skills have five runes.

Meteor has five runes

1. Thunder Crash
  2. Star Pact
  3. Comet
  4. Meteor Shower
  5. Molten Impact

Removing 2 Star Pact that Meteor would only have four runes while the rest of the wizard skills have five. Now if you are okay with them either redesigning it or replacing it with something else then it is okay to do that.

Now answer some simple yes and no questions.

1. Does gear make the build in D3?
  2. Did you say don’t retroactively (nerf) the gear in a player’s inventory, as shown below? Sure it is not the same exact words but still it is the same message.

This comes from your own thread titled Wrong Way, Blizzard.

3 Did you say that you never said that nerfing is always bad?

This came as a reply to me in the same thread that is linked above.

It’s funny what you do.
After all, you are of poor quality.

I waited patiently.
Already like this text, you’ve written very poor quality text several times.
What are you doing now?
Don’t you look back on yourself?

I only talk to someone who is level enough to talk.

Again:
Don’t spend time making a word, go to that topic and quote what I said.
Just quote.
Why do you have a long tongue like this?

nah…you know how they designed the firebird? the first set of wizard?

Are you changing your strategy to comedy now?

I tried to finish roughly, but again you make a frustrating choice.

Yes, Meteor is a skill and StarPact is a rune. Did you find it?

5 - 1 = 4. Yes you are right. It’s smart. Should I praise you?

Also, StarPact consists of “S” + “t” + “a” + “r” + “P” + “a” + “c” + “t”. Amazing!

Are you kidding now?

Probably, you need my answer to make the words you play with.
Trying to use my answer to combine?
When combine is complete, you want to quote it?

You voluntarily go down to the bottom.
Do you like the bottom more?
Isn’t it too stupid?
How is this different from hitting yourself now?

Once this happens, there is only one way you can get out.

It’s about distorting what someone else doesn’t write, as if someone else wrote it.
Choose to apologize.

But you can’t apologize.
Because, not only to me, you’ve always lived like that in forums like this.
It’s from another topic.

So you can’t escape.
In the next step, you will try again to make words.
To escape.

There is no courage to be honest.
Poor guy.

You are just like a politician, you keep changing the questions and won’t answer those that are asked. I have read the whole reply and don’t see a single question answered. I do believe that you know that by answering them in the manner that you would have to answer them to be honest you would be put into a corner. The corner you would be in would be to admit that I am right and you don’t want to do that. Maybe you ought to go into politics you might win in an election.

Four runes on one wizard skill while the rest have five is not a wise idea. The worst case scenario is that Star Pact is replaced instead of just deleted without replacement. The best would be that Star Pact is redesigned to be more in line with other runes.

Dodging questions a classic politician tactic. Maybe I am talking to a politician and don’t know it.

You should know just as well as I do that you don’t have to say something in order to express how you feel on an issue. Somethings are not said directly but implied or can be logically deduced from other things that a person says.

But logic and reasoning is not something that politicians use that often. Especially ones that don’t like science.

Sometimes you have a deeper meaning to what someone is trying to tell you than what is told to you by mere words. Reading between the lines to get the real meaning of what is said is an important skill to have. Otherwise you are wanting me to be like a computer and only go by what is written and forget what is implied by what is written.

You are just looking for a Yes Man/No Man. Well you should know that I won’t do that. Have fun thinking you are a big winner here if that is what makes you happy.

1 Like

Your malicious question is not worth answering.
Because it was already answered a long time ago.

Have some memory problems?

The answer you want is to combine the part of the sentence with the part of the sentence, not “the whole content of the original text” to make something in combination.
Such as below.

Talker Said
Someone [Meteor shower].
You Did you say [Mesh], that’s wrong, that is not true.
Someone I don’t said like that, I said [Meteor shower].
You Don’t you said [me] in here? And did you said [sh] in here right?
Someone I don’t said like that. See whole word.
You wants [Meteor shower] is changed to [mesh].
For your plan to play a word to fit, it should just be “MEteor SHower”.

Is fun?

It is recommended to go to the hospital.
It’s not normal state.

Or.
It’s too obvious a low level method.
There seems to be some confidence in the messy way.

Whoever sees it would be better to be courageous.
It looks more poor.

In English, is this called a parting shot?

You know it puts you in a catch 22 you don’t want to be in. If you answered the questions with honest yes and no answers you know that anyone else reading it would’ve had ammo to shoot down your line of reasoning. It just doesn’t hold up to the light of truth.

Look you know that there are only a few things that Blizz can do to nerf a build that doesn’t touch other builds. All because they painted themselves in a corner when they designed D3 where gear makes the build.

Removing nerfing of items in player’s inventory as well as not nerfing items at all. Then there would be only a few ways to nerf the build.

1. Buff content: This like I said before will punish the weaker builds. Sure it will bring the OP’d build to baseline. But any other build that was at baseline will fall below it. This has the affect of forcing players that don’t want to play that OP’d build to play it if they want to be anywhere near baseline.
  2. Buff all other builds to the same OP level as the OP’d build that should be nerfed. Doing this raises the baseline. Which introduces more power creep that should be avoided if possible.
  3. Nerf the skill or rune in question. Nerfing the skill or rune could help. But it is not the major source of the power in any build. So nerfing a skill or rune won’t have the same impact as nerfing items.
  4. Removing runes: Now this gets tricky, because what this setups is a possibly slippery slope where Blizz would get into the practice of removing runes from skills to kill OP builds. Then if no runes would ever take their place. We could have a game where there wouldn’t be a single rune on a single skill. I don’t think you would want that.
  5. Redesign the skill or rune in question. This has the highest chances of success without destroying other builds. But how to do it in a way that it won’t nerf it to uselessness is not clear.
  6. Replace the skill or rune in question. This would also work and have just about as much of a chance of working as 5.

I would say use 5 or 6 if gear has to be a sacred cow that is to never be touched.

The problem is though while that might work for Star Pact it might not work as well for other runes of other skills that are OP’d because of the balance changes made by the devs.

Nor does it solve the problem that wizards have to be channeling bots in order to do their damage.

I would actually support a solution that not only solves killing Bazooka but also removes the need for wizards to use channeling skills on almost every viable push build that they have.

Just be kind to you once more. This is the last.
You keep thinking stupid.

Here, “Items that have already entered the user ’s inventory”.
It means “Items already introduced and dropped to the user”,
It does not mean “only items that actually exist in each user’s inventory”.
Does this mean to “apply nerf only to newly dropped items”?

If you really think so, it’s very serious.
If you have a brain, let’s think about it. Simple.

Replace that part with what you said. How it goes.

As for any game company, “Items that have already entered the user ’s inventory”, nerf only applies to newly dropped items.
This is a kind of “Unspoken Rule” in the game industry.
Because, these actions cause various problems.

In the context before and after the sentence, is this correct?

You wrote.

Do you have a brain?

We are different from animals because we have something to understand, even if we do not say it.
And this is called common sense.

Do you have common sense?
Are you able to have a normal conversation with the people around you?

To talk to you, should everyone explain that StarPact consists of “S” + “t” + “a” + “r” + “P” + “a” + “c” + “t”?

This is why I don’t answer you.

Go to the hospital before it’s too late.
Your condition is very serious.

This makes no sense and you know it when you said that you don’t retroactively nerf items that are already in a player’s inventory. This would mean that the game would have to save every legendary drop that has ever dropped. They would run out of space very fast doing that. That would mean that legendaries non ancient, ancient and primal would have to be saved in a catalog. Where it doesn’t matter of the player turns them into FS or sells them or if they are on a team and trade them to others. The ones sold and turned to FS would be in that catalog.

What now you are saying that to nerf the ones in that catalog. The ones that no longer exist in the game world due to being turned to FS or sold.

I use logic and reasoning to come to a conclusion. While I know that you are looking for other avenues like buffing content, maybe even buffing other builds to the same OP’d standard, to even removing the rune in question. I have to think what would the possible outcome be if such things were done. It is kind of like putting a dev hat on. And I have seen things in other MMOs along with other non MMOs that have been tried before and failed miserably. Also I must come to a conclusion based on how the game is designed. That is why I know that there are only a few things that could work and one that no doubt would work.

I have told you of the solution that I would use that would both kill the Bazooka build along with giving wizards what they want are builds that they don’t have to use a channeling skill in order to increase their damage. I guess you don’t mind wizards being stuck to using channeling skills to increase their damage.

Just be honest with me and answer this question. Would you like to see the day when wizards don’t have to rely on channeling to increase their damage for almost all of their viable push builds? A simple yes or no answer is all that I need.

You know that gear is what makes the build and there is no way around it. I wish it wasn’t the case and maybe for D4 it won’t be the case.

Am I talking to a brick wall?

At first I thought you were doing it on purpose, but now I see that you really don’t understand.

People reading this are watching your reality.
Aren’t you ashamed?

Go to the hospital for treatment before it’s too late.

You hate the fact that I am not your Yes Man/No Man. Where I instantly snap to attention agreeing with everything you and tell Blizz to hop to it and do what you are wanting in this very thread. Even though I know what the eventual outcome would be if they did such a thing.

You can’t take it when I stretch things in the extreme can you. You can’t take the truth. No, instead you want to keep twisting it to your own version of truth.

The fact will still remain that gear is what makes the builds. Not nerfing the biggest portion of what gives us the majority of our combat power when it is needed is dumb in the extreme. Sure nerfing a rune or redesigning it could kill the build.

But it won’t work nearly as effective as doing what I said that would be the true solution to the bazooka wizard. Change the channeling items to where they only buff channeling damage. Make new legendaries where Wizards can use non channeling skills without having to rely on the channeling items. Then make legendaries with abilities that would further support their channeling skills.

That handles bazooka as well as handling the problem of wizards needing to rely on channeling skills for almost all of their viable push builds.