@ Rage: Weapon Throw

Send him an in game friend request and message to find out!

You again, beat it will ya. I’m going to continue to not PM in the forum, because there is no such option. And if you don’t like then you can lump it.

1 Like

Go in the game, send him a friend request, talk to your hearts content. No more forum spam. Win/win for everyone.

Guy doesn’t accept friend request. It’s his choice. Just mute the thread and go on your merry way.

“Doesn’t accept friend request”. Sounds like a real peach and someone I’d ask for suggestions….

If you aren’t going to use Bloodshed, you’re going to need as much AD as you can possibly get.

AD isn’t affected by proc coefficient the way Bloodshed is, as long as the proc coefficient isn’t zero.

Also, you may want to move this thread over to the Barb forum, it’s more of a Barb thread than a GD thread anyway.

1 Like

I’ll just stop posting here and create a new thread in Barb forums after some testing.

You know how to move threads, right? It’s very easy.

You just click the edit button on the OP, and at the top, there should be a little drop down menu for which forum the thread is in, which should currently be General Discussion. Just click on that and select Barbarian, and the thread should move there.

2 Likes

Here’s the CoE + Aughild 2-piece in action:

3 Likes

That’s a nice clears, but do have to say that it seemed like you weren’t fully taking advantage of the Oculus ring until halfway through the rift, then you got more comfortable and less hesitant.

I do have an update on this glass cannon setup: I’m still on vacation, but I have a laptop that I can’t game on, but I was able find all the items for the testing. So for reference, I was able to proc Broken Promises without WotB every 1.5 seconds with a breakpoint of 8.5 frames (7.06 ASP) and with BP: Average Hits to Proc: 5.85. Now, in WotB mode (and the items I found) I can attain a breakpoint of 6 frames (10 APS). With WotB active Average Hits to Proc Broken Promises is 8.36. According to my math, the combined IAS% from items and WotB, which should be an Average Hits to Proc of 5.35, which is slightly better than 5.85 or a proc at every 1.35 seconds. Unfortunately, I only have a total of 139% AD.

The biggest single thing you can do to buff your damage is keep attacking the same elite. Staying in one spot and just pounding on a yellow mob will get you progression considerably faster than moving into an Oculus ring.

That’s because WT: Mighty Throw hits only one target, and you’ve got a ~7 frame WT. So it only takes about 4 seconds for Stricken to exceed the damage buff you get from Oculus. Of course, it’s better to do both! But, that’s just up to whether you’re lucky and have an Oculus ring spawn right near you / on top of you.

This setup is also a bit glassy, so you can’t just stand there and tank an arcane beam, or a whole stack of frozen explosions, you have to reposition to avoid them. So the overall priority is something like:

Stay alive → Keep targeting elite → Oculus

There are a few examples in this video of cases where I’m able to keep targeting the same yellow without many breaks: the skeletal summoner at 0:10 , the woolly beast at 4:30, and the wolf at 10:55. All of them die pretty fast. Compare that to the other elite fights where I have to reposition more, and you’ll see how much longer those other kills take.

2 Likes

My bad, after viewing the vid a second time, you actually played it as good as it could be played. In my defense :laughing:, I kept being interrupted by my toddlers (like four long interruptions and at different points in the vid).

I have couple more BP variants for you to checkout.

This one seems to match the damage output of Aughild/COE but is tanky:

WT BP/EW/BoM/Mortick’s (averaging 2.3 trillion in damage)

https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/406394713

This one is also a glass cannon, but has smoother gameplay (average damage output is 4 trillion, significantly less damage from the original glass cannon which is 6.6 trillion.

WT/CoE/BP/EW

https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/258188599

1 Like

Lol, I don’t know about that! But thanks for the compliment.

I wouldn’t dream too big about BP’s potential before you actually try it out. Sorry to say, I really think you’re going to be disappointed when you actually start “field testing”. I hope I’m wrong about that, but I don’t think that I am.

There’s a little issue with your d3planners here, which is that you don’t have WOTB active in the skills/effects section, which means you have less CHC in this planner than you actually would in real life, which means (irl) that you’d proc BP less often. And of course, you need to have WOTB active, otherwise you don’t get the IK6 bonus and you only do 1/41st as much damage.

Like I said before, if you want to try out BP, I really think you should stick to a LoN or LoD setup. There, you can avoid WOTB and keep your CHC at the minimum 5%.

1 Like

I hear ya. LoD will better than IK, but not by leaps and bounds. WotB will increase CHC from 5% to 15% (which is significant), but I really think that that this breakpoint of 6 frames (10 APS) will lessen the margin for error and/or this allow for a faster rebound. When BP doesn’t proc the damage output is 1.6 trillion which isn’t to shabby and when it does, the damage output will be 4x. Primarily testing (which wasn’t very thorough) showed that BP’s average proc rate was 4.3 seconds. According to my math, a breakpoint of 6 will reduce the average proc rate of 4.3 seconds by 57% which would make the average proc rate 1.8 seconds. How will that translate to average damage output, idk (math, head hurts, I don’t feel so well). I get my kicks from all this theory crafting. If it doesn’t pan out, meh, I’ve been down that road many a times.:slightly_smiling_face:

What about ditching BP completely to replace it for RoRG and setting the gears for IK5-Savage2 then grabbing Battle Rage for more damage? Just an idea.

Already did that, it’s good but it’s not great.

One of the big issues with that setup is that there’s no room on the bar for either Threatening Shout or War Cry. So two of the biggest assets tied to the H90 2-piece are left on the table. TS: Falter would be worth about 27% damage in this build, and WC: Veteran’s and its 60% dodge would be a big boost to defense. But there’s just nowhere to put them.

You need WotB and CotA to activate IK6. You need Weapon Throw to do damage, and then a spender, either Boulder toss or Rumble, to dump your fury and reset WotB. Then you need a skill to proc BoM and move around, usually FC: Merciless Assault. If you don’t have that, then you die, either because without BoM you don’t have nearly enough defense, or because mobs pin you in and then you get arcaned, moltened, or frozen to death.

That just leaves BR: Bloodshed, which is indeed a great skill to get doubled by H90. And, there’s the double damage to feared/frozen/stunned mobs, which you need freeze/stun rolls on your weapons/glove/belt to proc, and which represents an actual damage increase of about ~25%. But that plus doubled Bloodshed (worth maybe 20-25% damage or so, and combined with the stun bonus about +60% total) is less than you get from running CoE + Aughild 2 piece (about +95% damage total).

If two extra skill bar slots magically appeared, it would be a great setup. But there’s just no room.

IMO, the ranking of Weapon Throw setups (at least with IK, I haven’t played much with LoN/LoD) is:

#1: CoE + Aughild (2)
#2: Aughild (3) w/ RoRG + Witching Hour (or Blackthorne’s / Swamp Land Waders)
#3: IK(6)H90(2) i.e. what you’re suggesting
#4: Broken Promises something something- I think this may turn out to be OK, but less good than these other 3 options.

Oh, I almost forgot: I recorded a clear with that setup (IK + H90) back in the S26 PTR: Diablo 3- IK6H902 Weapon Throw - GR 117 - YouTube

2 Likes

Nice clear w/H90!

That glass cannon was bittersweet. When all buffs were up it was a sight to see, but with no DR :grimacing:.

Here’s another concept without BP, but with Squirt’s/F&R and follower wearing current and legacy Oculus ring (the heavy DR lets me sit in the ring, it’s just the way I like to play, I like the range aspect of WT).

https://maxroll.gg/d3/d3planner/532044946