@Rage: Ricochet

Again, I need to create an entirely new thread because of these ridiculous forum rules, oh well.

Before you move on :pensive:, I had a thought about Ricochet and Bloodshed. In density, per attack, there are four hits at 275% (4*275%=1100%), Bloodshed at 1100% (*20%) is an increase of 220% Blood damage per hit (assuming every hit is a crit). How far behind would Ricochet be from Mighty Throw 400% skill damage. And also assuming that the 1st will be on an elite.

And here another scenario, itā€™s very isolated, but a scenario nonetheless, and thatā€™s having a RG and an add and Ricochets between it and the RG, and the RG primarily is receiving 550% skill damage plus 220% Bloodshed. These moments can and do playout during gameplay and when they do, does Ricochet outperform Mighty Throw when they do?

Is it 4 hits or just 3? I kind of feel like the initial hit is treated as one of the 3 hits within ā€œone ricochetā€. Either of us could check in game or review some footage to see whether itā€™s 3 or 4.

For comparing Mighty Throw vs Ricochet regarding Bloodshed, donā€™t forget that Bloodshed is discounted by proc coefficient of the skill, which for Mighty Throw is 100% (i.e. no reduction), but for Ricochet is 33.3% (i.e. a 2/3 reduction).

So, if Ricochet hits 3 times, and crits every time, then it would be 2.75 * 3 * 0.2 * 0.33 = 0.5445 points of Bloodshed damage. Or at 4 hits it would be 0.726.

Mighty Throw would be 4.0 * 0.2 = 0.8 points of Bloodshed damage, so a little more. Plus, of course, you get the big benefit of being able to pile up all the Stricken stacks on just one target, whereas with Ricochet they will end up on multiple targets.

Thatā€™s why I think Mighty Throw is the best rune. But, Ricochet works fine too, it is only a little bit weaker, not a huge difference.

As for the Ricochet situation you mentioned with an RG and a single add, yeah he would take a bit more direct damage from Weapon Throw. But, heā€™d also accumulate Stricken only about 1/2 as fast, which would pretty much negate the benefits of any extra damage.

1 Like

Always bringing clarity, many thanks! Iā€™m playing this season and Iā€™m going see how far I can push WT!

1 Like