PSA, Charm inventory and you

This is only potentially a valid argument for the subset of players who fill everything at end game and farm with a cube. So why are we changing the feel of inv management for everyone when the issue is only for this thuper1337 subset? Why are you not suggesting this extra inventory be unlocked around lvl 93?

Please dont change the feel of inv choice for everyone.

1 Like

honestly if they wanted to make it you unlock a small piece of the non charm inventory every few levels that would 100% work.

as long as you realize were not adding “charm space” we’re adding “non charm space”. how much you want to add and when is an important discussion to have

1 Like

As long as you realize adding either a charm space or a non-charm space but with charms only usable in our original inventory is exactly the same result. And it’s the result everyone is resisting.

Actually, do you want non-charms to be storable in the original inventory as well as the new “non-charm inventory”? Because then we’d have even more inventory space for equipment. But you want only charms to be storable in our first inventory, while non-charms are storable in our non-charm inventory, right? So how is this not exactly the same thing as having a 4x10 non-charm inv and a 4x10 charm inv? This is too ridiculous.

I get youre just trying to convey to people we need more space for non-charms. But that gets to the original argument over whether or not we actually need more inv space, not this silly semantic argument. I say we do not need more inv space - maybe itd make some sense for lvl 93+ farmers, but no one else.

5 Likes

You have it all wrong, its not 2+1=3 its 1+2=3 get it right guys… lol

5 Likes

… ok… you clearly dont see the difference… let me spell it out for you

the base starting point is a 4x10 inventory that can be used for charms… we all know that.

under your senario… what are we adding?

you want to add a “charm inventory”

ok well that “charm inventory” HAS to be 4x10 because that’s the only size you can add to not affect balance, and then you also need to remove the ability to use charms from the old space.

if u start with a 4x10 and say " that is your normal inventory"
then u can literally add ANY size u want… 4x4 4x5,4x10…5x10 6x10 w/e you want… in any size increment u want… maybe u unlock a 4x1 space per 5 levels… however the heck u want to do it

because the space your adding cant be used for charms

if u tried to do it the other way

then you would start with an inventory you cant use charms in… so by lvl 30? you might only have access to 4x3 charms total… which is a drastic nerf to lvl 30 in the game right now which has access to 4x10 worth of charms at lvl 30. you are completely changing the balance to low level duels

if my lvl 45 u only have access to "4x5 worth of charms then you nerfed mid lvl duel skillers by half

the reason you start with a base 4x10 inventory and add space that “cant” be used for charms… is because in literally every single scenario except an exact duplicated 4x10 space from the start of the game, it DOES matter

1 Like

Wait, are you advocating for more inv space where we can store any non-charms? So if we chose to carry no charms, we could carry more equipment than 4x10? Because that’d obviously be an enormous departure from D2.

2 Likes

Yes under their system I think they’d have us running around with 80 inventory spaces.

Now we’re running into breaking travincal-selling into an enormous thing. Gold is already easily attainable, now we’re making it that much more attainable, with 80 slots to sell to vendors.

That much cash makes teleport charges much easier to sustain early ladder season, breaking the current system of farming and lowering the real value of JahBer early season.

Small changes can have big implications.

3 Likes

yes… thats how it works??? but u also dont need to add 4x10 more… u can add any amount… it could be 4x4, 4x5, 4x10 w/e it donest matter because now it no longer effects balance just QOL, because u dont need to worry about changing the amount of charms… in fact not even every mod uses the same amount. that’s the beauty of it.

as soon as u fix the issue of “we cant add more space because it would allow more charms…” then u can add any size u want.

1 Like

This is false, as you stated you never but once filled up your charm inventory which reflects to why you would be against this change, this is “your” preferred play style you and everyone that against it it seems

I fill my inventory right up before even getting to act 2 most of my inventory is filled with fhr res and some mild damage charms, I fill it with everything I can find and I am playing on vanilla, I’m a vanilla player, and I also joined my friend for two seasons on PoD(he is the number one assassins on the current ladder) and there was absolutely no change in how I played beside the fact that I could carry items with me now and that I had room for an item and tome worth of charm now in addition, it didn’t change much but it felt much better

I’m not the only one who plays like that in vanilla but it seems like a pattern of people against charm inventory which dictate they are either against charms as a whole or they just don’t utilize like most people do

no matter what happens I’m full of charms for the entire game, your point is invalid.

1 Like

So your playstyle is to reduce the difficulty of the game by running full inventory of charms but on the same hand you complain about the penalty of not have space left to pick up items and now you want the game to be changed in your favor of playstyle?

Its not that I never play with full inventory of charms but only if I feel the need to and this will be only a temporary solution until I found the items to remove some of the charms.

Please tell me now what do you think is the prefered playstyle of the majority of the d2 players? Yours or mine? Always full of charms or only when it is needed?
And what you think was the original thought of the d2 dev team on charm usage and inventory space? Your way to use charms or mine?
Charms were never designed to only be benificial in d2 - they come with a penalty of limited inventory space! A charm inventory would eliminate that and charms will become only benificial. And of cause you can’t see the issue with this because you always run with full inventory of charms ignoring the penalty in favor of a lower difficulty.

By the way how do you manage to get a full inventory full of the specific charms till act 2? Sometimes it takes me into nightmare or hell to reach that point (for sure not including all the low level charms that wouldn’t be realy benificial for the char)

5 Likes

This mechanic is part of the game, it was meant to be used.

having said that it’s easy too deduct that I’m not changing any difficulty by maximizing my efficiency, it’s like telling a successful person to stop working because he is already in good standing

matter is most people saying no to inventory charm are people not even utilizing it or against it entirely, not to mention playing on classic which means they can’t even use it

and for your question about how do I fill up my inventory so quickly is if you don’t get rushed and actually enjoy the experience and go through act 1 by yourself, you are most likely to be either full of useful charms or at least 2 thirds of the way, depending on rng of course, it also depends on your build, I usually stack on fhr for the start(very easy to find a few of those) resists for bosses and light for beetles and such(you can get enough resist for durial from pots) and you find some charms for certain types of damage sometimes which I keep on me if I don’t have anything better like frw or magic find, hope it covers your question

This sounds like an unreasonable assumption on your part.

Please provide statistics that back up your claim that most people who are against a charm inventory do not use it. It seems like you’re just making that up because you feel it benefits your argument.

1 Like

most certainly not, I am mentioning the people I have conversed with on this very topic, you are either welcome to enter the statistic and change it or scroll up and read the entire transcript and see it for your self

Fair enough, at least you admit you are basing your assumptions on mere anecdote.

Everyone I’ve ever met who plays LoD uses charms, so it seems likely to me some people want to make the game easier, and some do not. I think it’s your conjecture, and your conjecture only, that people would be against or for it for any other reason.

I am playing SP so what are you talking about getting rushed?
Can you not argue without insult your opponent?

“This mechanic is part of the game, it was meant to be used.” You are right and I am using the mechanic but I am also considering the penalty and I think about it and this leads me to a decission which charm I use and which I don’t use in favor of inventory space.
This is the real mechanic of charms!

1 Like

This is exactly it. If there were no tradeoff, charms become a sad, boring part of the game, a buff with no downside. It is the same as directly buffing +skills on items like shako, enigma, etc.

This game is not that hard, and still people are constantly asking to make it much easier.

4 Likes

please be my guest and try to follow me from my initial post down and see for yourself what i was referring to, here it is for you convenience:

no one insulted you, my explanation was general in nature and was not directed at any one person, you seem to be in a upset and it has nothing to do with what I do or say.

you just used the post before to make it sound like either one of us knows why the mechanic is there for and now you are assuming this is why the real charm mechanic is there for?

I have used charm inventory and I’m against it.

4 Likes

sounds good, want to elaborate on why and how long were you using it?