PSA, Charm inventory and you

and who are we? so you saying all people who want charm inventory want the same as you?

1 Like

YES… because if they don’t then you’re using the term improperly… because its already has a definition… just because you don’t know what it means doesn’t mean its not already defined.

you cant just arbitrarily redefine a term because you don’t like what it means, and then suddenly pretend “oh the definition is up for grabs now”.

Lets go with this. The cube takes up 4 slots and the book 2. Therefore, the max free space for charms is 34. You are suggesting 40. This would be character power creep for PvM.

40>34

4 Likes

so wher did i redefine please. show me

i bet he will say. you cant be sure 40>34 cause so and so :slight_smile:

This but I would still oppose it. At least this is reasonable. Swift thinks anything but exactly what he/she wants is the worst thing ever, and how dare you even suggest something different.

you are focusing on the individual spaces and ignore how they are spaced.

you will only fit 1 more skiller in becuase like i said, torch is taking up the space under cube
so in reality all you are fitting is
1 skiller, 1 sc and 1 lc, o
r 1 skiller and 3 SC

i mean i guess in theory you could go 3x lc as well no LD are easilly the lease efficient so realistically isnt done

the power form charms comes basially only from the skillers, and you are really only adding 1 skiller

yes that 1 skiller is a slight power increase, but it negaliable overall.

when considering the massive QOL everyone recives… not just people filed up on charms

not to mention it allows build that would otherwise never be viable becuase the skills just dont have enough scaling or synergies to at least be attempted in hell… this is a massive imprvment to people like me who after 10 years who doing the normal meta builds like to try to find some other builds they can try to get to work in hell.
something which is never done because to get them to work you NEED those skillers, and unlike the "meta builds that use skillers they “DONT clear efficiently”

the main reason u cant lower to 36 or 34 or w/e u want is because mid lvl dueling uses 10x skillers. mid is completly balanced around that fact and its why it started at lvl 45 because thats the req for skillers. and because by the time u get torch and anni its HLD. i dont need to worry about that. so you actaully do run 10x skillers

and like i said before adding a small tiny thing is a much smaller chage than taking AWAY stuff from people

1 Like

ALL Bilds workes in hell. you can even doo it naked.

1 Like

I would be ok with that idea as I said earlier, although, do you really think it necessary to give 34 slots instead of just 40 in this scenario?

34 might be considered a nerf and 40 might be considered a buff, both cases something is being giving up

2 Likes

I was clear that I was talking PvM of more experienced characters. The issue is the amount of “maximum free space” in the character inventory is less than 40 in PvM for higher level characters. Your suggestion is powercreep for those characters.

You even acknowledge the extra charms that can be carried.

its not only about you have the charms. also that you can keep alot of items also= more boost for pvp and pvm.=not QOL

To Quote Hannah Montana. you want the best of both worlds

1 Like

if pvp is the issue, with arenas in talk you might be able to have some hard coded rule into match’s, other then that I just see it as adding to the pvping scene, the balance that is most important to keep is for pvm, pvp is always evolving no matter how many years pass, its not only about builds its about skill

1 Like

You can argue all you want, but unless you want a nerf, 10x4 should remain as an option for this “Charm Inventory” space where only charms inside that space count towards your toons stats.
Just because not everyone currently uses all 40 slots for charms, does not mean they shouldnt have the option to.
I personally leave the last 8 slots on the left for loot, and 2 slots for the TP Tomb, everything else is charms if I have the charms.
But just because thats how I play, does not mean it needs to be meta for everyone. Play how you want. If you want to have 40 space of charms and carry your TP scrolls on your belt, that should be an option to you.

IF, and I mean IF a QOL adjustment is to be added, and Ill premise by saying it would not matter to me, Im good with the way it is but I will enjoy extra loot space if its given to me by Blizzard.
IF its added, only the 10x4 at the bottom should count for charm stats, and then IMO you should only add a 3x10 above it so you are forced to leave atleast 2 spots from the charm inventory if you want to pick up a 4x item such as a staff.

1 Like

No, because this will result, as explained probably 50 times already, in people hoarding every charm they get from level 1 and filling up their charm inventory. The charm inventory would for most people already be filled by level 30, and then proceed to change the charms for better ones. This will make the game easier, because peoples stats will always be higher through the game. Noone i know fills their inventory with charms, because it isn’t needed. Also, imagine the impact on economy this would have if absolutely everyone is looking to fill up their “charm inventory, or dedicated charm space” with skillers?

It will also give players the possibilty to carry a full inventory of potions with them aswell, which also would make the game easier to an extent.

I have played this game on and off for 19 years on closed.battlenet, and i have only filled my entire inventory with charms once, just to try it, and i never bothered getting it again because it isn’t needed and the impact on my ability to pick up loot. Usually i just run with torch, anni, mf charms and resist charms that is self found. Which usually is about 4x3 squares of space.

If a dedicated charm space is introduced, i know how it would change that for me, and how it would make the game easier for me, and i don’t like it.

2 Likes

Enjoy migrating to your mod that makes the game easier by implementing your charm inventory and other buffs, it won’t happen on bnet.

5 Likes

When everyone has +13 skill points, the skill points mean nothing. You literally spent hours on end to gain those skill points to be on the same playing field as others. Your power level would be comparable to a person on classic without any charms.

You’re just grinding, for the sake of grinding. That’s it. It’s just an extra milestone to meet comparted to classic. But you don’t really gain anything unique, just the same things… Plus inconvenience…

12 skills points and 26 skill points are basically the same, when everyone has that cap. The big difference is 12 skill points isn’t more than your character can invest into an ability, where 26 skill points is more than your character can invest into an ability.

How about making the cube not occupy the inventory, but a separate window like the skills tab?

1 Like

We can use whatever definition we want to use.

When you want to understand an argument from another person, you can easily ask them their definition and position on an argument. You’re too concerned with correcting people and expecting them to use the same language as you.

My definition > Charm Inventory : An inventory dedicated exclusively to charms.

1 Like

Swiftkitten is literally the only person I’ve ever heard describe a charm inventory the way they do.

It is absolutely a ridiculous argument, as I’ve played hundreds of different Arpgs, during none of which have a ever run into a player who has ever described a charm/idol/etc inventory as anything other than an inventory for those items.

3 Likes

It’s very odd. Some of the games that use charm inventories.

Last Epoch, Hollow Knight, Dishonored, Rainbow Six, etc…

1 Like