Proposal to change the seasonal theme

Hello everyone, I apologize for my English, I am writing from a translator.

The new seasonal theme looks almost useless, too few builds can afford permutations in the Kanai cube in such a way that it becomes at least a little profitable. Almost all the slots of the cube are all painted and many things are irreplaceable. Many players, including myself, at first understood the seasonal theme as having 9 legendary effects in a cube (3 weapons + 3 armor + 3 jewelry) and such a theme would be incredibly interesting in terms of the variety of builds of all classes, but it did not bring would have a strong imbalance. For example, the theme of season 19 strengthens all classes by 15 - 20 levels of the great portal, this really was too much. Therefore, I propose to change the seasonal theme to the ability to use 3 weapon slots together with 3 armor slots and 3 jewelry slots. If all the same it seems too strong, then at least 2 properties can be made instead of 3. Such changes will bring much more interest to play in the season, including those that will give pleasure to those characters who have not received anything new in patch 2.6.8. I hope many will agree with me.

739 Likes

Completely agree. After such a wonderful 19th season, this new buff looks very boring and weak. As an option, you can also simply add one more multislot to a cube, or do it like with double goblins: put two altars with cubes near Zoltan Kul (one can be made with another design, for example a ghost), in which there will be three additional free slots for legendary affixes. I think it’s not very difficult to do, but the effect will be amazing.

66 Likes

I misread the buff as that also. The buff will make Z-builds pretty un-killable since you can cube 3 immunity amulets and wear a 4th.

I do think that a poison nova necro build will have to be considered for a bazooka replacement since you can cube / equip Shadowhook, Bloodtide, Scythe of the Cycle and Nayr’s giving you a lot of multipliers to Death Nova. You’ll have to rely on the zmonk to keep you alive and the zbarb to pull packs, but it looks pretty strong on paper.

7 Likes

Yeah, 9 kanai cubes are amazing for the season theme.

3 interchangeable kanai cube is weak and underwhelming for season theme.

The 4th kanai slot is better season theme than what we got now.

30 Likes

+1. I completely agree with the author.

23 Likes

Oh yeah!
I’m totally, definitely, fully, unconditionally , irrevocably agree with Undertaker!
We beg all Blizzard team to do something more significant and exciting.
Upcoming PTR will became epic fail if players will get only Dev’e proposed Seasonal buff.

17 Likes

++++++++++

please, Devs, put second (and maybe third) Cube in town! :slightly_smiling_face: :blush: :yum:

12 Likes

+1 signed

5 Likes

This crossed my mind too. Your literally swapping out something crucial to your build for another potential crucial power. This isint really more power, your replacing damage for another damage, or defense for another defense, idk. Would love if they made it more interesting, but its obvious that D3 team doesnt care about us, they just do whatever the hell they want and hope that we like it. Most of our suggestions are just thrown straight to their trash bin, very little of community’s suggestions to improve the game are actually implemented in game, so sad.

11 Likes

I completely agree with this, Blizzard please make 9 cube powers usable instead of just 3 variants.

9 Likes

Or 2 weapons + 2 armor + 2 jewelry.

15 Likes

245 likes on 9h post with 10 reply? Something is not right here…
Back to the topic, I think we should wait for the PTR to test what they have on the table first. And having 2+ legendary effects for each cube slot would probadly be too much power.

3 Likes

++++
Twentieth anniversary season. Give us power)

8 Likes

Completely agree. +1 signed.

5 Likes

I agree, the new buff is weak. At least, I sincerely believe that the seasonal buff should affect all the “periods” of the game and do not see the effective use of this buff in the endgame.

The option with 6 legendary properties sounds more interesting. Why not 9? In my opinion, 9 properties can imbalance certain aspects of the game. Suppose option
in three amulets with “absorb the elements” is possible here, plus 3 weapons and armor. Two properties for each section of the cube would be more balanced. But such a buff will require not only intervention in the game code, but also a redesign of the interface. Two questions arise here: are Blizzard ready to spend so much effort for one season and is it possible to introduce such a buff without strong intervention?

And in the end, I will offer another option on this topic, not too smart and JUST FOR SHOW. Add an unequal gain to all three slots of the cube, say 25% - weapons, 100% - armor, 50% - jewelry. I will explain why not equal. The weapon already has a strong gain, 100% for Aquila Cuirass or an additional reduction in time for Quetzalcoatl - interesting, but 2-3 times amplification of the Convention of Elements or Manald Heal … sounds scary. This option requires a lot of tests, because it can influence the balance too much (Fazula’s Improbable Chain) or not affect it at all (Sacred Harness), but it will allow you to think about the issue of re-arranging items in some builds for the sake of such amplification.

P.S. Sorry for the English curve, I am writing with the help of a translator.

4 Likes

It’s all right! Simply other language groups forced to write on English-Language forum for on other corny ignore!

3 Likes

It was posted late at night…
So, come on - wake up!
Make this topic visible for Dev and @Nevalistis

Yes, we are!
We also want to be heard.
Undertaker is one of math and theory guru in our community

10 Likes

Completely agree. +1 signed.

5 Likes

Devs, if you have decided not to change anything in the season’s buff, please reduce at least the cost of cube recipes this season! plz add this change to season buff :grinning:

for example:

REFORGE LEGENDARY OR SET ITEM - Law of Kulle

Item+3KR+3CN+3AWT+3CAF+3WHW+30FS
instead
Item+5KR+5CN+5AWT+5CAF+5WHW+50FS

UPGRADE RARE ITEM - Hope of Cain

Item+15DB+30RP+30AD+30VC
instead
Item+25DB+50RP+50AD+50VC

CONVERT SET ITEM - Skill of Nilfur

Item+5DB+5FS
instead
Item+10DB+10FS

and others…

3 Likes

Its a shame that this topic already had 300+ likes and somone decided to report on it!
Who is this valiant game fan!?
Show yourself! “The country must know the heroes!”

3 Likes