Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey (mrllamasc)

dumpsterfire that was Hex charms/ occy rings, etc.

Again that is glitched items, dupers, this is not a personal issue.

Occy Rings and hacked items are imports from closed bnet, security has nothing to do with shared loot and bottingā€¦

The economy will be healthier than itā€™s EVER been just because duping alone will be almost completely gone. Better bot detection that D2 as it is now as well.

Give the game a chance, I have a feeling the economy will be more than good enough with the remaster as is.

Iā€™m a realistic optimist.

Itā€™s an idea of what an economy looks like when cheating runs rampant. Doesnā€™t really matter what that cheating is, though you are correct only in the speed in which it ruins said economy.

None of these factors you brought up can be controlled or changed with personal loot, that is why I am arguing against you, if you bring up a point which does apply to how personal works I would love to talk or discuss it.

Thatā€™s not true at all, hacked items were still extremely rare and valuable. They had no impact on other items at all.

The largest issue was duping high runes and socketing them into runewords. This will no longer be an issue, this game has the potential to have the healthiest D2 economy of all time.

Iā€™m more than happy to give them a chance.

I actually have argued numerous times on this forum, that I am fine with shared loot only on release. You can check my post history on that :smiley:

I am also a person who understands that botting is going to cause a lot of players to leave this game, and that blizzard needs to have every tool at their ready.

I believe one of these tools is the implementation of personal loot, and Iā€™m fine if it takes a year of complaints to get it.

I want a release as close to possible as D2 with less cheats, and if a separate realm is how blizzard chooses to maintain that, Iā€™m okay with that too.

Hacked items werenā€™t rare when I was around, people handed them out like candy on lots of occasionsā€¦I had mules and mules full of hacked and duped gear.

Ok, fair. Though when you say,

, it looks as if youre suggesting Llama doesnt want these changes so his personal pro presence will be unaffected. Anyway, ok. People obviously need to evaluate the credibility of what they hear and read. But this is why I responded to you in the first place ā€“ to say Llamaā€™s perspective is definitely not only relevant to hardcore MFers - it totally aligns with a casual playerā€™s view like mine as well. So OK, MrLlama still has a valid perspective for more than the speedrunners, cool.

1 Like

How would it not?

Forcing a bot to go to a private game will absolutely cause drop rates for said bot to decrease.

8 bots canā€™t farm a game as efficiently as 8 separate bots farming 8 public games.

The botting is also more difficult when you get 8 bots running private games together, much easier to be detected.

It sounds like you are forming your own conclusions and your opinion is just as valid as anyone else who has played and loved this game, myself and mrllama included.

Iā€™m a optimist realistic :wink:

I would agree but that almost only counts for baal runs, almost all other bot runs will be done solo with or without personal loot, itā€™s just how the math adds up. Baal bots with pickit were just a treat, drop rates are meh compared to what the bot could be doing. They just wonā€™t run those bots.

a single meph bot running 2-3 min games will come out with 1/5th to 1/3 of an inventory of decent items. No need to run any public games to change any economy chances. Other popular runs are having a bot join public games and hit up the kurast chests or some other simple action, again personal does not change this action.

Controls and protections do.

I agree with you that botting will not be eliminated by personal loot being an option.

I believe they should do all those things you mentioned, in addition to adding personal loot as an option, because it will lessen the impact.

Not once have I said bots canā€™t run LK, of course they can.

Hereā€™s another great post explaining why/how changes are bad. This goes over why Personal-loot changes literally make things worse for everyone involved in an objective way:

2 Likes

That post you linked makes the mistake of equating access to loot as acquiring loot. Also, the numbers in the OP in that thread you linked neglects to account for monster hp increasing to 450% in 8 player game and that the party can do 8X the damage.

When this is taken into account, you can see how the table changes.

2 Likes

ofc they want ffa loot, they plan to make $$ selling items online: PL will ruin their profits. we canā€™t have that! /s

2 Likes

A different take.

2 Likes

Uch, Iā€™d hate playing Dbrunskiā€™s D2R. Itā€™d be so different from D2. Isnā€™t D2R primarily supposed to feel and play like D2?

1 Like

Did you play 1.09? The game was super different then and was still Diablo 2.

1 Like