Proper reaction to the Reddit Survey (mrllamasc)

Ridiculous points abound in this forum… so any change is justified because the product has changed in some way in the past? Ugh.

MrLlama’s point is so important to remember. The game will cease being Diablo 2 with all these little buffs. They change too much, which is the point, itty BittyRaptor.

4 Likes

People usually resort to name calling when they know they’ve lost the argument.

Certainly not the case here. Hey I can do this too - people usually focus on some tangential issue when they “know they’ve lost the argument.” What a great discussion. But sorry to hurt you, I’ll amend my light poke.

Anyway, enough of this. The important point is MrLlama’s warning about all these changes. They’ll really mess with what makes D2 D2.

I think the reason these mods are popular is D2 has some BOTS.

1 Like

Dbrunski’s just want what he is playing, and thats it mods. so he should just keep playing thos imo

2 Likes

I disagree. A charm inventory makes more choices. A person with a full inventory of +1 skill charms would make the game easier. Why? Because you stacked the hell out of those charms and overpower pretty much everything.

A horadric cube like charm inventory would be limited, as it would force you to choose the charms you use more wisely. It would actually make the choices harder. You can’t just abuse the fact you can use your entire inventory for an absurd boost.

People with charm inventories can still keep charms in their inventory to switch out on the fly, rather then go to town. Just like the amazon keeps a few quivers for more arrows. Just like people keep books for Town Portal and Identify.

You can also see the things they can do with that, just look at Last Epoch as an example. They made a similar charm inventory, to what D3 was thinking about adding.

Last Epoch : Idol Inventory

Now we’re talking balance changes, which I hope they would do a separate realm for.

With proper mod support you can get your mod the way you want it with all the changes.
I am sure PD2 will make their mod there too.

Literally the playerbase will decide what they want to play. It’s pointless to fight in this forum. Just let them release 1.14d and mod support.

1 Like

You can’t mess up the game experience by adding content, because if you don’t like it, just play the old content. It’s that easy. Makes perfect sense to me.

He specifically says that major content or balance changes should be confined to a third character creation option, he called it modern.

It’s only purists that want to confine everyone into the exact same limited 1.14 only world. Most people asking for changes are perfectly fine with them being separated so that 1.14 purists can still play 1.14 forever if that’s all they want to do.

Mods are nice, but an official Blizzard update on official Blizzard servers would always have substantially larger participation than a random offline mod or private server run by potentially questionable people.

2 Likes

Alright, I agree with separate servers or a hard separation between players using a bunch of these new changes and those who are playing D2R as-it-was-announced. I think it gets dicey very quickly when everyone’s together and there are so many toggles, but hard separation would be totally fine.

I agree that if many big changes are to be implemented, a separate realm or two are warranted.

There’s also a few I think are quite minor and shouldn’t need the separation.

Skills and item changes definitely need a new realm.

Yes it was so unsucessfull that blizzard is still running server for it because people still play it after 20 years LMAO. Hundreds of mods created by fans, yes so bad game.

If this game was no success, I wonder why people are still playing it 21 years after the game was released.

Also, If this game was dead. Why are a Diablo 2 remaster on It’s way?
If it was dead, It would have been pointless making a Remaster of the game.

Second expansion of Diablo 2 was designed…

Why didn’t it reach production? Brevik expain it came down to several reasons, rather than one overriding one. “I designed it about 6-12 months before I left,” he explains to another fan. “This is one of the reasons it was never made. It was before the 1.10 patch (in terms of timeline). We were also working on our version of Diablo 3 at the time, plus another unannounced project.”

Diablo 3, the deleted project in 2005.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-ii/diablo-2-dlc-2

1 Like

You are the same type of troll that will call diablo 3 an abomination when it is one of the best selling games all time, it will live just as long, and have its niche dedicated audience for years to come. If popularity mattered diablo 3 is miles ahead of diablo 2, its getting a remaster because it is a cheap graphics overlay project, how much do you think this is going to cost blizzard to skin the game? Hundreds of mods is a reach, hundreds of hacks maybe. only a handful of mods are even used, and only a handful of modded versions are played. You can quit pretending there are millions playing this game, its a niche audience.

2 Likes

I think some forget that Blizzard/GoG redid Diablo 1/ Hellfire. As far as I know, this decision was not based on Diablo 1 having a dedicated fan base for 20 years. Hence, I think in the diablo universe we can not conclude that a dedicated fan base correlates with reissuing an old game.

Only reason for that is because of older brothers who were so famous. Number of sold copied doesnt show how good it is as game in long run. It has less stuff to do than diablo 2, it will die faster.

We will see about that… I dont think so.

You cant even compare popularity like that when 20 years back had world lower gaming population.

You have no clue how much does it cost to make remaster so dont pretend you know.

You are forgetting still huge single player base.

1 Like

I respect his ability to run about naked and speed run the game but not to decide for me what my opinions and points of view are lol.

He gave his opinion, not yours. It is upt to others to decide to take his opinion as a reference or not, as well as yours or mine.

What i respect from him is the deep knowledge of the game mechanics and the love for the game he shows in his videos.

3 Likes

That’s not what’s happening here, if it was that would be fine. People are waving his opinion about because he doesn’t support changes to the game for the most part as if that’s some sort of proof they are right.

It’s not its just an opinion and carrys no more weight than anyone elses its as simple as that and btw diablo 2 is a simple game…

How this guy has managed to make some sort of income playing it in front of an audience is amazing. D2R is a godsend for this guy its more content for him more videos streams and income… but in that video he says at one point he will go back to playing D2 if certain changes happen.

Lama debrunski etc I’ve seen their content, I’ve watched them both on twitch and youtube in the past. I respect the fact they know what they are talking about when it comes to this game but in this situation I respect your opinion as much as theirs… or anyone else’s on this forum.

We are all the same compost heap bro.

1 Like