Plssssss blizzard, give monk more love

I’m a monk main, i’ll love if u guys give the monk the “REAL MONK POWER”, I’m tired of be a old guy spinning my staff across the map, I want to be the real monk.

We need more love and buffs, not on that supid old staff guy, we need more buffs on the real monk fighter build, generator or uliana, we need more buffs to be the old crazy fighter monk.

I’ve some ideas that I think be the best way to bring the monk back to life.

First of all, we need more survive on bot of these builds, uliana and generator.
U guys can put some survive affix on 4 pieces on Uliana, like, for every enemy hit with Seven-Sided Strike u get a % of dam red like the Binding of the Lost, and give news functionality to the belt, like any % of explosiv palm dam or even better, Exploding palm now gain the efect of every rune and deals % more dam.

Second, we have a lot of stupid and useless itens for monk, like
Madstone, theres no use for this now, unless u guys put some buff like Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm and now for every enemy with Exploding palm u gain % of attack speed

And u guys need buff the 6 pieces uliana too, we can’t compete with the other classes unless we get a big buff for this build

And for Generator we need more survive too

First u guys need to buff the 4 pieces of Raiment of a Thousand Storms. Dashing Strike spends 75 Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does and gives u a % of dam red for S after use, at least 50% of dam red, and i guess u guys can nerf the 75 spirit for like 40.

Second, this BAND OF THE RUE CHAMBERS iten is useless, no ones care about the spirit %, u guys can change this for some GENERATOR buffs, like, Your Spirit Generators do % more dam.

Kekegi’s Unbreakable Spirit is useless, no ones use this item, so give this item some generator func. to be more useful.

Flying Dragon can be buffed too, more % do proc and give more generator dam too

And u guys need to buff the 6 pieces too, it’s too bad now and we love this build, I love more than the old guy build, bring the “TRUE MONK” back

sorry for any mistake, I’m from brazil and my english sucks

3 Likes

BAND OF THE RUE CHAMBERS
-increases spirit generation by 35-50%
-damage also increase by 350- 500%

Spirit guards

• damage reduction 65-80%
  • damage increase by 350-500%

Fist of Legend and Relentless Assault
-Drains spirit
-But at near full spirits damage increases by 20,000%

Easy solo 150

Here’s some lore for you - he’s not old - he shaves his head.

Tonsure (/ˈtɒnʃər/) is the practice of cutting or shaving some or all of the hair on the scalp as a sign of religious devotion or humility. … Current usage more generally refers to cutting or shaving for monks , devotees, or mystics of any religion as a symbol of their renunciation of worldly fashion and esteem.

Agree

I only play with monk, so it would be great some love for us Blizz…

You should buff WoL to pair close/similar to TR, and some thougness item would be great too, so tired to use unity in solo and not be able to play in group for the lack of survivality

I totally agree with you. I’m also a real monk (not a healer) and we have so much nice builds with so many bugs.
I wrote a thread one year ago and all is still true, see here

Also some feedback on monks with new ptr patch see here:

Lets cry for something better for monks, def is a huge thing, offense can easily be adjusted but the bugs are so damn aweful

I like comparing gen to barb frenzy
uliana with mundu wd build
wol with GoD or multishot

so those should be able to play similar high. also in group play monk should be viable!

2 Likes

I agree everything you say. But to be honest I do not think blizz dev will listen/care too much about Uliana and Gen set for this PTR. I do see many monk players are requesting these changes. I feel we should keep punching on what we have in this PTR, stressing the lack of damage and damage reduction of these items.

Let us focus more on Inna, Gungdo gear and shenlong since these are the items that the devs are making the change.

For example, I really wish they remove the spirit draining from shenlong or at least reduce the amount greatly.

Also the inna can have some DR built into the 4-piece. It is very squishy now.

For the gungdo gear, maybe also add a 1-2% DR per enemy affected by EP would be good

Start making a thread about shenlol (no spirit drain and maybe some DR because gen builds are squishy)
Make another thread about gungdo, i like this idea of DR per active EP a lot :smiley: Fits nicely into the build. Maybe 6-8% dr per enemy up to 10 stacks or so