Monk uliana gungdo gear need way more dmg

New gungdo buff is not enough at all. Make it 300-500 % this set needs to be a set u want to use. It works so well together its just too weak.

10 Likes

And damage reduction on ulianas set… and fix mythic rythem snap shot mechanic.(its a pain)

12 Likes

SSS base damage still needs huge increase in damage

7 Likes

Could just take flow of eternity’s 100% dmg too sss and bump it up to 600-700%.

To solve the weak sss dmg.

(Maby also give 100% dmg to sss on Lions claw.)

5 Likes

I6U4 would LOVE that!

2 Likes

That build is a blast, would love it if it became viable again.

5 Likes

Agreed. Also the lack of Damage Reduction is the bigger issue here. You can try using Unity but thats like only for Solo play with your follower, you’d rarely see it used by more than 1 player in groups. I want to bring this into group play.

1 Like

Hello, tested a bit- rly hard build for laggy ptr servers- i think to have it on similar lvl (a bit lower then tempest rush builds) the gungdo bonus has to be 350-450,

and its still much harder to play, then tempest rush styles

i dont think you need rly damage reduction on this build, a healing bonus (lps) for set i would prefer- if u play it right its not a build , where you are permanently fighting and u can dodge a lot, but getting life back is not so easy

Agree for the Gungdo at 350-450
Disagree about toughness. An unicity build is NOT a build

Actually, IMO a perfect fix for this set would be to move the damage reduction from the belt (Binding of the Lost) to 4 piece Uliana bonus. This would open the set to combine with Captain Crimson’s Trimmings. As for the toughness of this set goes, I leave it to judge it by this: I cannot survive 2 arcane laser beams going through me with 4.7k fully augmented good eq Uliana monk, but can survive 2 arcane laser beams going through bone spear necro with Masquerade of the Burning Carnival. Not to mention that it’s very hard to do 120 with Uliana monk, while I could do 126 with Bone Spear necro on the first try…

5 Likes

Yeah and the mechanics of the belt, stacks needs to be added up to 14 eg. I lije the idea of getting defense bonus on uli set. Then only the ep benus needs to be greatly lifted. In my eyes that build should be similar to mundu set of wd (from dmg and toughness point of view)

1 Like

Just a heads up for blizzard:

Uliana is so old and never was reworked, it doesnt even have the generic 50% toughness multiplier on it that every set use to have nowadays.

And the mythic rythm is just a bad mechanic because it doesnt apply to the EP of the (2) set bonus of ulianas.
So, you have to attack with generators to gain ma mythic rythm but then theres BAD EPs all around. So you build up EP on a single mob somewhere, hope for it to finally expire without hitting anything (because it would spread) then applying in manually to a smaller trash group and seven sided strike them in the hopes of this spreading the mythic rythm buffed EP. If it expires, rince repeat.

And afaik it even snapshots a Powerpylon. So, powerpylon on the entrance to a good map = WIN. The whole stage youre gonna do 400% more damage than ud normally do.
If no powerpylon at the entrance of a good rift = LOOSE. Close the rift and hope for a godly one.

Thats NOT fun to play at all.

EP should be dynamic.
EP then should be buffed by ALOT to compensate for this shiddy snapshotting. Otherwise its OP for everyone fishing and complete garbage for 99% of all casual players.
EP and especially its set ulianas need Toughness.

9 Likes

Well written.
Surely one important thing would be to gein MR automatically on the U2-p Palm, I mean it is released after a 3rd hit with the gen. And of course it should be dynamic, power pylon snapshotting yields in fishing at its best.
But besides that: Uliana needs more def and off.

5 Likes

Uliana SSSEP weakness is toughness. Ofc its been left behind in damage by powercreep also but thats an easy fix.

It needs more toughness otherwise its useless. Easy way imo is to undo the old nerf to CD on SSS. It used to start the CD the moment u pressed the skill. That was nerfed and now it only starts CD after the SSS is finished. Leaving u vulnerable whilst waiting those few seconds.
ofc that still doesnt fully fix the issue of being so squishy when moving around, but its a start.

I finally ran a 110 (without changed gungdo) on ptr (so dmg wise its 5 lvl stronger) in round 13 mins. Damn, i died so often, that is not fun. Clearly a defesive buff is needed here. For group play you can add eso or so but heck, that cant be true. Even mr bonus is hard to keep. The set is most funny of all but hell thats a hard one to master. Dmg wise its round 15 lvl under current tr for me (best a 133).

Look your cube, gungdo is patched ^^

I know, have no good spirit guards