Please put PERSONAL LOOT

I have not seen one viable counter argument to ploot. I’m told that a timed loot assignment system would split the community; and then in the very next sentence I’m told to make my own private game for MFing.

3 Likes

Ah, the great ploot hope.

They’re not putting it in for launch guys but it’s coming.

First patch, they’re just fixing the major bugs, we were never going to get ploot on the first patch.

Second patch, what is Blizzard doing? Why are they dragging their feet? They know how important ploot is to my social media scrolling.

Third patch, okay Blizzard where is my ploot I’m getting angry.

Five patches more…

C’mon guys, let’s go play D4. Blizzard clearly doesn’t care about us!

Lies, I have explained why ploot is a terrible feature an not even supposed to exist in a remaster many times.

Not one of your arguments was viable, valid, or sound. Please provide one that is.

1 Like

You’re full of it an a troll. You have no rebuttal.

You have yet to present an argument. I’m waiting and all you have are words describing these arguments qualities.

Just saying it’s up there somewhere doesn’t count

1 Like

Eh, there is at least as many anti-ploot posts, made by a similar sized group of people, with the whole thing having become a silly back and forth.

I’d gladly go into arguments about the system. Sadly not many people interested in it, so these discussions mostly happen between the ploot-supporters now.
Which can also be interesting.
In the end, the goal here is not to convince anti-plooters that their opinions are wrong. That would be a pointless exercise.
For the most part it is about, in order of importance:

1. Discussing ploot and how it could work
  2. Clear up misconceptions and disinformation
  3. In rare cases, genuinely discussing pros and cons of ploot

I have had a few nice discussions of the third type. Which was great. But they are the exceptions.

Hehe, yeah, that is quite something…

Saying that Ploot can happen, is not the same as saying it will happen.

Majority of ploot comments are commented by those forum users.

I’m still waiting on a counter argument.

1 Like

This again… it’s funny how all the people “Pro Ploot” say the exact same thing, yet ignore all the posts already made rebutting it.

In my opinion, from the most egregious ramifications first:

1. It takes away player agency. Besides the engaging scramble of trying to grab loot first (which many of us enjoy) you would no longer necessarily even have to try to get loot, just follow other’s runs and get guaranteed 1/8 the loot. Watch Netflix while sitting in Baal runs & in enough time, Griffons and HRs will eventually be yours just for leeching.

2. Its easy to abuse and greatly benefits players who buy multiple CD keys. Every player gets guaranteed 1/8 the loot? Nice ill buy 4 CD keys and bring in 4 boxes to AFK in baal/chaos runs and get half the drops! D2 just became a little more pay-to-win.

3. It hurts the atmosphere by removing the sense that we are all playing in the same “world”. eg. That Shako that dropped was there for everyone to witness and have an a chance at obtaining. I felt like this grounded the game in a certain realism.

4. Say for example that I am running public Baal runs. If I’m teleporting and doing most of the carrying, I expect at least the chance to grab any of the loot that drops. With Personal Loot, that option is removed. I only get 1/8 of it and am automatically removed from 87.5% of the drops.

5. Say for example I’m running Private Baal runs. It is easy to find a group of players who acknowledge they only want to leech for XP and agree to give me drops in exchange for the carrying them. This is a common occurrence and is mutually beneficial. If someone disagrees with the arragement I can make a new PW’d game and not invite them. Private loot removes this mutual agreement and trade of XP for loot that players often partake in.

1 Like

And how does this affect the game for anyone not using the mode? Yes we have established that in one mode you get guaranteed loot and in the current you do not. The question is how does this affect the game for anybody who does not use ploot mode?

How does somebody you don’t know, getting guaranteed loot, affect you at all?

Do you know what a Ladder is?

1 Like

Are you suggesting that people using the ploot mode will be competitive for the first thousand ladder spots in doing so. That the new min/max will include ploot mode? Lol

Make your point. Don’t make me try to guess the point.

I’ll requote it since you didn’t read it an just asked the same question again.

That’s just a wordy way of saying ploot will change the meta because there will be two different ways of playing instead of one. I don’t think you know what meta means. If min/max is not changed, the meta is not changed. This is irrelevant to min/maxing.

Please repeat your posts to the roof tops.

Also there is no discussion on ploot. He shut down his mistake of tweet pretty quickly.

1 Like

he doesn’t understand what min/max means it’s not his fault

2 Likes

This is exactly why I hardly bother. The denial is strong.

Okay, you’re trolling. 1 Mode is superior to the other by design. Ploot is a easier game mode #fact by design. It’s no longer an option to players trying to remain competitive. A good optional feature is not one that eliminates the core game design. Nobody trying to remain relevant in non premade games would be able to use FFA. You’ve eliminated that integral part of the game by adding ploot.