Please nerf ww rend barb, it is much stronger than chantodo wizard before nerf

I asked of these possibilities their relative likelihood in your mind. All may be possible but some in your mind must be more likely than others. I was asking for your assessment.

The non-season current era gives a clear idea of current/pre-nerf Chantodo power. Chantodo power post-nerf will obviously be less than pre-nerf.

The PTR clearly show a 140 can be cleared by ww/rend in the absence of an equipped FoT. He also used non-ancient shoulders without an augment (obviously) and had the wrong rune for one of his skills.

I am limiting the discussion to non-season only that is NOT affected by the seasonal buff.

One augment at 150 is 750 str. A 10.7k paragon player has what? 50k mainstat? 1.9% damage and 200 extra vitality from shoulders. This really doesn’t add up to x2 damage but let’s say it does.

Post nerf chantodo is 3.5 gr weaker but with working squirt, so 3 gr considering how common ground effects are. That’s 141 or even 142 post nerf (2:30 is huge margin in darkpatator’s clear). Not exactly the weakest build in the game.

Next season=next patch, during the pointless discussions on next ptr/patch. I agree that NS is the only reasonable way to compare builds, but the entire discussion on rend is highly speculative at the time being.

1 Like

You wizzie and dh players are pretending to be stupid because you know barbarian won’t be #1, even with the buffs. Stop trolling, stop wasting our times. Be honest for once

2 Likes

I think we can agree on at least this:

The current PTR ww/rend build will be stronger than any build for crusaders, DH, monks, necromancers (with the thorns nerf), and witch doctors.

It appears that pre-nerf wizards were clearly overpowered as illustrated in the linked thread below.

My earnest point is that the game designers need to be careful about making another outlier, especially in light of them nerfing both wizards and necromancers.

Yeah, pre nerf wizard was really overpowered as you stated, but you know why I and thousands of other barb players do not ask to nerf other classes? Because we are freaking adults and stand by what’s fair. We provided the devs tons of feedback and suggestions to buff our own class, not nerf others. Go to our forums and see for yourself.

This attitude “nerf other class pls” is pathetic

7 Likes

How is it fair to have outlier classes that are too weak or overpowered? I believe in parity. You buff the weak classes and nerf overpowered classes. If it is ok to be overpowered than it would also be ok to be underpowered, since any difference in relative power is ok.

A corollary to never ask for nerfs to overpowered classes, is never ask for buffs for weak classes. It is my opinion that this would be a bad way to go for game design.

Nerf is only required when something is straight broken, or there is an exploit, which turns the game unfair.

The thing is, WW Rend is neither. You say it’s OP, then you clearly do not know what’s OP. WW/Rend may even become #1 build this season, but not by a large margin. Not even close to be called overpowered. That IF it’s #1, which I think it is not. That’s a far thing from OP.

You guys are not complaining about being OP, you are upset it might be the strongest build. The claim it will clear 150 is absurd, all based on quotes by a 10,5k paragon player.

So, again, stop wasting our times

7 Likes

If you look at my posts, I have stated repeatedly that I am okay with barbs being #1 by 1 grift solo. Being #1 by 3 grifts is problematic to me.

Read post #2 in this thread by me. I make the point that this claim of 150 is pure hogwash. I am taking a careful and analytic approach to this topic.

This post has been liked 25 times already. Having read darkpatator’s posts after I made the quoted post, the ww/rend build is most likely 144-146.

Man, wizard have been stronger by 5+ compared to barbarian for one year or more and we haven’t complained about it asking for nerf. You get what I’m saying.

You guys should stand by “un” nerf your class, not fueling a class war by creating a whole post about it.

It’s childish

6 Likes

I’m a DH only player and strongly against any nerfs, so please don’t put every DH player to the same “basket” as the ones asking for nerfs.

3 Likes

While you and other people who main barbs may not have asked for wizard nerfs, others who main barbs have asked for nerfs. There is a heterogeneity in this. I would argue those posters who asked for nerfs are correct in my mind, irrespective of what class they play. I personally disagree with those who do not ask for nerfs to OP classes. Two wrongs do not equal a right.

1 Like

Fair enough. You are right.

3 Likes

Did anyone see 144 by wiz on PTR back when Chantodo set had been buffed? No. Because it was PTR where nobody want to push. And if now even on PTR 138+ got easily achieved by barbs can say something to someone with brains unlike you

1 Like

And on what data shoud we base our opinion on? The words of a noname scrub? Same guy with same para did 144 for wizard which y’all so often refer to. Not 3-5k para player.

Do not be lazy. Check the top 50 of each class and see the disparity for yourself. Diabloprogress on google. There are plenty of posts about this here too, just read it. You just don’t compare the #1.

2 Likes

It is what everyone has been doing in this and other topics over a week. The only thing they yell 144! wiz 144 GR! why no barb?

2 Likes

Not true. Other guy did 138 with WW also.

And this is groundbreaking, right? Barbarian clearing 138, imagine that! No class in live ever touched 138, right? This is straighly overpowered!!!

Blizzard, pls remove Barbarian from the game, they cleared 138!

3 Likes

But darkpatators GR144 with Wiz is without Squirt. With bugged Squirt it is not possible now. Thats way you can’t count fixing Squirt.

Yes. When you compare it to UE Multishot for example it looks like groundbreaking.