Please give legacy mode better resolution and wide screen support

That is very true, and yes I though of that as well. Yes it is a bad idea, however what else can be done to put all PvP players on equal footing? What if someone doesn’t have widescreen support? Or perhaps not as wide of a screen as someone else?

I suppose one workaround would be an option to allow hostility. With it disabled that would prevent the sudden screen switch.

They definitely need to add 16:9 to legacy mode, It feels so unfair to those who wish to play with legacy settings instead not to see as far as remastered setting.

As for the 25 fps cap, there should be option to increase FPS to unlimited in the legacy mode too, you can already do this in D2:LOD by installing glider

4 Likes

Im not 100% sure of the best way, but gimping the VAST majority of users to appease the minority (those without widescreen) is not the way to go.

One solution could be a duel arena where aspect is set to 4:3. Elsewhere aspect ratio remains unchanged on hostile.

I don’t understand why you would have to do anything about It. 4:3 in modern games sounds like a terrible idea. Everything Is fixed by just giving legacy the option to switch to 16:9

As for extra wide monitors 32:9 etc, how to fix that Is all together another problem, BUT majority of users are playing with a 16:9 or 16:10 monitors right now. So It really isn’t a huge problem

My thought.

No offense but I can’t call it a “Legacy mode with wide screen support” because legacy mode don’t have wide screen concept. Adding wide screen concept already NOT a legacy mode.

So in my opinion your advise should be called “Modern mode with legacy 2D graphic” or “Modern mode with 2D graphic modding”

:slight_smile:

I agree with bringing new resolutions to the legacy mode.

I work in IT too, and working in IT does not make my points more valid than others.
I have not seen a 4:3 monitor in over 15 years, and anyone who still has one will not have a machine powerful enough to play D2R, so they can stick with their old D2 cd-rom versions, that’s not being taken away afaik.

8 Likes

Doesn’t matter what you call it, at the end of the day ‘legacy mode’ isn’t a real legacy mode anyways since it’s still a different game from the original D2 (different UI, shared stash, etc). I don’t understand why you need to be nitpicky about that because at the end of the day giving widescreen support to legacy toggle as an option makes the legacy mode playable long term.

3 Likes

The more I read posts like this the more I assume people are trolling. Better resolution for legacy mode? DUDE its friggin 20 years old and they did add better resolution its called D2R in 4k HIGH FIDELITY. Do you hear yourself?

2 Likes

Unfair? You can go play D2 at anytime, this is D2R. Christ.

1 Like

Why so aggressive lol, they already have mods in Path of Diablo 2 that allow 16:9 native for classic D2, I don’t understand why they couldn’t add this to A REMASTERED VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL GAME.

I know many people who would like the option to play with legacy option every now and then on top of new remastered 3D, so why deny that…?

If fans can achieve this, I doubt It would be a big problem for blizzard to add this 16:9 resolution to the legacy toggle as an option.

5 Likes

The hole Sense of the Legacy Mode is that you can switch to the Legacy root of d2r which is the latest version of d2 lod which is in 4:3. Changing ANYTHING in legacy Mode just don‘t make any sense at all.

1 Like

It makes perfect sense for people who like the retro graphics and would love to play with them, but don’t want the disadvantage that comes with 4:3 compared to 16:9 :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Judging by what I’ve seen on alpha streams, this legacy mode is added just as a self-pat on the back from them, to demonstrate their work on a the contrast. As this “legacy mode” looks worse than the original game and feels like it’s 15 fps. So I doubt they’ll add any improvements to it, sadly.

1 Like

Yeah I have a feeling as well, but If there are requests to do so… why wouldn’t they… It’s minimal work required… the game already exists

1 Like

Relax, it’s not a big deal. I don’t know why you’re so angry about the idea of people wanting to enjoy legacy mode in a remaster that’s going to have 99% of Diablo 2 players. I like the old graphics and art style and would like to play the game with it, obviously that’s not going to be a great option if I’m going to be disadvantaged in the process.

I swear some of you guys don’t think before posting, people like you really shouldn’t post if you have anger issues and can’t have a reasonable discussion.

3 Likes

Please bring 16:9 native support to legacy mode and unlimited fps toggle.
16:9 has been made for Path of Diablo mod by fans and unlimited fps can be achieved by using glider even In the original Diablo 2. There would be minimal work from blizzard to implement these toggle-able changes to D2R.
(for those really fanatic legacy users who would wish to use 800x600 etc would still be able to do so as 16:9 would be just a resolution option on top of the originals)

At least have these as an option for those who would like to play with legacy graphics or switch to them every now and then.

There Is literally no negative side effects to ANYONE about having these changes.
16:9 Is required for those players who would prefer to play with old graphics without having a disadvantage of not seeing as far as the remastered version (this Is huge disadvantage in PvP for example).

To the people complaining that we are finally getting the game to a 4K resolution with beautiful 3D graphics. I completely agree and will be using them of course, BUT
I still want the option to switch back to legacy graphics without being in a disadvantage.

I personally have been playing this game on/off since the release date and as many other users love the original graphics as well.

Lastly here Is a video of the 16:9 native resolution being implemented In to Path of Diablo mod:

3 Likes

Legacy mode should be exactly the same as in the original game. But its not like that now. The technical alpha shows it with black bars. Hopefully, when they implement full screen mode, this bug will be fixed too.

Well It’s not exactly a bug, original 800x600 is a 4:3 resolution which will always have black bars.

This Is the reason why legacy mode needs 16:9 support.

5 Likes

But in the original, the game shows a picture without black bars. Perhaps she cuts it off at the top and bottom. I like this version (which I am playing now) more than the one presented in the alpha.