Please give legacy mode better resolution and wide screen support

Its called legacy mode for a reason…why not play in new graphics?

1 Like

I will, but I would like the option to play with old graphics too Is that too much to ask? Right now you really can’t play competitively with It with 4:3 (no widescreen support)

1 Like

I’ve said this before. For balance reasons its not that we should go widescreen in legacy, rather 4:3 on remaster.

How to fill the black bars? I don’t know.

1 Like

Well that’s too late now, the game is already done in 16:9 (and I disagree, 4:3 should be forgotten already, It’s not like we use CRT monitors anymore).

16:9 Is the way :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I agree on this also.

3 Likes

Umm Legacy mode do not touch it leave it the 800x600 it always has been , but they could give a non purist mode where it can have legacy graphics with higher resolution, heck call it my pc is a potato mode and cant play with the new graphics …

Lol if you want to play it in its classic form, go play it right now. It’s still available to play, they aren’t touching that.

Nobody is going to play legacy mode if it’s 800 x 600, you will be at a huge disadvtange. Nobody is saying they need to get rid of the 800 x 600 option, just offer the same option as the new graphical overlay so the game is on an even playing field. I could care less about resolution, I Just want legacy mode to be playable and equal.

2 Likes

I would if they did a scaled 800x600 borderless full screen mode , I sill play on bnet with 800x600 so really not much different , I just don’t want to have to worry about alt tab crashing the compositor.

Take away 4:3 800x600 they will have to remodel every model, texture, item, everything just to have it look normal in a 16:9 + 1920x1080, forcing a delay to release date. They have stated many times over, and it’s been said many times over.

“We are not changing the gameplay or CORE OF THE GAME in anyway other than MINOR QOL changes” Aka Share Stash and Compare … Get over it, they are not going to change the old style toggle option to 1920x1080 16:9, don’t like it, play single player with mods.

In legacy mode, the image is different than the original (on my 1680 * 1050 monitor). In the original, the image is shown in full screen, in legacy mode - with black bars. The alpha legacy mode is not yet complete.

If you want to have wide screen support and better reso for legacy mode, pls go ahead and play PD2, you are in the wrong place. It does not make any sense to spend time building a remaster and and still offer upgraded version of the legacy ones within the same game. I face palm reading the postings -.-

This a PvP game, you can go in any game and kill anyone you want, there needs to be fair advantage for all. Meaning no wide screen support should be enabled. Every one should have same viewable limitations.

1 Like

Yep I agree, but widescreen support has already been established (only for remastered toggle, thats the problem, It’s not fair right now for those who wanna play with oldschool graphics.

Not true, modders have already managed to mod 16:9 to path of diablo… I’m sure they didn’t need to remodel basically anything individually, Infact If you’re interested how they managed to get widescreen support for old diablo2 you can read about It from here:

1 Like

They’ve already changed more than the ‘core’ game by giving the new overlay a larger field of view. It’s called balancing the game so that it’s playable in both versions. I’ll even take a patch update down the line for legacy to have the same field of view as resurrected. It’s not a crazy request to want to enjoy the game in the old graphics without being severely disadvantaged.

Feel free to buy a small monitor and use it.

Yep this indeed. I Hope they will add It :frowning:

Why would anyone do that ?
I don’t care about screen size I’m talking about keeping the game fair between toggles.

1 Like

Please add It :+1:

4 Likes