Personal loot confirmed?

Pretty sure that question was for D2R :slight_smile:
They said there is Cross Progression in that your saves transfer progress seamlessly, but there wonā€™t be Cross Play. There will be one unified Leaderboard though.

5 Likes

New players are gonna pitch a fit when all the meleeā€™s grab the loot while they are 20 ft away shooting arrows. Most of us old players will likely be farming solo to avoid this.

It would be nice to have a compromise for group play. Iā€™m okay with the game how it was, but I would love to see the D2 of the future.

10 Likes

That would make D2R way too different. If you want to play D3 just go play D3 and let us have our nostalgia trip in D2Rā€¦

21 Likes

No need to worry! They said your original D2 install will work exactly the way it always has. So even if they change stuff, you can go right back to 4:3.

8 Likes

If your relying on public games / baal runs etc for loot then your doing it wrong.
MF mephisto/Pindle, rune hunt alone in specific areas is more the way to go. The public games are for questing/rushing or exp.

17 Likes

Cross play will currently not be implemented. Was stated.

2 Likes

I dont know, while personal loot at times might be nice, i think it would change the core of the game too much, D2 was pretty ā€œhardcoreā€ game and remaster should remain as such to deliver as authentic experience possible.

No ones mfā€™s in public games anyway, public games are for XP and occasional nice drops are plus, for whomever nabs them first ;D

Loot hunting is done solo or with frends/clan mates.

There are so many other quality of life things that should be looked at , wayy before this one.

12 Likes

Game breaker for me is that 8times as much items would drop in 8player games for clans or friends. That woul increase their MF immensely :confused:

6 Likes

A Game without personal loot is nothing for the current mass market.
All new Games have this and Diablo4 have this too.

11 Likes

That pretty much sums it up why D2 is D2 and why the devs wanna stay true to core of the game and change as little as possible.

12 Likes

Yes, but this is a remaster not remake. There are pros and cons.

5 Likes

D3 hardly failed because of personal loot - and failure is subjective. Based on how many units were sold and it is still up and running, I wouldnā€™t call that a failure.

On the other hand, D2R will fail if they massmarket to 2021 instead of staying true to the core.

5 Likes

I too agree that all loot drops should be personal. There are simply too many cons to not having it than to satisfy the vocal minority. Another issue is that if they would separate game modes to allow players to play the game the old school way, well in my opinion, those players would feel very lonely. It also takes more development time to create this mode. I would gander that the majority new and or returning players would prefer to experience the game not just visually updated but modernized for the new age. And for those that do not want to partake in this experience they can always play the original game with all its quirks. Everyone wins.

20 Likes

I donā€™t want them to change the loot system in D2R. I think D2 loot system was fine and it added to the excitement of the game; having to click fastest to win the loot. PVE Diablo / Baal runs IMO arenā€™t really intended to be MF runs, they are for XP and loot in public games on D2 was always just a bonus. If they change this they are fundamentally changing the way that people play the game. I personally enjoyed doing solo MF runs; farming andy, mephisto, diablo etc.

You need to have a MF set for solo farming, and PVE sets for pushing. If you do individual drops people are just going to leech and stack their MF and hope for good drops.

As you progress through the game and are grouped up with a clan just share loot that way. If itā€™s a public game then itā€™s a click fest - like it should be.

D3 catered to the snowflake generation a little bit with these personalized drops. You donā€™t always win, you donā€™t always get a trophy, you donā€™t always get the loot. Thatā€™s how it should be.

24 Likes

Exactly this, that alone should be reason enough to not touch this.

I believe majority of people who are asking personal loot are coming more from D3 side of things, personal loot just doesnt fit to D2, it becomes different game, even some toggable options would be too much of a change in my opinion.

When loot becomes personal loot becomes a joke, a meme, completely meaningless things, and D2 is all about that super rare phat loot you almost never find, once in a while in public games you might see something really rare drop, and if your lucky you get it but if not its not a biggie because you are there for xp, not mf.

D2 already has personal loot, its called private games btw.

29 Likes

Gold looted is shared among all nearby party members, itā€™s always been this way.

4 Likes

My concern for shared loot (and Iā€™m not advocating for either side) is controllers.

Many controllers now have custom button setups and allow for rapidfire, some by default. Stand next to a dying bos and hold rapidfire ā€œpickupā€ and a mouse will not compete with that, the 2-3 people doing it will vacuum everything with zero chance of a M+KB clicking anything

9 Likes

For this go play d3 or some other bad games.

10 Likes

I am allowed to play more than one game and dont tell me what to play.

6 Likes

Welcome to Diablo 2. This is not Diablo 3.

20 Likes