Personal loot confirmed?

Personalized loot is already in every Diablo game, it is called Single Player.

21 Likes

I’m 99% sure they will have some sort of personal loot OPTION.

The old D2 system of FFA loot was stupid from day 1 and remains stupid.

There’s a reason most modern games have personal/assigned loot now, including all modern Blizzard games. It’s because the overwhelming majority hated FFA loot.

FFA loot should be a per-person toggleable option.

13 Likes

Then play d2 with d2 rules.

Why anybody must alter rules of game for your liking?

11 Likes

Sry but no. If you dont want to share loot, dont play with random people.

24 Likes

I am not worried Keltsat27, the forums are flooded with great suggestions for improving the game by passionate players who want the game to be better. For players like yourself, you can always play the old game just as it was. Everyone wins.

4 Likes

You mean minority of casuals that want game to become worse? D2 is the symbol for gamers that clearly see that industry, QoL and other stuff making games less fun to play, less interesting, making them look the same.

We already see what industry became because of casuals that want games to be only fun and happynes, without any so desired grief, pain and hard-earned success.

Let D2 be perfect as it is (because there is no action-rpg that is better than D2). All your desire for casual features can be done by modders.

12 Likes

A lot of the “great suggestions” dumb down the game significantly and/or lose sight of some of the things people enjoyed in the original Diablo 2. Some of the suggestions are great, but some shouldn’t be in the vanilla game because it strays too far from the original, keep things like this in community mods.

Just because a lot of people are coming from PoE and Diablo 3 doesn’t mean they should cater to them and implement all these huge changes to be more like those games, above all D2R is a Diablo 2 remaster, don’t go crazy with changes. I like the direction they’re currently going with the minor QoL changes.

It’s incredibly entitled of you to say that “purists” who want D2R to remain close to the original D2 should just go back to playing the original. So we just get to miss out on our favourite game with updated visuals because you want to make it more like Diablo 3? Ridiculous.

15 Likes

I respectfully disagree with your statement about the minority wanting change. I honestly feel that players like yourself are part of that vocal group. As you can see, the D2R team has already catered to the demands of such players by allowing auto gold pick up, larger stash space etc. I honestly think there will be much more QOL changes coming up, especially if they want to profit from cross platform release!

Why are you upset if the D2R team caters to the majority? You still get to play the original game the way it was, let others enjoy the game they want to play. Life changes, circumstances change for everyone. I certainly don’t have the time or patience to farm hundreds of hours like I used to. You seem to want to force your way of doing things on other players. I on the other hand want to give options to all players.

7 Likes

The thing people are misunderstanding is that it’s not as simple as just making loot drops personal vs shareable. Loot drops in Diablo 2 are already incredibly rare when compared to other AARPGs. For example, you can kill Diablo or Baal while having 400+ Magic Find and not get a single yellow or unique item. Now if you just have a toggle that says “Shareable Loot Off” the rate at which you see unique items and high runes drop will plummet. That forces the devs into a situation of redesigning the loot drop rate. That, in turn would fundamentally alter the game’s economy. Beyond this, the loot drop rate is already questionable as is in D2R because the reason people currently playing D2 have such access to unique items and high runes is because of all the bots. Long story short, Diablo 2 in it’s current state, is not a game that can handle a personal loot option without major (key word) changes.

3 Likes

Yes, and the moding community has come up with some incredible end game content and balance changes. There seems to be a lot of players actively playing those mods, so there is a demand for it. I don’t see anything wrong with copying good content to the official release.

I don’t even know how to respond to this, because I simply do not understand how you came to this conclusion. I stated that having options benefits all players. Perhaps you are not aware, I may be wrong, but D2R team has said that they will not remove the old D2 and from what I understood you can play the new content in old resolution by pressing one button. I suggest you watch the Blizzcon interviews. With regards to entitlement. I am just as entitled as you are to give my feedback to the D2R team.

1 Like

There is no cross play. Just cross progression. You could play on a Switch on the go, than play the same hero on your PC at home.

3 Likes

All statistics says that changes wanted by small vocal group. Silent masses, most dedicated players and fans do not want any changes. Shared stash is ok, it doesnt affect balance too much, and auto gold pickup too. And yep, bigger stash was demand that was made not from people who want QoL, but from my side, from gamers who want game intact, but have less mules used.

But personal loot… thats clearly balance-changing. And changing balance is breaking balance.

6 Likes

Still, they are a minority, people mostly play original D2, because it’s better. From my side (and nearly 200+ people I met while playing D2) mods are horrible, except PlugY, which is nearly ok.

If somebody likes to play modded D2 - this somebody can still play his mods, no need to implement mods into the original balance. It’s not for you to decide what will benefit anyone.

4 Likes

Could you share with us your source for these statiscitc?

But it does affect the core essence of the original game. I find it doubtful that you would support such changes before they were announce without your consent or feedback. It’s always easier to justify something once you have no choice in the matter. The bottom line is these changed will hurt everyone less in the long run.

1 Like

The devs have already said they aren’t making major changes to the game mechanics. There will not be personal loot because it would be too much of a major change from the original. A stash tab to replace mules and auto-gold pickup that can be toggled (which they mainly needed because of the controller support being added) are the only two game mechanic changes going in. Some bugs will get fixed, but everything else will be staying exactly the same as it is now.

4 Likes

Who you mean by “us”? You are alone here, who want this changes. Maybe another 1-2. And just scroll this thread, nearly 10 people are against. You must proof your point, that somehow majority of gorgerous, beatiful, smart and strong hardcore players have become minority in your eyes.

Mods still are played by lesser commynity, than original game. Because D2 is better any POD or Median XL, or Grapes of Wrath. Please stop being ignorant, just play your mods, dont enterfere into other players expirience with your vision of “better” game.

Nope, if you use PlugY. And this is just a PlugY. And everybody uses PlugY.

3 Likes

It’s not Diablo 2.

It’s Diablo 2: Resurrected. 20 years later.

It’s not the same game. They are allowed to make QoL changes.

If you want Diablo 2, play Diablo 2. It’s not going anywhere. It’s as pure as it’s ever been on Bnet right now.

8 Likes

Just like D3 is sitting there for you

3 Likes

It is Diablo 2. They said it is. And it will be just D2 with a graphic overhaul. It is still diablo 2 working underneath, not just old visuals, but that particular old Diablo 2. On the same engine with the same patch as Diablo 2. If they will ever change anything - it will be done in diablo 2 old engine, on its basis, so Diablo 2 will be changed too.

1 Like

I might even be ok with a compromise if they can manage it. However, I think for the ladder economy which I personally find the most important, personal loot doesn’t belong.

Ladder play is original loot system.
Non-ladder can have your personal loot.

2 Likes