Personal loot confirmed?

One of the worst parts in diablo2 for me was not getting loot because i didnt click fast enough or didnt manage to grab the item because the screen shake threw me off too much.

If you think about what they have shown us… auto gold pick up… well gold looting isnt shared so basically whoevers closest to the gold just gets it because of auto pick up and screw everyone else? Sounds more like personal loot is making its way into diablo2. The purists will cry, Im fine with it working like diablo3 personal loot when it drops then if you drop it then its FFA

78 Likes

This was bad especially for ranged characters.

34 Likes

there will not be personal loot imo

42 Likes

Hopefully they can make gold as personal drop and keep item drops same as orginal. I dont think most people would mind that.

4 Likes

If they are able to suppress bots and duping, I think personal loot would help with a thriving economy. Especially when there’s going to be cross-play, I don’t see console players being able to compete with PC players in terms of snagging loot drops.

I think this would be an important and great change for the game.

12 Likes

Wait for more information on this one. They said Cross Progression (char saves). So far they have not confirmed that different platforms can play together in the same game instances. Not that I have seen anyway and I have been carefully going through the reveals so far.

16 Likes

As of now gold is shared equally between all party members who are in the same area.

9 Likes

I re-watched the deep dive video and you’re right, cross-play was not mentioned, but cross-progression was. MMO-Champion reports that there will be cross-play, but I think that might be a misunderstanding.

4 Likes

The lack of personal loot was a big issue for online coop, but if Blizz implement it into the game alot of people will complain.

Maybe if they create different league options (like SSF in POE) there could be a way to improve one of the game’s worst design problems for cooperation. The hardcore purists players and those who are willing to try an improved version will be happy at the same time.

7 Likes

I think loot should remain as was in the original though, play with friends, clan mates, etc if you don’t want to fight for loot in pubs.

I think it would have undesirable consequences on the economy.

31 Likes

maybe as an optional part? like in Borderlands 3, where you cant choose before creating a game if loot should be shared or personal

if i look back to my D2 memories, getting stressed out to click faster than anyone else was the worst part of it

30 Likes

I think there should be personal loot.

43 Likes

Having the option for personal loot at game creation would be great. It would be a fair way for everyone to get a chance of getting decent items. Here’s an idea on how it would work:

The dropped loot is the same as if it were turned off, but instead of showing for everyone, it ‘deals’ the loot out like cards in a poker game, including multiple drops from a single monster or container. While you would see significantly less items drop, the items you do see drop are only for you to pick up. Once you pick them up, you can trade/drop them like normal.

18 Likes

Yeah, make it a toggle.

13 Likes

Never! Go play Diablo 3 if you want personal loot. It’s why D3 failed.

40 Likes

Personal loot might be #17 on the list of reasons. Personal loot wasn’t a horrible idea but execution, especially early on, and catering drops with the Auction House in mind was even worse.

This is a “don’t care” issue for me on whether there is personal loot or not so no real dog in this fight.

1 Like

If they majorly change the remaster at all, I’ll expect a full refund because that’s not what I paid for nor was it what I was led to believe.

18 Likes

Don’t care for personal loot, just make the items show with a toggle on or off so you don’t have to hold “Alt” or another key to show drops

3 Likes

i dont realyl care, but it would be nice to have an item filter

3 Likes

At about 6:45 on this Q&A they mention the way it’s going to work for D4, which I bet is the same for D2R. That is… you can play your characters on multiple consoles, however, you wont play with other characters that are on different consoles than you; i.e. PC players play with PC players.

1 Like