Check it out!

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23179288/patch-267-ptr-begins-1017-10-14-2019

Some barb buffs in there.

• Wrath of the Wastes
    • 6-Piece Bonus: The damage bonus now also applies to Rend
  • Lamentation
    • Additional Legendary Power: Increases the damage of Rend by [150-200%]
  • Ambo’s Pride
    • New Legendary Power: Attacking with Whirlwind also applies Rend and the total damage of Rend is dealt over 1 second
  • Remorseless
    • Hammer of the Ancients has a [25-30%] chance to summon an Ancient for 20 seconds
    • New Legendary Power: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, Hammer of the Ancients deals [200-250%] more damage.
  • Fjord Cutter
    • You are surrounded by a Chilling Aura when attacking.
    • New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies
  • Bracers of Destruction
    • Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits.
  • Fury of the Ancients
    • Call of the Ancients gains the effect of the Ancients’ Fury rune and your Ancients attack 100% faster
14 Likes

Ladies and gents,

We identified problems, organized, and provided professional, well-crafted feedback. And we were heard.

I’m thrilled to test these new changes, and thrilled that Rend may finally be worthwhile in the Zodiac WW build.

Barbs, can I get a HELL YEAH?!?

31 Likes

Awesome work dude, HELL YEAH!

1 Like

Holy hell!

You guys did it.

I’m super excited to test stuff! WW, IK HOTA, and SS all getting buffed!

3 Likes

I have two reservations about some items.

First, Remorseless might be abused by other builds aside from IK HOTA. We circumvented that by ramping the buff up over time. That would prevent R6 HOTA from using it to any great effect.

Still, this is a pretty beefy buff for IK HOTA, and any build that uses Fury of the Ancients to generate Fury is going to be so much easier to play.

I’m not thrilled about the design of Ambo’s because it auto-applies Rend and detonates it instantly. It also eliminates strategic use of Rend and lowers the overall skill cap of the build. Curious as to how that will pan out, but if it’s ultra-powerful, it’s still a win-win.

Wish they’d gone with our DR idea for Lamentation as the build will still be tied to either Parthans or Mortick’s to survive end-game content. Our idea for Lamentation would have eliminated the need for IP and made the build less clunky.

3 Likes

So would IK HOTA use Remorseless plus said Burning Axe of Sankis?

Yeah Ambo’s going to be interesting. Basically spin and kill. What would the other weapon be?

• W/o a better fury management, I still doubt about the viable of SS build.
  • I feel like Remorseless will still be better for lod build than IK HOTA.
  • WW will have a massive buff. But gameplay wise, it’s will still be the same. Now you drop 1 support skill for rend in your bar. You will see bigger number pop-up and higher GR clear but is it the refreshment I really need? I don’t know yet.

Some progress…
Looks like some new fun testing anyway
Well done…

Yup. It kicks IB out the build, which is good. Class-specific items should, ideally, be better than generic legendaries.

Depends. For Zodiac WW, you’ll use Ambo’s in the Cube and keep the BK set equipped.

For 4x Rend, which may once again become a very viable build, you’ll equip either Furnace or Ambo’s.

The revised Fury of the Ancient shoulders should take care of that.

It’s a direct buff to the build regardless of IK or LOD. 250% increased damage beats the IB set no matter how you slice it.

Great to see the buff will apply to multiple HOTA builds!

I somewhat agree. Our proposed change to Lamentation and not implementing an auto-Rend would have encouraged a more strategic, careful gameplay. The build won’t be radically different from its current iteration except you’ll drop Stomp/WC/TS for Rend.

1 Like

HELL YEAH!!! New set for generator build incoming.

I am happy for barbs. They were underperforming and they got a buff that they deserved. A couple of the items were verbatim (or alternatively, at least DPS buffs without stacking components) from the 2.6.6 barb buff proposal. It will be interesting to see how much increase in power there will be. The choice to have Ambo’s pride auto-cast rend in whirlwind by the developers is interesting in the context of the other changes and controversial.

2 Likes

Is it worth drop isvant bonus for 250% dmg? Can’t wait to test it out.
On the ther hand, it’s easy for me to drop sankis axe for the new weapon.
So I still a little bit lean toward lod for this buff.

1 Like

Not entirely sure you need to bar rend. Need to test pro/con with unruned rend. Stomp+spear kinda handy. I ll be too busy on the monk set. Guess have to wait for u guys then.

I’m a big fan of the Barbarian, although I haven’t played it for at least 2-3 years. Ever since seasons started I rotated between all the other classes (because I had played Barbarian so much), and it’s finally time to go back to Barbarian in the next season.

I love playing summoning builds, so the IK set was always going to be a must for me. Was actually wondering what you guys were going to suggest to pair up with Remorseless and was surprised at the suggestion of The Burning Axe of Sankis. I always ignored it because the legendary power seemed meaningless. Now I actually looked up what it does and understand why it’s being suggested, lol (the fire skill damage is important too).

Regarding HoTA weapons - why not EF as the 2nd? Sankis gives you 14% extra damage (third +fire bonus if no magefist) and chance for generic IP. EF covers all your AS needs and maybe solidifies BotP as third gem instead of PE for added damage and elite protection. I haven’t played EF HotA so I don’t know if/how much annoying % fear is

1 Like

A very optimistic HELL YEAH tempered by an experienced… let’s see the final patch notes lol.

Good job y’all.

4 Likes

So with both the new 1-handed Legendary powers for SS and HotA, each skill now has a 1 hander and 2 hander you must use.

Do you go back to the old days of playing with a 2hd and cubing the 1hd, or do you keep the 2hd power in the Cube, and use the new 1hd and another 1-hander, like Burning Axe of Sakris for HotA or who-knows-what for SS?

I imagine equipping dual 1H weapons will win out for both HOTA and SS. Definitely HOTA imo. Remorseless and EF will probably be go to option for HOTA.

SS is different though since resource management is so different for Seismic Slam. EF and Fjord both increase attack speed a lot. Easy to deplete your resource. I’ll be curious to see what players figure out for SS.

1 Like

Hell Yeah :metal:

Looking forward to SS, Fjord Cutter and off hand testing.

BoD cap now 10 is not the largest leap forward. No cap or 25/50 enemies would be nicer but it’s a start.

Good work Barbros :beers:

4 Likes