Paragon Cap is Appalling

“640K ought to be enough for anybody.”
Bill Gates (supposedly 1981)

1 Like

Of course it fits in your narrative when you take if out of context.

Especially when he never said that.

1 Like

Now we are simply grinding it out until you inevitably get to the next one because RNGesus blessed you with an upgrade. It is the same grind with GR’s being replaced by bounties/fissures.

The big difference is with a higher paragon cap you will get small amounts of incremental power mixed in with those occasional gear upgrades. With the P800 cap, it simply becomes waiting on RNG to reward you. Playing dozens and dozens of hours hoping for a small upgrade is not exciting.

The loot hunt design in this game is terrible. Making it the sole focus is definitely not a good idea.

This might be the first season since 4 that i log in to the Live servers. If im lucky in the first 2 days, i can leaderboard squat for a month or so! :rofl::rofl:

It doesn’t stop bots at all though.
Bots will now farm the primal gear and rift keys for fishing

3 Likes

It’s still a perfect response to Scorp :grin:

True, but it will still hinder them significantly, and bots play stupidly.
We shall see

1 Like

Limiting paragon points will have an effect of reducing the number who run bots, but it won’t eliminate them all. Removing a primary reason to run bots only shifts them to the next highest priority, which will be farming primals with the most desirable mods. Once their character(s) are decked out… Game over man, game over.

If there was a game that only required breathing to play, there would be people that would cheat.

It does stop bots from getting more main stat due to paragon.

That is a benefit to the paragon point allocation cap.

4 Likes

It’s not a bad thing. I do wonder though… with the people who go around reporting everyone who is higher than they are, thinking they’re doing the community some kind of service, who/what they’ll report now.

Edit: Hidden reply under this. $10000 says it’s one of the aforementioned.

1 Like

I highly doubt your premise.

Capping the paragon really hurts me because I love grinding paragons and getting my non-seasonal characters stronger so I can try unique builds with them at high GR levels

The cap is for season only and you will still gain paragon past 800 which will merge with NS after season as usual, you just won’t be able to assign more than 800 during season 29 so you won’t be affected at all if it’s NS paragon you’re after.

2 Likes

Nothing, but the paragon ceiling doesn’t stop either of these.

It also screws over legitimate players.
So, it punishes the innocent for the transgressions of the guilty.

If I make Usain Bolt and me wear exactly the same track shoes, that doesn’t mean I can keep up with him in a race. Bots are still going to have an advantage, just not as much of an advantage.

But you are not as talented as a sports star. Honest D3 players may be just as talented or even more talented than the cheating players.

1 Like

The point I was making is that if I take away an advantage from Usain Bolt, that doesn’t suddenly mean people would be able to beat him. Just like taking away the main stat advantage from botters. They’re still going to have better gear, more keys, higher gems, better augments, because they can bot for these things when a legitimate player cannot.

Would you like to drive your car as fast as you can and not worry about cops stopping you for speeding? You know how to drive and you pay attention in traffic so it wouldn’t be difficult for you. Try to guess who you can blame.

1 Like

All of these things combined are far less important than the benefit of thousands of paragons.

1 Like

German autobahns would like to say hi.

You’re missing the point. In your analogy, the cops would be handing out speeding tickets to 100% of drivers, just to ensure that the people that are actually speeding get a ticket, i.e. all of the drivers who are not speeding, also get tickets.

1 Like

That’s not correct. Autobahn has speed limits in many parts. Not only that but no speed limit is for left lane only. Try to guess why it’s possible? What type of drivers you can find more rarely in europe compared to north america? Hint: left lane h…

Try to guess why you can never have that in US for example? Partly ties to question above but it’s not entire reason.

I was talking about speed limits but you clearly didn’t get it.

1 Like