Paragon Cap is Appalling

While maybe true, you can not be entirely sure about that.
Uncapped paragon points, always gonna offer both damage and protection and keep the rewards guaranteed as long as you keep playing. This always offer as a very stable punishment for bots. If botter got banned at 5k, with group play they can quickly ramp it up and catch back at leaderboards with 2-3k or whatever. They may not have catch the dedicated player, if compared subject also plays around groups but this is a very stable punishment and have no deviation or unexpected surprises.

While capped Paragon will force player to decide for their survival and damage output separately to optimize and adapt their current equipment power, it also grant its weight towards other aspects for power. These aspects being, your equipment, augments and so on; the randomization in the base slots here also will offer as a surprise factor. When botter get finally banned and lose their very important Ancient or Primal items and can not compensate by main stat inflation, they will lose their edge as if they lost tons of paragon level at the non-capped system already.

This is only my opinion. If power weight is toward the items, then as small as a deviation of 50-60 main stat at every piece will matter over the course of Season. To compensate, botter will have to manage higher tiers, instead of sitting back and since human decision is valued over automated play at high GR tiers they will struggle. Randomization here will act as a punishment for botters, more than the cap being a punishment to entire playerbase. At least that is what I hope, with capped Paragon and SSF to happen.

By the light of recent unrelated news I have read about bot developers, blackmarket will feel some sort of impact from this and that is nice. However, after seeing many getting disgruntled over a change that supposed to last only a season and have zero trust on the developers, perhaps I should leave the thread alone.
I’d like to add this though, no Season theme ever marketed as a miracle. Don’t take this theme as one as it is not; neither confuse people’s hopes of future with your well-grounded to present views.

The whole bot thing is irrelevant tbh. The only correct answer to a bot is a ban.
Any effect that the paragon cap has on botting is just a small bonus.

It is really a shame if the paragon cap is S29 only though. Hopefully Blizzard sees it as a change to make permanent.

Yeah but seasons are what keeps those games going… same like in PoE, player numbers skyrocket with every new season/league

2 Likes

You clearly haven’t been reading all the threads then because there absolutely are people claiming that the paragon cap will give legitimate players a level playing field with the botters. That is, quite simply, false. It hasn’t stopped them saying it though.

Legitimate player that plays for an hour a day, for six months, is 180 hours.
Cheating player that bots for 20 hours a day, for two weeks, is 280 hours.
It’s more likely to find the nice gear in 280 hours than in 180 hours.

1 Like

I wonder if you can find a single example.
Only one poster around here seem to be using the bot argument much, and his entire point has been that it would merely lower the power gap.

1 Like

Then wonder no longer…

4 Likes

That is a big assumption that these “legitimate” players will even play for 6 months straight. :rofl:

In fact, I think most players who talk about “fairness” probably won’t even play the S29 longer than one or two months or find them in the S29 leaderboard. I have seen a lot of “concerned” players giving ridiculous suggestions at the sideline but in the end, those people usually don’t even play the game in the first place.

3 Likes

I believe you’ve been misinterpreting their words, somewhat or they are omitting some context.

Also, cap doesn’t offer an equal overall ground of sorts, but over time legitimate players eventually catch them. At first few weeks, botters could have acquire crazy items compared to legit players but in time that gap between average legit players and bots will close down.
After a while the gap will only stand as small as few augment ranks in months. Hopefully, since Paragon level is not some crazy amount to overpower the challenge, the player decisions will play a major role in high tier gameplay and this is where skill matters.

The new 800 paragon cap offers comparable power boost to uncapped 4.5- 5k plvl I think; but since the traits of survival and damage output are separated, hopefully the human decision and skill (which attribute to prioritize, and how to position etc.) will play a major role. This is not equal “level” in any perspective but not supposed to be, because you’re not in equal level as any other player in terms of luck as it stands either.

Why are we comparing lazy competitive minimal to a botter? Anyway, 180 hours is still plenty to find items and get augments. If you play for half hour longer per day, that’s 270 hours for legitimate player.
A very dedicated player who push leaderboards, would play around 4-6 hours per day; given this Season has no experience boost or a rewarding grind. Still they have to fish and farm those keys racking up if they aim at the top.

3 Likes

He doesn’t. It has been a serious argument from many that a paragon cap means an even field.

3 Likes

You tend to be more precise in your language: “more level” does not mean level. The majority of the people you quoted said “more level” (3/5) as shown above and below.

1 Like

#1: More of a playing field is the same as saying the gap is lowered.

#2: Seems to be saying that it is fine goal to make SSF a level playing field. Not saying that the paragon cap manages to do so. Also seems to be against the cap, so seems likely they didnt meant it created a level playing field.

#3: Same as #1

#4: Considering the post seems to be against the paragon cap, it seems quite likely that you are misreading if it you think it is saying that there will be a level playing field.

#5: Once again, more level playing field. As in closer to it.

All in all, yeah, people are saying, correctly, that a low paragon cap will reduce power differences. Not the same as saying there wont be any power differences.

Personally, I think a more level playing field is irrelevant. That isn’t what makes the paragon cap such an amazing change. Heck, just remove the leaderboards entirely.
But it should be obvious that the paragon cap does create a more level playing field for those who care.

6 Likes

Noo don’t remove the leaderboard. I use it as a “build guide” :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

The reason you asked if I could provide a single example is because, presumably, you thought that I would be unable to do so, because you thought no-one would have claimed this. So I provided you with quotes of posters saying exactly what I said they had.

How am I misinterpreting their words by saying that some players were claiming that the paragon cap would make it a level playing field when I showed posters who had said, quite literally, exactly that?

I know. I’m not one of the people claiming the paragon cap will offer a level playing field.

And 2/5 said “level”…

…i.e. there are players claiming it will provide a level playing field (not just a more level playing field) like I said.

I’m muting the thread. You all have your concerns and I guess that’s not my problem. I can not convince you if you get so jaded over this. A vague saying is not a proper argument over the defense or against any kind of change; no need to concern horn.

I didn’t ask that, someone else did. I believe you need some rest and scroll up to check again. If you quote the right guy, I’d be thankful. I said you might have misinterpreted the context, and I see that I’m not alone in this.

1 Like

I dont look at a para cap as punishing the legit players at all.
We all have 800 points to play with, this will be the fairest season to date.
For the first time, skilled players will be able to compete, even against a bot.

Agreed, not sure why they allowed 10k botters for as long as they did.

1 Like

I read this thread as the Paragon Cap is Appealing. It is!

1 Like

No they won’t, not unless they put the time in to perfect gear/gems and augments, which will still take a significant amount of time.

1 Like

It will be the fairest… but STILL it will not be fair. Bots will always have advantage with better gear. And with paragon cap, that better gear will be even more impactful than before. Primal gear with perfect mainstat will give a lot more… previously you could kinda challenge that with paragons… at least in early to mid season. Bots can farm items and mats a lot faster than any player… so you still won’t be able to compete with them. There is nothing fair about that.

That is not true at all. Bots will still have advantage with better gear. Maybe people like some of the streamers could do that… but in general, no… nobody will. Bot will simply “outfarm” everyone with mats and keys.

Is it?

How many keys that legitimate players need to spend to fish a perfect rift? It could be from 1 key to 5,000 keys to get one perfect rift.

How long does it take to farm those keys if the legitimate players only play the game like 30 minutes to 1 hour per day? :thinking:

1 Like

How many of them care about paragon farming? 30-60 mins/day sounds like casual so we’re most likely talking about 1000 paragon per season, maybe 1200 at best.

How long it would take for you to get to 5000 paragon if you can only play 30-60 mins/day?