Only available to party leader, cant play game

can someone please just fix my account, it says im in a party but i am not, i was recently silenced and i believe this was an inadvertent mistake as the silence does not pertain to my ability to play the game , please and thank you.

1 Like

There is currently a bug where players who are Silenced in any Blizzard game can’t make a game in D3. They are aware of the bug, and have been since mid October. It is complicated and takes multiple teams to fix - it is related to the Bnet account overall, not just D3.

I am sorry, but at this time you will just have to wait for your silence to expire.

If you feel the silence was in error and wish to appeal, you can do that here

The last link in the article takes you to the support system with a direct ticket link

1 Like

Blizzard is just toooo noob that can’t even solve this simple bug during the past 3 years, clearly this company is end, we should go play games made by other companies.

4 Likes

this is happening to me. I have learned my lesson and wont be trolling the forums anymore because it can effect my ability to play the game.

#TrollingNeverAgainSoSorry

maybe follow the forum rules, and stop being a noob on the forums, dude.

Forum suspensions do not impact your ability to play the games.

1 Like

I get a bug a lot recently where I’m unable to start or join a game unless i reboot d3. Only started happening when i got a free vacation on the wow forums, also it silenced me in d3 game chat.

A forum silence does NOT impact your game. Again, that is not actually possible.

There is a bug that can sometimes cause game start issues but changing chars, switching out pets, or restarting fixes that. The second bug is one that is related to an in-game silence but that is not forum related.

You are conflating two different things. You can get totally forum banned and never have any impact on the game - for better or worse.

but i was blocked from using general chat in game when i got silenced on wow forums

I wish that were true that getting a suspension from the Blizzard forums, in any game, impacted in-game activity, but it does not.

There is SUPPOSED to be a forum suspension for anyone silenced in game - but that does not seem to work on the new format.

Sadly…

Blizzard has never ever punished people in-game for forum infractions. Only the other way around.

Note - I should say I don’t know of any forum infractions causing in-game issues. However if someone were to do something so horrible on the forums that Blizz closed their whole Bnet account, that would obviously impact games too. I imagine that would be rare and we would not get told publicly about it.

interesting.

I wonder why i can not access general chat in game then.

i dont troll in game, im a good boy, i’ve only used general chat a few times in the last month and that was to help powerlevel people requesting help.

I like to watch general chat while i play.

I can in fact confirm that an account silence does in fact effect the ability to play D3 rending it impossible. While the silence supposedly lifts in 3 days from now. It also has Locked any game play in-game whatsoever. Everything is met with [Only available to party leader] which also includes Solo Campaign and Private Matches while not even in a party to begin with.

Yeah, that’s why it’s been in the Player List of Known Issues for a while now…

Also, a quick search for “party leader” finds 39 results…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/search?q=%22party%20leader%22%20category:23%20order:latest

And in most of those threads, you’d find my standard response…

Error 315000 - Chat Silence - Only available to party leader

There are two scenarios for this.

First…
It’s a temporary bug which can usually be resolved by switching to another hero and then back to the one you wanted to play on, changing which pet the hero has selected, and so on. Alternatively, closing and re-starting the client should resolve it.

Second…
If you’ve received an in-game chat silence penalty from any Blizzard game.

There is a long outstanding bug (since October 2019) whereby if you receive a chat silence from any Blizzard game, you will be unable to start or join a Diablo III game session. This will last until the silence period is over.

If you have received a chat silence, you will have been sent an email to your registered address with an explanation of why the silence was issued, and how long the penalty period will last. For a first offence, it’s 24 hours. For subsequent offences, the penalty period doubles each time, i.e.

Offence Silence (Days) Silence (Months)
1st 1 Day
2nd 2 Days
3rd 4 Days
4th 8 Days
5th 16 Days
6th 32 Days 1 Month 2 Days
7th 64 Days 2 Months 4 Days
8th 128 Days 4 Months 8 Days
9th 256 Days 8 Months 16 Days
10th 512 Days 17 Months 2 Days

…and so on.

If you believe you were incorrectly silenced…
Appealing a Silence, Suspension, or Ban

If the penalty was correctly applied…

While it is theoretically possible for us to unmute players which might work around this, we’re not in the practice of reversing these kinds of account actions for this sort of reason. Regardless of this unexpected behavior, the accounts which have been muted were muted for a reason. If you have an extended duration suspension, a user of your account must have broken our terms of use several times. As such, the account actions will stand until they expire.

2 Likes

I have this issue, and I haven’t been silenced, banned or any of the sort.
Switching characters, region, reinstalling the game, relaunching the client and game, resetting router etc. renders the same error.

I’ve made it work for one gaming session after I changed my password - next session I was back to the same error - and now resetting my password does no longer work.

Can you guys please push this issue, I really want to play thx

1 Like

Several days ago I played normally. I joined a party yesterday, had to leave later, I can’t recall if I left the game or clicked exit game. Up until this moment everything was fine. Since then it takes a while for “Authenticating Credentials” to process. When the game finally shows my character screen, I’m unable to start game (Only available to party leader).

At this point I tried to join party, error 315000. I restarted the game, suddenly could play, (Authenticating Credentials still didn’t process any faster), but I wanted to check if a party invite would have worked. My friend sent me invitation and right after creating the game it crashed. I hadn’t received any e-mail about silencing, I also doubt someone could’ve reported me. I seldom play in parties and barely speak to anyone while playing.

I read through almost every post, tried all suggestions (i.e. repair, reinstall, actualize drivers, flush DNS, renew IP). To no avail.

Can you see this through? Thanks.

read this thread

blue post related owo

Hello!

I cannot play diablo 3 as well, and I’m not silenced on any other games. I have only hots account and ow, and I am able to play hots, didn’t play ow since a year or more.
Started a seasonal character today, logged out and cannot log in now.

Never had this problem before - played for many years.
today when i logged in the “play” button was greyed out and on mouseover it stated that this was “only available to party leader” - i am not in a party. It does it on both america and eu servers and both non seasonal and seasonal toons.
chat doesn’t work either.
i am 54 years old and play mostly either alone or with my 3 friends who are the same age as me - so I don’t think i have broken any rules.
please advise

I am also having the same issue, the “join game” button is disabled and it says “only available for party leader”
same as Bunkus mentioned before, I don’t even use the chat function, just to say hello and GG.
Please support!

Same problem here, havent been silenced or anything as i played solo the last week and have not been active in any Blizzard forum for years.

Tried emptying cache, resetting pw, scanning gamefiles, playing from another computer, another network connection… nothing helped. Hope this gets solved soon.