2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Emphasis mine.

When anyone thinks we’re just whining, nah. We’ve been politely asking for buffs for years.

4 Likes

Hmm, try asking for nerfs now, since it doesn’t seem to work when asking for buffs…

1 Like

I think that’s how people are today. Going straight to the thought of others doing something negative. Instead of actually reading up on stuff.

It’s not like we were here, trying to become Op or something else. But again, I believe that people just rush to the nearest judgement and negative mentality unfortunally. I like debatting about what new stuff we might bring in.

1 Like

There are a lot of discussion on PTR feedback section. I listed hundreds of topic summarized each topic request on 1 line. It has many barb stuff. Maybe you should give a look to say if requested stuff is enough if need more etc.

Good point.

I don’t blame them, though. They’ve seen us making threads for years, and many of them probably don’t play Barb, so they don’t understand our class’s problems. They probably think, “Come on, surely you’ve gotten something in all this time, right?”

But we haven’t. And when you add it all up, you see why we’re ticked off:

• Weakest of all classes for solo for years
  • Stuck in zDPS for groups since always
  • No significant updates in years
  • Outdated items
  • Broken sets since their introduction (Wastes)
  • Most powerful builds rely on gimmicks (wall-charging)

The list goes on and on. The Barb community has been politely addressing this for years.

For years.

And what’s been done?

So, you know. Now we all like:

Just give us the List 1 stuff. Maybe you give us List 2 later, who knows, but stop ignoring us.

11 Likes

Please never do this. Don’t make random phone calls to pass on feedback or contact our HR department about balance patches. That is not the job of those departments, and I’d really like for you to not make their jobs more difficult. It’s my job, and I’m here reading feedback and communicating to development nearly every day.

(I can’t honestly say every day. I do a lot of stuff, BlizzCon is a terrifyingly short 14 weeks away and a huge team effort, so some days, that’s not my focus. But I do try!)

I can’t do anything more than promise I’m reading a lot of ya’lls posts and talking to the right folks. I just want to impress you guys are already doing what you should be doing, which is having (mostly positive/constructive) discourse. Please keep that up, and continue keeping it civil!

34 Likes

When Nev says she doing, she’s doing and I take her word for it. I know Barbs day is coming. And it’s going to be SWEET!

6 Likes

Respectfully, when it takes half a decade for the devs themselves to respond through game changes you really have to wonder what is going on. We know you pass the feedback onwards but the disconnect between player and dev is bonkers.

Free provided facts for each patch completely lacking attention to Barbarians.

How is it possible for developers to have time and knowledge to implement new amulets that double Pylon duration (which no one asked for) but can’t alter an existing number on some set items?

I understand changes taking months and maybe a year. But come on… 5 years for tweaking Barbarians? That’s just completely demoralizing and incredible. Entire AAA games are developed in that time span.

26 Likes

And, Skull Grasp is not even in any of the vendor packs on PTR for testing. You have to up rares or get the drop.
Now that is really putting Barbs in their place…
Not even right.

3 Likes

I never play Barb. Hubby has one on my account that he abandoned years ago. Have a clan mate that plays one every season, she likes the leap quake barb. Sad to say she can only solo greater rift 95 after we have carried her through rifts to upgrade her gems. Barbs are so far behind the other builds. Sad that someone who has only played barb long enough to do the set dungeons knows how far behind this toon is. You guys have worked so hard for years to bring this to the attention of developers to be ignored year after year. I feel for you.

12 Likes

Give us a last minute ACTION on THIS 2.6.6 patch. We are tired of seeing this kind of reply to be honest.

10 Likes

I’m a Chinese Diablo fans.Thank you for your voice about Barbs.

In our forums,when 2.6.6ptr begin,we’re all excited about the Mortick’s Brace.But in our test,the brace is useless.Because we can’t change our builds’ brace.The Mortick need more than 50% extra damage increase.

We call nearly every season ‘0 patch’ or ‘+0 patch’.2.6.6’s change make us feel happy about new items.But Barbs is also forgotten.We don’t want buff Barbs for +0000%,preeminent above Wizard’s Lollipop.We just need fair treatment.

In my opinion,I think Diablo’s designer Want Barbs to play a supporting role,so they don’t give him ample damage.But i think Diablo’s soul is make different builds to play any roles in groups.This is also differences between Diablo and other traditional ARPG.

13 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people ask for buffs to Mortick’s and this just seems like a lazy workaround that will prevent future meaningful fixes to the class.

If Insanity gets a buff or if Mortick’s gets a separate damage modifier, it’ll completely shift the dynamic of current Barbarian and change the possibilities Barbarians can receive to its other weak and outdated items.

7 Likes

Just highlighting the painful truth.

And certain devs wonder why they cop so much flak.

Keeping up with what the players want is part of the job yet it seems the devs or whoever is in charge don’t want a bar of it.

Players have been doing their bit for years.

Is it too much to ask for Blizzard to be doing theirs?

12 Likes

Attacking Nev and the developers will only hurt our cause.

It’s unfortunate we get nothing again. But we’ll have to make do with what we have.

Test and get data with the new items and the new patch. Meet back up and repeat our analysis and proposals.

3 Likes

The proposal to end all proposals has been up for a while. And the current crop of items, well, there isn’t much to be done with them. It’s obvious, and reliable tester have already proven as much.

Even if the devs ignore our solutions, the data is still there–how much we need, what it means, etc.

8 Likes

Nev, if you check my account you’ll see I’ve played barb since the initial release of Diablo 3. I tried Necro this last season and just don’t love it like my barb! Please grant us lifelong barb players this single buff so we can love S18. I’m been waiting so long and just basically begging for this one ask as a Diablo 3 player :blush:

1 Like

A lot of crying on these boards from grown men/women.
Yes Barbs suck, so what.
Barbs sucked for so long I forgot they even existed.
Why do you expect a fix from a company that has gone mobile
last Blizzcon.
Hey, if they balance classes more, great, but in reality, most likely
not.

It’s almost August again which means I’m looking forward to the second instalment of the “Forges burning hot” video series in an attempt to sell more BlizzCon tickets.

Also, baring what was said on stage last year, I find it the height of irony that people can’t even get into BlizzCon without a mobile phone this year.

Oh, and the “We hear you” thread on the old forums mentioned that you’d definitely have some Diablo news for us within a year of that post being made. Nothing so far, so the clock’s ticking on that too.

18 Likes

You have to read between the lines I guess :slight_smile:
"The forges are burning hot, for all games but Diablo. "

“We hear you, and choose to ignore you instantly”

10 Likes