Nerf Thread on General

Perfect balance is impossible. For solo, a top-bottom 5-6 GR range is possible and has been achieved in multiple eras in the past. There is no reason to think that the prior level of balance can not occur in the future rather than the current 14 GR spread.

How about these combination of words:
Class-specific forum demagoguery leads to self-contradictory and incorrigible arguments.

That was expression of my opinion, everyone can agree/disagree I can be wrong as well sometimes. Anyway, was just Killing time reading a bit while in the underground. Time is precious, sincerely dont waste it for a lost cause.

That’s the first time I have ever been called a “rabble-rouser”, I rather like it in a Barbaric sort of way!

You are totally right this time, it is a lost cause and I am running out of time, the Dev’s are gona do what they are gona do, I just hope they are reasonable about it and don’t get carried away like usual. :thinking:

One thing for sure, is the next PTR is going to be interesting! :sunglasses:
:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

This wasn’t directed at you. I was speaking in general in relation to some posting behavior that has elements of being a forum demagogue.

I just wanted to use a sentence with the words demagoguery and incorrigible.

P.S. I wrote “incorrigible” which is not a spelling error for “encourageable” that sound alike but have different meanings.

If you are quoting me you are speaking to me! LOL
I was very incorrigible in my youth, I was told I was bad and beyond correction or reform, but I am old now, so “rabble-rouser” makes me feel young again, so remember that when you start BSen me in the future. :wink:

1 Like

I quoted that bit because you commented on my vocabulary on the first post with heterogeneity etc… That post was not directed to you but in response to Free. The followup comment was also not directed at you as I said but simply a reflection of using other atypical words. I’m sorry for the miscommunication.

someone needs his big words nerfed. Big words doesn’t equal intelligence…neither do lots and lots of charts.

2 Likes

Apology accepted, I was pulling your leg, trying to get you going so to speak, anyway. :wink:
Actually I was just trying to be the best “Rabble-Rousing” Barbarian on the forums! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :smile_cat:
I am tired of this Balance Nurfs squabble for now :yawning_face: but we will probably cross paths in the PTR, if I decide that I can do anything to help the Barbarian cause. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:
“Spin to Win” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This comment has just killed the self called barbarian expert from forums lmao.

someone with his insane level of paragon probably didn’t need to since he has a super high level of damage. More damage=less charges needed to wipe out elites. Probably built up enough just charging pack to pack.

Every single guy aiming for the top of the ladderboards has crazy paragon, so that is a bad argument.
It just show how many times Free has lied about barbarian perfomance, and people tend to follow their wrong ideas.

The dude has 10k paragon non-season. Thats way more than anyone gets in season. Thats a ton of extra damage/survivability.

We are talking about barbarian perfomance in non season since the start of this thing.
We can’t use seasons atm to measure anything because seasonal buff ruin the results.
Buffs and nerfs are considered with 10k paragon players in mind, even in the barbarian proposal buff idea by Free, he used 10k paragon players too.

1 Like

Noones even using charge this season so that argument is invalid as well. When charge was top build in seasons everyone was wall charging.

1 Like

As Salamandra stated, the top ranked leaderboard players in non-season have crazy high paragon.

I do not know how many times wall-charging has been invoked to explain and rationalize the “extra” inferiority in prior eras that are not considered in the context of the data analysis. I wonder how many of the top clears did not use gimmicky wall charging mechanics as the #1 barb in the world in era 11 claims that he did not.

That is the problem… Free said a lot of times that back in that time “everyone was wall charging”.

And then darkpatator the guy that cleared the highest GR with charge has just said that in that clear he was not using wall charge.

Free lies a lot about barbarian perfomance to get buffs or avoid nerfs, but people that follow him ignore things like that because they are super biased.

Also lately Free has started to say harsh words to the guys that support the WW nerfs, maybe he is getting nervious because people in the forums are breaking his weak arguments often.

My major issue is that many arguments are self-contradictory and there has been a propagation of misinformation. I realize that my position may not be popular with all but I start with data and then think about things analytically with a broad perspective.

From a personal standpoint, the more discussion there is the better to explore strengths and weaknesses in arguments. For example, I can not comment of which top end GR clears used wall charging versus not in the prior era. We now know that “everyone” did not use that “gimmicky” mechanic assuming darkpatotor was being truthful. This makes me wonder how many other top clears did not use wall-charging in prior eras.

I have been talking about motivated reasoning that we are all guilty of to varying degrees. Motivated reasoning often becomes even more of an issue when facts conflict with our identity, leading to a fight or flight response which we can easily witness. Does someone retreat to a comforting echo chamber? Do they resort to emotional, personal attacks? Do they try to silence others who challenge them with facts?

Those of us who frequent the forum for whatever reason have Diablo 3 as part of their identity. As one can imagine, we may even have a specific focus to that identity as we relate to a particular class or class community. This can be seen in simple things such as the distribution of in game play time, which forum we choose to visit and even our selection of forum avatar. The point that we feel that we feel were are an expert/influencer on something, the more difficult it may be to see our own logical deficiencies and when we ignore facts as a significant part of our identity is intimately connected to an idea.

https://medium.com/personal-growth/motivated-reasoning-to-be-persuasive-you-need-more-than-facts-d0a46190e89d

1 Like

The WW barb is fine where it is now I don’t think there needs to be a buff or nerf. If you do a nerf now, it affects the NS players most since they have to move on with a weaker character now. I know there’s other classes, Ive played them in the past, I just like using barb and play solo for the most part now. I played from day 1 pretty much to 2016 with some breaks and came back some months ago right before rend buff. This is the first time I remember the barb being very competitive as a solo toon. Barb sucked at solo pushes for years, the only competitive solo barb build was the original pull barb and that required lots of luck (conduit or bust) and was nerfed anyway. Not sure why some of you care if this one time Barb is good on its own, honestly why does it matter and need to be nerfed, what will you gain out of that?

1 Like

ww Barb takes negative skill. Yes it should be nerfed so something that requires two braincells to rub together in order to work can shine instead

What do you consider sucking solo? Is it a class being the weakest class? Below average? Average? Not overpowered?

When you say years, what do you mean from 2014? 2015? 2016? 2017? 2018?

There is some data:

http://d3resource.com/seasons/