List of Major Problems on PTR so far

Thank you, based game producer :pray:

If you leave WW Rend alone I will finally have a reason to play a barb again and have some fun with a different class for a change, because right now I only play with a DH…

2 Likes

You are doing great with new changes, keep up the pace!

And D3 news at Blizzcon would be epic!

1 Like

Analyzing all of this, it really looks like after this PTR, we just need to buff every class not named Barb or Wizard. Good progress after 7 years of balancing!!!

Seriously though, I would rather have each class be able to reasonably hit that 140-145 benchmark, but make 145-150 solo extremely challenging.

1 Like

Just flag him for trolling. That is what is happening. We saw similar types in tge day when RxT cleared 118 and someone claimed (demonburgerger to be precise) he was saying RxT ploughing 125… ww was ruined back then. it was not OP at all as the following seasons showed more dominance of DHs and Wizs… I collated a lot of data to prove our point bac then to no avail. Developers seem to be really affected by these trolls. Just flag them and do not read or respond to them.

Ahh speaking of demonburgerger he is the guy right above me fyi.

Note: I made this analysis in a ptr two years ago when people pushed for the ww nerf (RxT cleared 118 back then). I handpicked PTR data points to prove that it was not right. However, nerf went ahead thanks to all the troll rants. And following season (edit: non-season results. High paragon effects) actually proved my points, Necros were clearing 125s and barb was stuck at around 116-119 range.

So I am actually tired to do the same this time around. We can only wish that developers run some logic instead of following troll whinings.

8 Likes

Thought that was “more crackers”. GG devs.

On the plus side, the kill streaks resolves the botting meta at least for this season.

1 Like

Wanna start calling me by my name, you are being extremely rude and disrespectful. Oh, and stop spreading misinformation as well, because I never said it was ruined, I felt at the time it could fall in line for a nerf.

People have opinions, trolling them for their opinions, spreading lies about their comments, and name calling is a breach of the ToS.

1 Like

No one is lying, like yesterday everyone remembers the plowing.

9 Likes

Folks who claim that nerfing Barb is about “balance” are full of it.

The game has never been, and will never be, balanced. One can work toward a better overall state of inter- and intra-class parity, yes, but those terms–balance and parity–also intersect with other things such as “fun” and “fairness.”

Is it fair that Barbs have been hot garbage for years? Was it fun for us to rely on gimmicks like wall-charging to clear over 130? Was it fun for us to work around broken sets (Rend) and rely on ludicrous amounts of fishing? Was it fair that our two strongest builds relied on gimmicks, and the third place builds are so density dependent as to literally bottleneck themselves into fishing for 2 maps and 2 types of mob combos? Was it fun or fair that one of those builds, WW, was among the toughest to gear and yet was still incredibly weak compared to other builds across most Paragon ranges?

When was the last time it felt fun or fair to be a Barb main?

All this talk about “balance” is plain stupidity. Various classes have had their time to shine and be a little (or a lot) better off than most other classes–all except Barbs. This is the first time we stand out in any significant way and folks want “tone it down,” or “balance it out,” or “nerf it just little.”

To that I say: no, no, and no.

I think I speak for the Barb community when I say that the power increases we got to Rend feel fair and fun if you love Barb. And if you don’t love Barb, you can play a different class and wait for your time in the sun (especially considering you already had it).

It’s fair that after years of literally begging for buffs Barbs finally–finally–feel powerful and fun. When it comes to a 7-year old game, the time to worry about “balance” has long since flown the coop.

Barbs deserve to feel powerful and fun, and even if we do end up OP, quite frankly, we deserve that too.

Folks who feel otherwise–who want to see better cross-class parity–should work to buff their favorite classes, not bring down Barbs.

I’m deeply, deeply disappointed by anyone who has suggested or advocated for nerfs based on 10k Paragon clears and ludicrous Seasonal advantages–or any nerfs, period.

It’s fair that Barbs are finally getting their comeuppance, and to make up for all the years we got literally nothing, it’s also fair that we get a little more heaped on top.

Or HOTA and Slam items could use more buffs. Our Rend buffs? Perfect. Wouldn’t change a thing.

All y’all talking about balance. Please.

That rhetoric is as tired as the regular calls for Barb nerfs.

29 Likes

I was quite confusing?You said you didn’t use single data predict barb? Then you just put darkpatators’ words here. How ironic.

Estimated? You didn’t do any meaningful comparison. You didn’t use Prokhan’s curve, but you still use his data “attacking” barb.

A table trolling guy only select certain bias data support his brainstorm opinions.

BTW, don’t forget to put this data: Wiz did 146 today.

Bliz only trust Prokhan’s unbiased data analysis. Not yours.

10 Likes

Demonmonger,

I am having a difficult time reconciling the patch 2.6.1 PTR data that was admittingly hand-picked versus the conclusion reached about season 12 balance where patch 2.6.1 went live and “post barb nerf”.

I would also be wary of people who claim that balance is not important. If balance is not important, why buff any class? Clearly barbarians and monks should be buffed to make them better/more balanced in relation to other classes.

JustinFan,

You quoted point #1 which dealt with the top non-season GR clear, but did not quote pont #2 immediately below point #1. It had data for the ranking of the top 130 and 125 GR clears. As such, your assessment that I based my interpretation was based on a single player seems to me disingenuous. Prokahn’s analysis of era 11 is unbiased*, but you really should read post #2 in that thread.

• It does not take into account the numbers of players playing each class.

Exactly this. Who cares about the top clears? If elite players can get 150 that’s great. Average players hitting 115/120 with little to no effort seems more problematic.

Y’all whining about “balance” and nerfs: For God’s sake, LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR DANG FUN!

WHY ARE YOU THE FUN POLICE? BE QUIET. GO SIT AND BE QUIET. IT IS SHUSH TIME FOR YOU.

PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN AND YOU ARE CRAPPING ON IT IN THE NAME OF “BALANCE.”

THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON FOR YOU TO CARE. PEOPLE ARE FINALLY HAVING FUN AFTER YEARS OF THEIR FAVORITE CLASS BEING TRASH AND YOU ARE ACTING LIKE THE FUN POLICE: “HOLD UP THERE, CANT LET YOU HAVE ALL THAT FUN, GONNA NEED TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU.”

JUST SHUSH AND GO SIT!

21 Likes

That is the analysis carried out in the season at a certain week. So paragons were limited. Balance was good given a short time frame. But PTR was NS characters so higher paragon may affect those results. FYI. So considering very high paragons, barbs are left behind. Barb class has no dmg scaling with GRs. Only AD. That s why barbs need a huge DPS in order to be viable dps such as the new WW buff. People are not aware of those facts mostly.

8 Likes

My 2 cents.

As a mainly Crusader player I would strongly appreciate some improvements which could lead Crusaders to a role in Meta runs.

I am thinking at Akkhan’s Heaven’s Fury build: buff it so that it could have a spot in RGK role. In particular I suggest to improve Akkhan Set damage and also Bracers of Fury mechanic to become possible to access the full bonus continuously.

Therefore, LoD Blessed Shield build is very funny to play; I haven’t never experimented a lag, even in 130 GR 4-p (while there are often big lags with Chantodo at these stages), so why don’t change Akkhan’s Leniency bonus to 50-60%? It would be a great help to give us a strong, viable alternative to Wizard SP in 140 GR runs (and I don’t mention what all of you already know, which is almost all of Wizs SP users are “helped” in rotations by macros) .

I would be clear: I am not asking neither the moon nor the revolution, I am only suggesting some little - great changes that could lead to improvements in gameplay variety. Chantodo will be nerfed (and this is a great news), but something must be done to other classes.

4 Likes

I think your era 11 analysis informs here in light of your season 12 analysis.

Lao Tzu said “The sage stays behind, thus he is ahead. He is detached, thus at one with all. Through selfless action, he attains fulfillment.”

Monk is now complete.

1 Like

Heavens fury would benefit so much from a ring or 1h having rcr or wraith generation. I played a BS build this last season and kept an eye out for HF stuff. With Prides fall, hexing pants? (not sure if useful even if possible), got close to being self sufficient 1v1 with a LOD build but there is so many factors: law, akarat, prides fall, hexing, wraith gen on wep, that the toughness is minuscule.

1 Like

Why are you so adverse to anybody that has a different opinion than you? Some of which, do in fact, play barb?
Blizzard - specifically asks for peoples opinions
You - if you don’t agree with me shut up and stop giving feedback because you’re wrong and I’m right