List of Major Problems on PTR so far

Again, the biggest issue for Barbs, is that Barbs asked for a buff, without demanding that anyone else be nerfed.

Now that Barbs finally got a buff, everyone is demanding that Barbs be nerfed, without addressing the issues of their own class.

10 Likes

How is that relevant in any way? So what if “they” didn’t ask for nerfs to builds that were on live? This PTR had barb buffs. Blizzard specifically wants to know what people thought about the PTR. Some people think the PTR barb was too strong. I couldn’t care less if the “barb community” didn’t ask for nerfs – that’s not a golden ticket to be abusive and caustic to anybody that gives feedback on the PTR that isn’t in line with the “barb community”.

1 Like

If you think the majority of this is coming from the Barb “community”, then you’ve either not read much, or you are blatantly ignoring the majority of the “nerf barbs now” comments

2 Likes

Hot damn! This calls for a picture…

7 Likes

Breaking the balance of the game is not fun, and it negatively impacts balancing in a zero-sum universe. This is not a good form of argument. At all.

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t realize the FATE OF THE UNIVERSE IS AT STAKE, THANK GOD FUN POLICE ARE HERE TO MAKE SURE ALL THIS FUN WE’RE HAVING DOESN’T EXPLODE THE ZERO SUM UNIVERSE

Come off it. Balance? Really?

Letting Barbs have their fun doesn’t do anything to anyone else’s enjoyment of the game, and it sure as heck doesn’t signal the end of the world. So sick of this inflated BS rhetoric about when Barbs have been trash for YEARS.

This isn’t about “balance” and you and the rest of FUN POLICE (and Micro"s alt that he used to like your post) know it.

11 Likes

So it’s fine for Wizards to clear 140-144 GR with about 6000-7000 paragon solo when Barbs could only clear 128-133 GR, but when a barb can clear a 140 GR with over 10000 paragon while Wiz after chantodo’s nerf can still clear GR 140-141 GR with much less paragon level it’s breaking balance?

I have no idea where people get all that nonsense with barbs able to solo 141-145 GR unless they mean a 4 META group with barbs as damage dealing class.

Even if barbs will make it to the META as an alternative to Wizards they will be lucky to clear a GR141-145 max, if over 10000 paragon is required to complete a 140 GR solo, while 4 man META group with chantodo’s vyr’s build Wizard in even after the nerf should probably clear 145-146GR…

Of course the numbers above are all assumptions as we won’t find out how really strong barbs are unless the WW Rend and the new Chantodo’s (after nerf, unless they revert it) comes live…

11 Likes

If you wanr the game to be a free for all, sure. That is how games get abandoned. I would rather there be actual effort.

So I guess playing with the same class for over 500 hours just to be stuck in max GR100-110 range is free for all for you or not enough effort?

How about over 2000 hours and be lucky to clear a GR120-130 max solo…

Players who invest 1000s of hours in a game should be allowed to finally reach the highiest possible goal the game offers to them…

Letting Barbs be powerful for once = “free for all”?

Really?

Reel it in, Bojangles. A strong Rend build isn’t a “free for all” anymore than Chantodo’s was–less since it is, by all indication, weaker in the long run. A single super-strong build for a class that has, historically, been trash does NO harm to the game. On the contrary, it helps insure that players who enjoy that class/build can finally have some fun with it.

Did you play Zodiac WW all these years? Did you enjoy the merciless gear requirements? Did you enjoy locking up the game with lag in order to play the build the only way it could be successfully played? Did you enjoy the fact that it required twice as much fishing twice as early as every other major Barb build? Did you enjoy the fact that every other Barb build, at half the Paragon and with worse gear, could clear 10-15+ GRs above it until you managed to acquire some truly no-life levels of Paragon? Did you like how those other Barb builds also–at every Paragon–lagged behind what other classes and builds could do in terms of GR pushing, T16 speed-farming, and bounty clears? Did you like how Barbs were, compared to all other classes, garbage?

Was that fun? Was that fair? Was that balanced?

DID ANY OF YOU FUN POLICE ENJOY THAT?

Well, I sure didn’t. And most of the Barb community sure didn’t.

Now we have buffs to 3 builds, one of which is finally competitive with Wizards, Necros, Crusaders, and Witch Doctors, and some FUN POLICE wanna take it away in the name of “balance.”

You can put that “balance” in the squad car and drive it off the QUIET TIME pier, because I ain’t having anymore of this bogus, self-righteous BS.

19 Likes

Even if the barb PTR numbers get nerfed a bit, it will still be far stronger than live and probably amongst the top 3 builds in the game.
Explain to me why this would be the end of the world? Do you guys even realise just how utterly pathetic you sound when you cry like this? Smh. They are not gutting the speccs, they are INFACT buffing barbs by a crazy amount (with or without an adjustment).

Really, it’s like hearing children crying over having their toys taken away. I’d say it’s time to grow the f… up and be happy these other devs seem to be a bit more interested in finetuning. Who knows, maybe they get it right and you can all enjoy a more varied season.

2 Likes

Gasnick,

I am trying to understand your argument. You say that we should not use darkpatator clears to assess barbarian power. So…

Do you agree with Prokahn’s era 11 analysis where he claimed that demon hunters were an outlier class in terms of greater rift efficiency/power along with wizards?

I do not.

Do you even realise that this is how most of the complaints about Barb finally being playable sound?

The irony of your post continues to be missed.

4 Likes

Oh man , just let those crybabies has some fun will ya ?
It’s a offline game after all , why talk about nerf ? lol

Haha and you will still be “playable” despite receiving a slightly lower buff than the CRAZY one originally intended. Anything else?

Asking for balance is not the same as asking to destroy a spec.

edit.

1 Like

Why is it a crazy buff?
If anything I still don’t think it’s been buffed enough

5 Likes

It’s CRAZY because it catapults the Barbs into top 3, and whirlwind specifically gets to clear over 10 GRs higher than previously. Crazy in the sense that it’s huge, a small adjustment to this number will not prevent the build from being very strong, definitely ‘playable’ :).

So now it’s only a top three specc…

You’re proving Barbs point for them

7 Likes

Why is any of that a problem?

How does any of that somehow destroy “balance”? Every Season and Era, there are one or two, or sometimes three, builds that rival all others in terms of power. That is, in fact, how it’s always been, and Barbs have never had a shot at any of it.

So what exactly is the problem?

6 Likes

8 Likes