Just keep your word Blizzard

Because you guys are ALWAYS coming around the corner with the same crap and your selfishness upsets me. THEREFORE.
I want the game what Blizzard has announced!
YOU want to make a bunch of S.HIT out of it.
and that for MONTHS with always the same stupid arguments. I am so sick of it

2 Likes

Agreed, don’t let fancy and boring changes destroy this masterpiece!

1 Like

We already don’t have the game Blizz announced. It’s moved well-beyond this. You can ignore this all you want, but you’re well-behind the times already. You’re screaming at us to stop talking about changing the game well-after Blizz has already done so.

oh and just because you think that it is already no longer the game what blizzard has announced, they can now just add MORE crap yes ?
NO
by the way: TC/IP thing: doesn’t bother me
Shared Stash: great thing
The small QoL updates : great thing
fixing bugs is great!

what has been changed so far and also announced before is great!
but I do not want MORE.
The more they change the bigger the chance that it doesn’t feel like a D2 remaster anymore. and the bigger the chance that they screw it up.

and if they even THINK about making any balance changes it’s already too late anyway. because Blizzard can’t do exactly TWO things:

1- Balance
2- Itemization

1 Like

Hard to say either way. They could be planning a bunch of stuff or not. One things for sure they will blow smoke up your orifice to sell more copies of the game pre release.

Who knows what will happen post release either way someone’s going to be on this forum complaining about it lol

Blizzard/VV repeatedly said that they were open to more changes if the players wanted them. Here are quotes and links for you to see in one place the verifiable truth.

From a few days ago
Diablo 2: Resurrected’s Post Launch Content Plans (gamerant.com)

Question: With Diablo 2: Resurrected was there ever any consideration of keeping the core game mechanics intact, but still finding ways to maybe add new enemies or new items? Things that just add more without changing the core experience?

Blizzard (Rob and Michael ): Oh, yeah. We definitely geeked out about those kind of things. Lots of things that wouldn’t fundamentally change anything but could just be plugged in. We wanted to build a strong foundations before we started hitting the third and fourth floors. We definitely have lots of ideas, but right now we’re making sure we get the core game right. We’ve unlocked all the ladder specific content and can do that in single player and non-ladder. We’ll have to see what happens once the game goes live in terms of what we do in terms or balancing, new items, etc.

1 Like

Blizzard can… a game with 100% same mechanics like a 2001 game (for gods sake we got some changes) wouldnt be sell very well…

I personally don’t mind new content and/or an expansion. They should probably keep it separate though, so the purists get what they want also.

yes have fun then with your junk after they have screwed around on an almost perfect game because the stupid community can NEVER get enough.
a half a year after release you won’t recognize D2Res.
Thanks a lot already.

4 Likes

Blizzard,Blizzard,Blizzard…when will people realize blizzard isnt in charge of what the devs do to this game cause they arent the one that made the remaster…

That have, they are, and they will continue to make changes. The 1.14 baseline is slipping further and further into the rearview mirror. You’ll only see if it you look.

That’s your opinion. Other players feel differently. The killing of mods and gutting of ladder were much more of a problem, I believe.

That ship has sailed - and driving farther away all the time.

Rod’s already discussed they’re looking at new runewords down the road.

So, be as dogmatic as you’d like. Doesn’t change the fact that Blizz has already broken its promise about “that same D2 experience you love,” They’re continuing to make significant changes to even the beta versions, and they’re telling us they’re planning on even more changes/improvements in the future.

So, keep drawing lines in the sand. But, those lines will be moving all the time whether you like it or not.

well then V.V. is just a bunch of liars who dont deserve THAT Job.

The quotes I provided span ~6 months. Their intention has been clear. With this information, you can decide what you want to do financially.

1 Like

I can see how you’d see it this way. But, I have to admit (unlike most Blizz initiatives), these VV guys seem to be fairly competent. You have to admit it that D2R is beautiful, and really captures the spirit of D2 in a way I didn’t fully expect. Yes, there are a few issues in performance (rubber banding, walls, etc.), but it seems to be a lot better than I’d expected or hoped.

Perhaps with some steady hands on the wheel (Rod F. also seems pretty good), that they’ll keep the spirit of D2 alive, and if they make any changes, they’ll be well thought out, implemented properly, and do not change the game play in many significant ways. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

yes until the idiots in suits (and the money) come around the corner and ORDER V.V. to change the game and listen to the cries of people who don’t buy until they get what they want.

as I said… in half a year a PERFECT remaster will become a pile of garbage. Because guys with money and ZERO clue ORDER people WITH clue to make changes based on demands of the broad CASUAL masses.

This is what will happen

good that the game was not even more expensive

or because some people are objective and dont like a game with outdated mechanics from 2001 :wink:

1 Like

Well, true, you can never overestimate Blizz suits’ ability to take the wrong turn almost all the time. However, a lot of those guys are gone, with more going out the door. Bringing in fresh blood might help the typical Activision poison from seeping in too quickly.

I guess I see D2 a bit differently than you. I admit, it’s my favorite game of all time, and I’m thrilled it’s been brought up to 2020’s standards, as far as graphics go. But, I’ll also admit D2/LoD wasn’t perfect. It did have things that needed work.

I guess I’m OK if VV gives it a nice shave and hair cut. It’s already had a great dye-job!

1 Like

meh lame, you dont get to chose what they do with the game.

hopefully we will get alot of stuff post launch, act 6, more items maybe, rune/gems stacking. personal loot option, could be cool.

1 Like

“meh lame, you dont get to chose what they do with the game”. <— ÄHM…

what do you think you are doing ?
They announce a game and all the bored people act like: "hm yes then I want THAT …THAT too. THIS ONE…jop… You can also include this FEATURE…hm…

Are you still fine? This is not a wish concert
we can be glad to FINALLY get a remaster of the game after such a long time.

how about writing all this s.hit in the D4 forum?!

Since when patching a game turns a remaster into a remake? People want Blizzard to continue to support D2 and that means new patches with content and some changes.

3 Likes